Is 2000mg calcium REALLY needed?

jyb

Elephanto said:
Unless fermentation destroys methionine, it would still provide a lot of igf-1.

IGF-1 is degraded by milk fermentation over time. It turns out bacteria can do stuff to plain methionine too, but I don't assume it's significant and I haven't heard about it changing the amino acid profile.

tara

Elephanto said:
Our teeth are the same as primates and they are fruitarians. I do think that consuming meat has made us superior but probably at the cost of longevity.

Fruits contain protein, you'd get about 60g of protein if you'd consume 2500kcals of oranges, and I think they still contain a lot of minerals. I know my orange juice has plenty of potassium and some calcium. The soil doesn't seem to affect fruits or even tubers (potatoes still have plenty of potassium and calcium) as much as grains. Don't cows get their calcium from eating grass? If the soil is so severely depleted I guess milk wouldn't have much calcium.
If you add in milk (and preferably eggs) to a diet high in fruit and veges, I expect many people could do OK. It seems to be harder to do it 's harder to do it vegan, though. There are one or two recovering ex-vegans here.

natedawggh

Mittir said:
RP recommends calcium/dairy for weight loss. Calcium activates uncoupling protein.
He thinks lowered PTH is the cause for this.I have seen several studies that showed
1000-12000 mg of calcium causing weight loss, it usually takes a long time, about a year.

He mentioned hypothyroidism can cause both low and high blood pressure.
So, it is not about single substance lowering or increasing
blood pressure. The way i understand is that increased calcium is not going to lower blood pressure
if blood pressure is already low. People with low pressure usually raise their pressure by
taking salt and or egg protein. Quality protein increases albumin.

I have been taking eggshell calcium every day (I get about 2 eggshells total every day...can't drink too much milk because of really bad serotonin symptoms). Exactly 20 minutes after consuming 1/2 an eggshell my temperatures skyrocket up to 99 or more even if it's in the evening (and especially after eating). I have also noticed a severe improvement in my skin quality.

Mittir

natedawggh said:
Mittir said:
RP recommends calcium/dairy for weight loss. Calcium activates uncoupling protein.
He thinks lowered PTH is the cause for this.I have seen several studies that showed
1000-12000 mg of calcium causing weight loss, it usually takes a long time, about a year.

blood pressure. The way i understand is that increased calcium is not going to lower blood pressure
if blood pressure is already low. People with low pressure usually raise their pressure by

I have been taking eggshell calcium every day (I get about 2 eggshells total every day...can't drink too much milk because of really bad serotonin symptoms). Exactly 20 minutes after consuming 1/2 an eggshell my temperatures skyrocket up to 99 or more even if it's in the evening (and especially after eating). I have also noticed a severe improvement in my skin quality.

How many grams of calcium in two eggshells? Are you taking two dose of egg shell powder
or powder of two egg shells everyday? That is probably a lot of calcium.
Only time i had my PTH at 12 when i was doing a lot of egg shell powder.
Calcium stimulates uncoupling protein and it does raise temperature.
Immediate increase of temperature ,I have noticed that from calcium hydroxide added
to juice not from milk. I think it takes a lot of calcium at once to raise temperature.
I try to limit my calcium intake within 2500 mg, govt upper limit.
I have lost about 22 lbs starting peat and i believe it is in large part due to
regular calcium intake. Suppression of PTH also improves allergy.

natedawggh

Mittir said:
natedawggh said:
Mittir said:

How many grams of calcium in two eggshells? Are you taking two dose of egg shell powder
Immediate increase of temperature ,I have noticed that from calcium hydroxide added
to juice not from milk. I think it takes a lot of calcium at once to raise temperature.

I wish I'd known about PTH an allergy a year ago!
two whole eggshells. Since I'm not really drinking milk (I take casein powder to avoid the tryptophan. I really can't take milk, or chicken because the tryptophan just bloats me like crazy and makes me sluggish). I've researched that there is between 700-800mg of calcium in one eggshell, so even if one has 900 I'm still barely getting 2g a day. Before I did this I was probably only getting 800 mg a day and the increase has been very beneficial. I also make sure to take magnesium and vitamin D if I don't have sun exposure, as well as a small amount of sodium bicarbonate to help in the calcium metabolism.

Mittir

natedawggh said:
Mittir said:
natedawggh said:
Mittir said:

two whole eggshells. Since I'm not really drinking milk (I take casein powder to avoid the tryptophan. I really can't take milk, or chicken because the tryptophan just bloats me like crazy and makes me sluggish). I've researched that there is between 700-800mg of calcium in one eggshell, so even if one has 900 I'm still barely getting 2g a day. Before I did this I was probably only getting 800 mg a day and the increase has been very beneficial. I also make sure to take magnesium and vitamin D if I don't have sun exposure, as well as a small amount of sodium bicarbonate to help in the calcium metabolism.

I think there is probably a mistake in that calculation of 700-800 mg in one egg shell.
Egg shell is almost all calcium carbonate and 40 percent of that is calcium.
Egg shell is usually 10 percent of total egg weight, for a medium egg about 50 grams
egg shell is about 5 grams and 40 percent of that is 2 grams. If you are taking
two egg shell a day that is 4 grams of calcium. I remember reading report of
hypercalcemia with 7 grams of calcium intake.

When i was doing egg shell my intake was about 3 grams calcium.
Now i try to get at least 2 grams daily and up to 2.5 grams.
I have noticed my allergy get worse if i lowered calcium intake just for a day
and i gain 7 lbs within 2-3 weeks of low calcium intake.

natedawggh

Mittir said:
natedawggh said:
Mittir said:
natedawggh said:
Mittir said:

I think there is probably a mistake in that calculation of 700-800 mg in one egg shell.
Egg shell is almost all calcium carbonate and 40 percent of that is calcium.
Egg shell is usually 10 percent of total egg weight, for a medium egg about 50 grams
egg shell is about 5 grams and 40 percent of that is 2 grams. If you are taking
two egg shell a day that is 4 grams of calcium. I remember reading report of
hypercalcemia with 7 grams of calcium intake.

When i was doing egg shell my intake was about 3 grams calcium.
Now i try to get at least 2 grams daily and up to 2.5 grams.
I have noticed my allergy get worse if i lowered calcium intake just for a day
and i gain 7 lbs within 2-3 weeks of low calcium intake.

Oh thanks thats good to know. I think I had a slight hypercalcaemia when I started (increased intake gradually but still had some slight shaking) but something has definitely shifted and I have a better metabolism/mood and no feelings of hypercalcaemia, and very stable temperatures which I never had before. Peat mentioned the Massai having around 5g a day, so 4 or less sounds good to me...I will make sure not to do more than 2 shells a day.

Mittir

natedawggh said:
Oh thanks thats good to know. I think I had a slight hypercalcaemia when I started (increased intake gradually but still had some slight shaking) but something has definitely shifted and I have a better metabolism/mood and no feelings of hypercalcaemia, and very stable temperatures which I never had before. Peat mentioned the Massai having around 5g a day, so 4 or less sounds good to me...I will make sure not to do more than 2 shells a day.

PTH inhibits glucose metabolism, lowering PTH improves metabolism and RP thinks that is
probably the reason calcium increases metabolism. I think calcium absorption rate
from milk is different than supplements. I do not get the quick benefit of using calcium
hydroxide in juice when i get most of the calcium from milk. I think large amount of
phosphorus in milk alters the way PTH is suppressed in given amount of calcium.
I have doubt if 5 grams of calcium from milk has the same benefit or harm
as 5 grams of calcium from egg shell. Increasing vitamin D level also increase
calcium absorption and can promote hypercalcemia. I think it is safer to measure
PTH and blood calcium and find the calcium dose that gives the desired PTH.

tara

I've noticed that egg shells vary a great deal in thickness and weight. I would expect some eggshells to be 3 times as heavy as others.

yoshiesque

Danny Roddy once stated that he aims for 5-7g of calcium, and he showed RPs reference to this too. I dont remember where I read it from. Any one know anything about this and why he would recommend such a high amount?

YuraCZ

yoshiesque said:
Danny Roddy once stated that he aims for 5-7g of calcium, and he showed RPs reference to this too. I dont remember where I read it from. Any one know anything about this and why he would recommend such a high amount?

Great recipe for disaster. If you can't utilize fat soluble vitamins properly.. :!:

Nicholas

how long do yall boil the greens/what kinds of greens? for calcium/k, etc.?

pboy

looks like hes trying to do voodoo or something with his hands

ive realized now, well a while back, any video with someone in a suit with like hands motioning like that, has no clue what they're talking about, and is trying to program people with the end goal to sell a product. Especially when they do the eyes wide open wrinkled forehead stuff too

theres millions of them, and none have any value

Sapien

No civilization except the masai tribe has ever consumed that much calcium and their life expectancy is 45 years old for women and 42 for men, which of course can't be only explained by their calcium intake but makes a case that very high calcium intake isn't a life extender or essential,
Um no I don’t think you can make that case. Their low lifespan is probably due to the abundance of iron in their diets due to them drinking blood for religious reasons.

cjm

Lol I use the RPF as a search engine and stumble across dead threads sometimes.

Ditto. I was looking for signs of safety at an intake of 7 grams of calcium.

[The Maasai] low lifespan is probably due to the abundance of iron in their diets due to them drinking blood for religious reasons.

Just to be clear, the low lifespan is problematic because the Maasai are a living study of high calcium intake, but this is the best explanation for it being low with the calcium being so high that I've heard.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals