Is it really possible to be skinny and hypothyroid?

Kris

brain to body ratio determines longevity and is related to metabolism, dogs/monkeys may not have the level of metabolism isnt it dolphins and whales whom are comparable and they actually do live similar lifespans

well, the sea animals are filled with PUFA

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I did not know that. but still, we are not birds, are we? last time I checked, we are mammals.

Look at people with the highest metabolisms: children, teenagers.

Low metabolism: elderly and ill people. If you're cold and have a low pulse you're simply not going to have as much vitality and health as you would with a robust pulse and temperature.

Ray expands on these topics pretty clearly in his Generative Energy book and different articles. The links you send are just more of the mainstream clichés, they're not really convincing at all honestly.

Kris

Look at people with the highest metabolisms: children, teenagers.

Low metabolism: elderly and ill people. If you're cold and have a low pulse you're simply not going to have as much vitality and health as you would with a robust pulse and temperature.

Ray expands on these topics pretty clearly in his Generative Energy book and different articles. The links you send are just more of the mainstream clichés, they're not really convincing at all honestly.

there are different stages in life. When one is younger, one is in a different metabolic cycle. After, everything relaxes more, which is not necessity a bad thing.

D

Doer

I did not know that. but still, we are not birds, are we? last time I checked, we are mammals.

Shouldn't we compare ourselves with other primates?
We burn more calories and live wayyy longer

Kris

there is also the third kind, pasteurised milk. homogenised milk is no good

Kris

Shouldn't we compare ourselves with other primates?
We burn more calories and live wayyy longer

I might have hypothyroidism, or maybe not. I tried various approaches, diets and supplements, for many years, and my temperature is lower than it should be according to RP. But I feel good, i am strong and healthy in spite of my age. So the thing that I am questioning: is there something wrong with me or RP thyroid philosophy. I am beginning to lean towards the latter...

D

Doer

I might have hypothyroidism, or maybe not. I tried various approaches, diets and supplements, for many years, and my temperature is lower than it should be according to RP. But I feel good, i am strong and healthy in spite of my age. So the thing that I am questioning: is there something wrong with me or RP thyroid philosophy. I am beginning to lean towards the latter..
You start of implying that longevity should be attributed to lower metabolism by providing some examples of mammals,then when i show you that humans have better metabolisms than other primates yet live much longer you start telling me about your n=1 experience which in and of itself has nothing to do with longevity just because you think you are hypo

Kris

You start of implying that longevity should be attributed to lower metabolism by providing some examples of mammals,then when i show you that humans have better metabolisms than other primates yet live much longer you start telling me about your n=1 experience which in and of itself has nothing to do with longevity just because you think you are hypo
sorry, I did not get it. yes, most mammals have better metabolism and live shorter.

D

Doer

sorry, I did not get it. yes, most mammals have better metabolism and live shorter.
You didnt respond to the article i sent you so i'll link it again.

Why do humans burn so many more calories than other primates and have a much greater lifespan?

Kris

You didnt respond to the article i sent you so i'll link it again.

Why do humans burn so many more calories than other primates and have a much greater lifespan?

these findings are not absolute. just one of those things. we do burn more calories for our bigger brain, but we burn less calories for digestion, hence our colon is much shorter. maybe we burn more calories because we eat like pigs. i am doing well on the very minimum calories, and my brain is doing just fine.

and a fun fact, the body temperature of a pig is 39C. and they do not sweat. the question is should we be jealous about pigs that they have such high body temperature without any supplements?

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

What helped you gain weight?
If you really want to gain weight, do a hyper-caloric high carb + high fat. At least 30%+ fats.
I don’t recommend it, though. It’s a recipe for fat gain.
Nobody told me when I started on this forum that you’re not supposed to gorge on fats. I was under the impression that taking all those pro-metabolic substances, I could eat like a hedonist and stay lean. Mistake.
I just finished listening to a Haidut podcast and I heard him recommend 10-15% fat intake to stay lean.

As much praise there is on this forum on Saturated Fats, I believe a hypercaloric diet combining both 30%+ carbs and 30%+ fats is a no-go, if you care about your body composition.
Perhaps there are a few with exceptional metabolic function who can make it work.

D

Doer

what about the fact that creatures with high metabolic rate live short life? while those with lower metabolic rate live very long?
My brother,you start of saying this which basically means:lower metabolism->long lifespan
Then you linked an article which said that primates burn around 50% less calories than other mammals hence they live longer.
I responded to you by comparing us humans with primates.We consume way more calories and live longer so the initial hypothesis about slower metabolism->longer lifespan is disproved.
Mr Bollox rightfully suggested that its the ratio of brain size to body size which better predicts longevity.
Why do you keep going on tangents about pigs?

D

Doer

these findings are not absolute. just one of those things. we do burn more calories for our bigger brain, but we burn less calories for digestion, hence our colon is much shorter.
This doesn't mean that we consume less calories,instead nutrient and calorie density is our game.Thats why our guts got smaller.

Kris

My brother,you start of saying this which basically means:lower metabolism->long lifespan
Then you linked an article which said that primates burn around 50% less calories than other mammals hence they live longer.
I responded to you by comparing us humans with primates.We consume way more calories and live longer so the initial hypothesis about slower metabolism->longer lifespan is disproved.
Mr Bollox rightfully suggested that its the ratio of brain size to body size which better predicts longevity.
Why do you keep going on tangents about pigs?
i am a bit kidding. but if you eat like a pig, 3 meals a day and snacking all day, you obviously consume more calories

D

Doer

i am a bit kidding. but if you eat like a pig, 3 meals a day and snacking all day, you obviously consume more calories
Haha that has nothing to do with what the original argument was.Give me a simple answet please.
Do you still believe that a slower metabolism aids longevity after i compared humans and other primates and showed that a higher metabolism equals a longer life?Yes or no?

Kris

Haha that has nothing to do with what the original argument was.Give me a simple answet please.
Do you still believe that a slower metabolism aids longevity after i compared humans and other primates and showed that a higher metabolism equals a longer life?Yes or no?

I have no knowledge to say it for sure. i am just making an argument that this maybe possible.

Kris

what are the three kinds of milk
why is homogenised not good
there is the natural milk, pasteurised and homogenised. the last one is being altered on a molecular level and may people claim that it is not good for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals