How Can I Improve Glycogen Storage?

EIRE24

I'd be happy to eat no starch, but I feel horrific without it, sometimes feel like I'm going to pass out, so not sure how I could manage it, especially for a week. In the gif I think they are drinking ipecac if I remember correctly, nothing to do with gut bacteria ;)
If you feel horrific without it then listen to your body. You obviously handle it well and Ray says there is nothing wrong with starch if it stimulates metabolism and raises temps. Lots of people misunderstand this

EIRE24

I assume you have had no negative effects to the pasta and breads recently?

Peat isn't even that against starches like potatoes. I think I am trying to convince myself about starches to be honest. I feel better with them than without, so surely it is dumb to take them out?

Yes it is. It's all about context dude. If you tolerate starch well and can digest it without problems peat will tell you to eat it.

raypeatclips

If you feel horrific without it then listen to your body. You obviously handle it well and Ray says there is nothing wrong with starch if it stimulates metabolism and raises temps. Lots of people misunderstand this

Yeah this is something I have thought about a lot recently. I am very pro-starch and I believe Peat is pro-starch as well but is more pro-sugar. My issue is whether I do handle it well. Sure, I think I handle starch well, it seems to balance my blood sugar, stools are good (although not due to starch) But I get a nagging question that my health isn't perfect, my hair is still thinning, could do with losing a bit of weight, and have anxiety. I wonder, if I remove starch, would these problems go away?

The past months I've had pasta and breads almost daily and I kind of stopped coconut oil. Low starch I used to take maybe just a teaspoon in the mornings and then a big tablespoon with salt for cravings and also for these kind of crashes (if anxiety got real bad I would just get some starch, but that would pretty much escalate the situation in the following days).

I am just wondering, what were your reasons for avoiding starch, if you got anxiety when you didn't eat starch and only ate it when the anxiety got severe?

EIRE24

Yeah this is something I have thought about a lot recently. I am very pro-starch and I believe Peat is pro-starch as well but is more pro-sugar. My issue is whether I do handle it well. Sure, I think I handle starch well, it seems to balance my blood sugar, stools are good (although not due to starch) But I get a nagging question that my health isn't perfect, my hair is still thinning, could do with losing a bit of weight, and have anxiety. I wonder, if I remove starch, would these problems go away?

I am just wondering, what were your reasons for avoiding starch, if you got anxiety when you didn't eat starch and only ate it when the anxiety got severe?
What is a typical day of food for you and I'll see if I can help?

Because I feel great without it for most of the time. And the starch itself gives me problems like anxiety in the mid term. The benefit is short term only. I don't know why Ray Peat would feel better with lots of fat on his starch but it absolutely devastates me when I do it.

raypeatclips

Because I feel great without it for most of the time. And the starch itself gives me problems like anxiety in the mid term. The benefit is short term only. I don't know why Ray Peat would feel better with lots of fat on his starch but it absolutely devastates me when I do it.

Fair enough. I think his fat and starch comments usually relate to persorption of the starch particles more than anything. I'm still stuck on the "starch question" People like westside PUFAs make good arguments for it, but there are good arguments against it. And in my own personal experience I am not sure either.

EIRE24

And that's perfect for your context. You've perceived, acted and thought. Starch doesn't suit you so best avoid it. People on here who have no problem with starch and start avoiding it makes no sense. Do you get me?

And that's perfect for your context. You've perceived, acted and thought. Starch doesn't suit you so best avoid it. People on here who have no problem with starch and start avoiding it makes no sense. Do you get me?

I think I get you man. If I anywhere told him that he should drop the starch, please go ahead and quote it.

EIRE24

I think I get you man. If I anywhere told him that he should drop the starch, please go ahead and quote it.
No, I apologise. You didn't. You are a brilliant member of this forum and I respect everyone's opinions and I'm glad you agree that context is everything. Sorry for the misunderstanding

theLaw

A serving I mean just like a tablespoon. It fixes it. See

for example.

I had about 10 cups of ice cream over a 24hr period, and it removed nearly all of my starch cravings.

I think that a high-fat diet might be necessary for some at the beginning to keep from having strong stress responses, then low fat can be introduced slowly to get rid of PUFA.

Just my $.02:D

No, I apologise. You didn't. You are a brilliant member of this forum and I respect everyone's opinions and I'm glad you agree that context is everything. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Don't apologize man, I understand your point :ss but full disclosure, I just had a large pizza...

I had about 10 cups of ice cream over a 24hr period, and it removed nearly all of my starch cravings.

I think that a high-fat diet might be necessary for some at the beginning to keep from having strong stress responses, then low fat can be introduced slowly to get rid of PUFA.

Just my $.02:D

I agree but I think the bile acids might be feeding the bacteria just as much as the starches... in fact ice cream gives me gas. But perhaps bile is the most natural food for a harmless flora, more than starch.

EIRE24

Don't apologize man, I understand your point :ss but full disclosure, I just had a large pizza...

I agree but I think the bile acids might be feeding the bacteria just as much as the starches... in fact ice cream gives me gas. But perhaps bile is the most natural food for a harmless flora, more than starch.
What kind of pizza though .

I agree, bile acid is extremely important. You are way more educated than me that's why I respect your evaluation and opinion BUT you are a pizza guy like me ❤️

What kind of pizza though .

I agree, bile acid is extremely important. You are way more educated than me that's why I respect your evaluation and opinion BUT you are a pizza guy like me ❤️

It was just sauce and cheese and the guy is very good for take-away standards, but lately he's been burning them :( must be something going on with the oven.

EIRE24

It was just sauce and cheese and the guy is very good for take-away standards, but lately he's been burning them :( must be something going on with the oven.
My local pizzeria is genuine Italians I've asked about the flour and it's imported from Italy. I usually order a pizza with no cheese with just mushrooms it costs me €6:50 and when I get home I grated Parmesan on it....delicious

My local pizzeria is genuine Italians I've asked about the flour and it's imported from Italy. I usually order a pizza with no cheese with just mushrooms it costs me €6:50 and when I get home I grated Parmesan on it....delicious

Doesn't parmesan taste too strong/salty? :eek: In Italy the traditional flavor you usually find listed that has parmesan also has 3 other cheeses, and optional tomato sauce.

theLaw

ocNZB2w.gif

Cirion

Hi Peata, I don't restrict fat at all any more. The very low fat (20 grams per day or less) was part of my experiment to force my body to burn sugar and take a burden off my liver.

Hi freyasam, This is the non-GMO 100% fructose powder that I used. They are 2 lb. bags with a 3 bag minimum order. I ordered LOTS!

http://www.vitacost.com/tree-of-life-na ... se-32-oz-1

Old post I know, but is it OK that this is corn fructose and not fruit extracted fructose? They claim it's not the same as HFCS. I guess it worked for you though!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals