How Do You Get Any Result From Anything?

OP
H

hei

Why are you eating canned fruits? Fresh is much better.
I don't really like them.
Also, for a disc injury, the worse thing you can do is be sedentary and stop exercising.
Probably true, but exercise caused the injury, exercising anyway made it worse than it was to start with, and doing the wrong exercise a few months after the pain seemed to have gone made it return for two months. So there is a catch 22, with respect to the need to continue to exercise just to prevent muscle loss.

Besides that, my body is riddled with other injuries all caused by trying to exercise with a poor-quality body: I also have a shoulder injured at the front, same shoulder injured at the back, neck pain, persistent back ache from having a collapsed vertebra (injured disc was in about the same place), left hip hurts when I walk, sometimes my right hip also hurts when I walk, bad knee, arthritic toes, etc. This is what I meant by my body being unable to withstand exercise. I guess fit people can't understand, but realistically it's just hopeless

Last edited:

gately

I suppose it just never really appealed. I would have to avoid delicious foods like milk and yoghurt, and whereas restricting carbs would seem to necessitate eating more fat, I often find that very fatty meals give me a degree of indigestion.
If you edged slowly into low carb, your ability to digest fat might improve. That was one of the hallmarks of Lutz’ work: that in contrast to guys like Atkins, Lutz was adamant that people slowly transition to lower and lower carb. He believed overnight transitions to 72 grams or lower was difficult on the body, and thus potentially dangerous.

But honestly the fact that you have fat digestion issues might be indicative of what’s behind all your issues, and thus might warrant some experimentation with the aim of resolving it.

Beyond giving low carb an honest shot, the first thought I have is Pancreatin and/or Ox Bile with meals.

Whichway?

I finally received a letter informing me that the federal government has protected the country from my attempted importation of very dangerous and risky unapproved pregnenolone capsules. All I have to do to receive them is produce a prescription.
View attachment 19459
Unfortunately there are no (zero (0)) approved pregnenolone products in the country (ref: Search the TGA website) so it can't be prescribed. The doctor would have to apply to the government for permission to prescribe it under some other schemes intended for terminally ill people. So you actually just can't get it (almost like that's the intention).

I looked into this again and, as you might expect, T3 is an "authority required" drug for which a prescription can only be written with prior permission from the government based on restrictive criteria. So, again, pointless to even try.
Reference: https://www.pbs.gov.au/medicine/item/2318B. View attachment 19458

I meant to ask what is the significance of 72 grams of carbs? It's not a number I have seen anywhere else.

The cynomel actually turned up but I don't really feel any different after two weeks even though my pulse is up to a peat-approved rate. Maybe with time it will improve.

I don't feel very hopeful of being able to get more now that I'm undoubtedly on "the list". The tracking history for the pregnenolone indicates that it was seized at a domestic airport a week after passing through customs at the port of entry, so probably not even domestic sources are safe.

JFL at "overcoming learned helplessness" when it's reinforced to this extent.

Australia is not interested in having healthy citizens. We don’t have access to real health promoting agents like Pregnenolone.

Also our supplements are s**t. If you look at Blackmores et al they are manufactured well, but the ingredients are all the lowest quality bioavailability and potency. e.g. not activated B vitamins and poor mineral forms.

OP
H

hei

Back to feeling pins and needles in my back most of the time. Any kind of walking, sitting, bending, reaching, exercise, etc, aggravates it. Idk what I can even do at this point.

LucyL

Back to feeling pins and needles in my back most of the time. Any kind of walking, sitting, bending, reaching, exercise, etc, aggravates it. Idk what I can even do at this point.
Do you have a good chiropractor you can work with?

Recoen

How’s your B12? Serum and MMA?

Vileplume

When you attempted to cut calories where you cutting protein? Even before finding Peat's work, I always found it really simple to lose body fat by restricting carbs and fats, and keeping protein the same. I was more geared toward a fat burner back then, so I really focused on cutting the majority from carbohydrates. But putting a Peat perspective on it, it's probably best to focus on cutting mostly from fat, and still eat enough carbs so you can assimilate your protein. Carbohydrate is more thermogenic than fat anyways, so this should work out nicely for specifically targeting fat loss, while preserving as much muscle as possible while being in a deficit.

If nothing has worked for you then I would target the gut as being the possible problem. Because I personally found the anti-stress effects of sugar to be minimal and temporary until I correct my bacteria overgrowth. When I corrected this sugar had a much more profound anti-stress action for me. Best thing for me has been intermittent fasting, essentially starving the bacteria off. But this can be a more hardcore method, as it will temporarily suspend glucose metabolism for fatty acid oxidation. A more gentle route would be eliminating stuff like legumes and grains, and increasing the amount of germicidal fibers like raw carrots and cooked mushrooms. Cascara can also speed up transit, thus reducing food for the bacteria. Emodin (naturally found in cascara) also has the same effect. TLR4 suppressors like vitamin B2 can help too.

"The gut makes 95% of serotonin, which is the main promoter of stress hormones, inflammation, pain, and anxiety." - Ray Peat

Antibiotics could work for this too, no?

Jessie

Antibiotics could work for this too, no?
Absolutely, something like low dose penicillin or doxycycline would work really well. Might be worth trying charcoal + coconut oil before resorting to antibiotics. More accessible and less drastic.

My views on protein has kind of changed though. If your liver isn't compromised then keeping protein consistent during caloric restriction is still the fastest way to lose weight, simply because it's more thermogenic. However I'm finding here recently a slight restriction in protein (not as much as fat, but still a little restriction) can really help out a lot.

I think it has to do with less wastage via gluconeogenesis. If you're in a state of stress cortisol and gluconeogenesis exist is a repetitive circle. Meaning if your stress (cortisol) is elevated then your protein wastage is also elevated.

OP
H

hei

Sorry that you're having a similar problem. I think I'm at the same point with respect to trying more things. I ordered some cynomel, if that doesn't help (assuming it ever gets here) then there's nothing left to try so the wild goose chase might as well stop. Don't see any point to bothering with doctors anymore unless it's something urgent.
Have been thinking about this recently as the last bottle of T3 I was using ran out a while ago and I just didn’t bother opening another. My results from using thyroid for 4.5 months were that I kept gaining fat (waist got up to 95.5cm at a BMI of 24), blood pressure was 140/105, felt a bit out of breath all the time, and while resting in bed could feel my heart seeming to sort of skip or delay about every 6th or 7th beat. Used magnesium, b-vitamins, collagen and didn’t notice anything. I feel a bit better off it just because those symptoms aren’t around. After years going down the rabbithole there finally is nothing left to try. The stuff people post about being able to control their metabolism and what things about their body they can change might as well be fairy tales about an alien species with magic powers.
Anyway, at least my back tingling got better, so I can enjoy my state of sort-of malaise without that.

Vileplume

Have been thinking about this recently as the last bottle of T3 I was using ran out a while ago and I just didn’t bother opening another. My results from using thyroid for 4.5 months were that I kept gaining fat (waist got up to 95.5cm at a BMI of 24), blood pressure was 140/105, felt a bit out of breath all the time, and while resting in bed could feel my heart seeming to sort of skip or delay about every 6th or 7th beat. Used magnesium, b-vitamins, collagen and didn’t notice anything. I feel a bit better off it just because those symptoms aren’t around. After years going down the rabbithole there finally is nothing left to try. The stuff people post about being able to control their metabolism and what things about their body they can change might as well be fairy tales about an alien species with magic powers.
Anyway, at least my back tingling got better, so I can enjoy my state of sort-of malaise without that.
How did you dose the T3? How much, how often? Did you try with a tiny bit of t4 mixed in, to help heart palpitations?

Don’t give up. I mean, what other option is there but to keep trying? What’s the alternative?

OP
H

hei

How did you dose the T3? How much, how often? Did you try with a tiny bit of t4 mixed in, to help heart palpitations?

Don’t give up. I mean, what other option is there but to keep trying? What’s the alternative?
Started with the Wilson protocol for clearing rt3, then 25mcg at about 7am and 7pm.
Don’t know how to get tiny bits of t4 but why not take nothing in that case? My body makes plenty of t4 and rt3 all by itself to keep its metabolism down.
I’m just tired. Why keep trying to get my body to do things it can’t do or doesn’t want?

Vileplume

Started with the Wilson protocol for clearing rt3, then 25mcg at about 7am and 7pm.
Don’t know how to get tiny bits of t4 but why not take nothing in that case? My body makes plenty of t4 and rt3 all by itself to keep its metabolism down.
I’m just tired. Why keep trying to get my body to do things it can’t do or doesn’t want?
Have you tried 1 mcg of T3 every other hour? Something that small?

I think your body ultimately does want a higher metabolism, for some reason it just is unable to get there so far.

OP
H

hei

No
Have you tried 1 mcg of T3 every other hour? Something that small?

I think your body ultimately does want a higher metabolism, for some reason it just is unable to get there so far.
I don’t have anything that small that I could take. Tried 1/4 tablet at a time and just couldn’t feel it.

I think how it is is how it wants to be.

Vileplume

No

I don’t have anything that small that I could take. Tried 1/4 tablet at a time and just couldn’t feel it.

I think how it is is how it wants to be.
You could try Tyronene and dilute it with mct oil (8 drops mct:1 drop tyronene) down to 1 mcg per drop. If you can get thyroid without triggering stress hormones, it could prevent the fat gain and hypertension.

How it is is how it thinks it needs to be, not how it wants to be.

EDIT: maybe not feeling it is a good thing. Enough 2-hour intervals of consistently dosing, while not feeling it, and you might begin to feel it. But feel in it a good way, as a reduction in stress hormones.

Last edited:
OP
H

hei

You could try Tyronene and dilute it with mct oil (8 drops mct:1 drop tyronene) down to 1 mcg per drop. If you can get thyroid without triggering stress hormones, it could prevent the fat gain and hypertension.

How it is is how it thinks it needs to be, not how it wants to be.
I don’t know, don’t have that stuff. Even if I felt like trying it would be 1-2 months away by mail, kinda expensive,
probably won’t work better than anything else.

OP
H

hei

I got overconfident and tried to do the most minimal and low-intensity workout imaginable and it's back, pain as well as pins and needles. This time progesterone isn't helping. So I don't even have a relative good feeling anymore.
Blows my mind that other men can lift hundreds of kilograms and it just just keeps making them stronger and stronger, while working up to 80-something for five reps almost two years ago nuked my back so hard that it doesn't look like I'll be able to safely lift more than a few kilos ever again. Can't even imagine what it's like to have that kind of robustness and strength.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals