How I Got Myself To Tolerate Starches Better

Gone Peating

Mainly ground beef, potatoes, coffee with milk and sugar (but I'm going to eliminate it soon) and fruit smoothies. I want to switch to goats milk soon though.
Most people can gain some mass even when dieting, but that depends on how much fat they have and how close they are to their genetic potential.

Yes, I measure my calves, quads, midsection, chest, shoulders and arms to keep an eye on my progress.

I thought I read some concerns about ground beef potentially being full of endotoxin.

You don’t have any concerns about it?

I used to eat ground but switched to skirt steak due to concerns about quality

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I thought I read some concerns about ground beef potentially being full of endotoxin.

You don’t have any concerns about it?

I used to eat ground but switched to skirt steak due to concerns about quality
I buy fresh ground beef and I get no negatives so I'm not concerned.

Raytoo

Can you please give the local stearic acid, you use, I can't find decent ones online, or where else it can be bought?

Rudy45

Actually so many people on this forum avoid meat, because of the fear mongering about phosphate, iron, methionine, etc, and end up eating mostly gelatin, isolated amino acids, protein powders, etc, and end up with terrible health.
I have nothing against milk, I still think milk is awesome, but I just seem to pick up weight if I ingest more than a certain amount. I think over 1L is my cut off point.
Everyone is different though.

And I'll definitely keep you posted :).
It would be a neat experiment if you drank only organic, raw milk for a few weeks, and noted if that made a difference. Of course, I live in CA, and it's easy to get here. Also, many have different results drinking full fat verses skim.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It would be a neat experiment if you drank only organic, raw milk for a few weeks, and noted if that made a difference. Of course, I live in CA, and it's easy to get here. Also, many have different results drinking full fat verses skim.
It seems that my tolerance has gone up. I'm now doing 3L daily without issues. Can probably do more if I want.

PaRa

It seems that my tolerance has gone up. I'm now doing 3L daily without issues. Can probably do more if I want.

Seems that starches/fiber decrease milk tolerance
it forms a constant bulk in gut and milk is harder to digest IME, yogourt/cottage cheese/cheese are still okay tho

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Seems that starches/fiber decrease milk tolerance
it forms a constant bulk in gut and milk is harder to digest IME, yogourt/cottage cheese/cheese are still okay tho
Is definitely possible. I'll keep that in mind.

Amazoniac

Some options:

- White potato
- Apple
- Celery stalk/root
- Milk/cream/butter or it clarified (depending on how much you enjoy walking on your toes)

The potatoes can be steamed, the apples boiled by the end of cooking (to prevent unnecessary acidification of the liquid and leaching of metals in case of metallic pan). This makes it easier to not discard the liquid, instead, the apples can be pureed in it before everything is mashed together. bull**** can be added to the puree so that the final product isn't acidic and an environmental toxin for teeth.
- White/purple sweet potato
- Mature coconut shreds/cream/oil
- Cinnamon/ginger

Coconut pieces might decrease the availability of nutrients or carry them further down the intestines where fermentation of carbs intensifies.
- Rice
- Cucumber
- Bell pepper
- Peppers
- Leeks

- Bean paste
- Mushrooms
- Sweetener

(subtitles available in case you don't speak Spanish)

An adaptation period is expected for anything different.
- What Is "adequate Protein"?
- Psoriasis Solved: Raw Starch Gut Rehab (pics)

In case it doesn't appear for you as well because of blocking apps:

It's counterintuitive, yet sometimes diversifying the troubling sources eases the adversity. A person may be struggling to make a food agreeable and the inclusion of another might provide missing nutrients that help in digesting it better, distribute problematic stuff, competitive effect, make the fiber composition chaotic and the person can benefit from this, and so on.

Walking tends to improve digestion..

..but maintaining a desirable body temperature can't be taxing, or else energy that could've used to improve digestion is being wasted in attempt to defend the ideal temperature. There's a comfortable temperature range where no measures to generate extra heat are required, yet sometimes people don't produce enough heat already in the resting state. Physical activity indeed generates more heat, but if losses are equally high, to sustain a mild 'hyperthermia' would demand an exaggerated production that relies on adequate fuel utilization (if it's impaired, losses in relation to generation are increased), which is why it's preferable to prioritize conservation of what has been produced so that energy can be channeled towards correction instead of becoming a wasteful activity.

Every now and then there's someone complaining of feeling cold after meals, it may lead to aberrant responses or make the person tolerant to the chronic disorder that can't be fixed.
- protective inhibition

The safest measure is to antecipate the temperature drop with clothing. It's the extremities that suffer first and intuitive to address them, yet it wouldn't make sense for the body to overheat the core when it could dissipate through the extremities and warm them up in the process, neglecting the core might turn them into energy sinks. Neck is usually overlooked.

Keeping yourself constantly overheated should force the body to change the lipid composition of tissues towards a profile that's stabler (just like Raj's example of the clothed pigs) and possibly make you capable of mounting a stronger immune response without increasing the damage.

Movement may lead to unsuspected energy losses that can get in the way of obtaining the most out the walk. The weather being colder than body temperature is an environmental parasite because as soon as you stop producing heat, you'll cool down. Then there's breeze that speeds up the renewal of air in contact with the body, cooling it faster. There was a member who complained that the cold weather made physical activity a struggle, treadmills (that don't require electricity) have allowing the control of conditions in their advantage, but legs are still going to be moving.

Extreme example:​

There are other factors in walking that I haven't looked at it in detail, but may influence digestion. Muscle tension should adapt according to the the demand and impact gut function. When someone walks very slowly and relaxed the body appears heavy, perhaps the pace can make a difference.
- Preferred walking speed - Wikipedia
- Effect of gait parameters on energetic cost - Wikipedia
- Transition from walking to running - Wikipedia

Going heavy on common salt is one option in case of upper gut issues. When this would ruin the taste of the meal, bull**** can be consumed 30 min or so before the meal with honey or some water, it's going to yield sodium chloride in the stomach as if you ate it. To avoid sodium-chloride imbalances, magnesium chloride can be applied on skin as needed. It's ultimately getting those two minerals but with control of how much of each is desired and the additional hydrogen craponate. The organic salts are fine when you need them, otherwise forcing the body to go through a convoluted pathway in metabolizing them when they is plentiful, only to yield the same compounds that could've been obtained with ease, isn't justified.

"Microbes typically respond to acid stress by preventing a damaging drop in intracellular pH (pHi) below a threshold level necessary for viability. Broadly, three distinct strategies are used to prevent such a critical drop in pHi (Foster 2004; Krulwich et al., 2011; Lund et al., 2014). First, cells often employ enzyme-catalyzed reactions that consume protons: decarboxylation reactions often serve this purpose since a proton is irreversibly incorporated into the reaction product following the removal of CO2. Examples are the decarboxylation of amino acids, such as glutamate, arginine, or lysine, highlighted in Figure 1. Second, cells can deploy reactions that produce basic compounds to help neutralize the low pH. The production of ammonia from urea or amine-containing amino acids such as arginine or glutamine is commonly used to counteract acidity (Krulwich et al., 2011; Pennacchietti et al., 2018). Third, many microbial cell types eliminate protons from the cells at the expense of ATP consumption."​

Chlorine boosts immunity and at some point its excess is going to be overwhelming, collagen/glycine and taurine are next options to consider. There could be something unique in combining them, both are known for regulating chlorine, but a positive effect may also stem from cooperation in affecting bile composition favorably; when taken separately it may be disturbing.

Too much sodium chloride coupled with physical activity might lead to dehydration, constipation, sepsis and death. Raj's magnesium water is a good idea, there's no need to saturate it in magnesium, it can be weaker to be hydrating without the laxation.

If collagen/glycine and taurine with common salt continue not working, the disinfecting effect may be potentiated with dried herbs.
- List of culinary herbs and spices - Wikipedia

In promoting aggressive immunity, nutrients that gain relevance in inflammation such as magnesium, killcium, zinc, manganese, selenium, pyridoxine, and so on might become limiting.

I would try thiamide in lower doses at a time. Starches should increase its requirement while not being outstanding sources. Some time ago there was a post where some researches were claiming that they observed people needing temporarily 10 times more B-vitamins than what's normal, but I suspect that it can be lowered when people aren't stuffed with vitamins: getting it all at once forces the person to ingest way more than he/she otherwise would to compensate for limitations in processing. Lower amounts passing through the liver consistently might be superior than grams taken transdermally at once.

If zinc insufficiency is induced (because agressive immunity might toast it), it can be tried on empty stomach once for the sake of testing. Absorption when taken plain is high, so a little must suffice and shouldn't lead to antagonism on other minerals or adverse reactions (there are bizarre reports of stomach ache).

In case it continues to not work, I would explore niacin with choline or creatine for energy and repair tissues with fast turnover that may be compromised. There are articles on creatine's role in immunity. Magnesium may be needed here.

It's also possible to ingest mk-7 with the meal and control the response by applying and removing killciol from the skin. It may not be a bad idea to take magnesium sulfate along. Sulfate is important for mucosal integrity, some people consume sulfur in large amounts, but can't use it properly. This ties in with getting taurine directly rather than relying on conversion.
- Molybdenum, Hard To Pronounce, Harder Still To Obtain ('foulate')

I would leave substantial magnesium and killcium supplementation away from starch meals because one tends to promote and the other (as Raj mentioned) suppress microbial action. Both aren't desirable because in the former case it can make a manageable situation unbearable, in the latter case, suppressing fermentation might retard elimination, again: constipation, sepsis and death. In cases of overactivity killcium is probably alright, yet I would favor forms that are balanced (such as killcium phosphate) or not add killcium much beyond unabsorbable pairing ions present in the meal to prevent having it in excess that may end up being disturbing.

Related to what Tarmander and I was discussing, the food can be eaten from copper bowls, it should release it in small amounts and be protective. If it impairs gut motility, it may be attacking microbes that were contributing to movement. If it's harsh, it may be soothed with killcium. This can work for carrots meals too. Not sure how often it's desirable to use it.

• Inflammasome Inflammawesome
  • Acute → A cute (example of use: a cute infarction)
  • Levulose → Fructose → Awbuzze (alcohol without the buzze sugar; archaic Prolactinese) → L'evilose → Hepatrocytose (sugar responsible for hepatic cell atrocity) or Hepastose (hepatic-steatos-ose, also the sugar that makes a pâté out of your liver)
  • Quinone → Quitone
  • Malic → Maulic
  • Tartaric → Torturic
Because some of you have been repeating the mannerisms, I do them aware that I sound like a fool, I wouldn't encourage anyone to do the same. It's not something that I would enjoy having as peculiarity, it's fine if others want to join, except for having to deal with the guilt of imbecilizing people.

Last edited:

Hgreen56

Some people do bad on milk and fruit and are left with little other than starches and meat. However, starches could also produce problems. I'm currently eating a lot of starches plus sugar and adequate protein with fat and I'm leaning out. I'm not sure if this is because I reduced my milk intake significantly. Anyways, starches were giving me some problems like being hungry 3 hours after eating, blurry vision, tiredness and a few other uncomfortable/annoying symptoms...

But here's how I solved the problem:

Stew/soup
Making stew/soup can significantly improve the digestion and absorption of the food, thus reducing gut irritation. It also makes meal prepping super easy. This might sound boring but I make a massive bowl of stew/soup and then divide it in 3-4 meals throughout the day and it works great. Especially for winter time.

Glycine
Endotoxins are always a concern no matter what kind of food you eat, but more so with starches. Glycine is a potent endotoxin receptor (TLR4) antagonist and I add about half a tsp per meal. This really helps me with recovery from workouts, reduces endotoxin symptoms, stabilizes blood sugar, reduces blurry vision, etc. Glycine also significantly lowers the insulinogenic effect of the meal and will help prevent blood sugar rollercoasters.

Sugar
Fructose has an insulin mimetic effect and can actually lower blood sugar levels. The "optimal" dose according to studies is around 10g per meal so I add 2tbsp of sugar per meal. This helps to lower the insulinogenic effect of the meal, it also promotes glucose uptake into cells, increases sugar oxidation significantly and improves glycogen storage.

Saturated fat
I mostly put in ground beef in my soup so I get a fair bit of saturated fat with each meal, but I also add stearic acid. The fats promote bile flow which helps to lower endotoxins, control gut bacteria, and the stearic acid has a nice thermogenic and cortisol lowering effect. Depending on how you respond to fat, fat can also help to stabilize blood sugar from a meal due to slower glucose absorption.

AC + CO + ACV + Cascara
Last but not least, if you really struggle with gut issues from starches, except for experimenting with different kinds of starches to see which you do best with, I would advise experimenting with activated charcoal + coconut oil + vinegar + cascara sagrada. If my gut doesn't feel optimal, that combo definitely sorts me out in no time. This is not to be used long term, but only to help sort out gut issues in the short term. The longest I used it was for 2 weeks twice a day. Nowadays I only use it once a day and once in a blue moon if I feel I need it.

Edit: I've done a post (9 Ways to speed up glycogen resynthesis post-workout) on speeding up glycogen synthesis after a workout, but it's also applicable for those that just want to increase their glycogen stores regardless if they train or not.
Does adding skim milk with starch lowers the insulinogenic effect or makes it worse?

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does adding skim milk with starch lowers the insulinogenic effect or makes it worse?
Fat can help to blunt the insulin response but it usually prolongs it. A spike for about 30 min isn't bad, but for a couple hours it is less optimal.
Diabetics have hyperinsulinemia so you want insulin to be released to do its job.
But excess cortisol and free fatty acids increase insulin requirements and can lead to hyperinsulinemia.

accelerator

Some people do bad on milk and fruit and are left with little other than starches and meat. However, starches could also produce problems. I'm currently eating a lot of starches plus sugar and adequate protein with fat and I'm leaning out. I'm not sure if this is because I reduced my milk intake significantly. Anyways, starches were giving me some problems like being hungry 3 hours after eating, blurry vision, tiredness and a few other uncomfortable/annoying symptoms...

But here's how I solved the problem:

Stew/soup
Making stew/soup can significantly improve the digestion and absorption of the food, thus reducing gut irritation. It also makes meal prepping super easy. This might sound boring but I make a massive bowl of stew/soup and then divide it in 3-4 meals throughout the day and it works great. Especially for winter time.

Glycine
Endotoxins are always a concern no matter what kind of food you eat, but more so with starches. Glycine is a potent endotoxin receptor (TLR4) antagonist and I add about half a tsp per meal. This really helps me with recovery from workouts, reduces endotoxin symptoms, stabilizes blood sugar, reduces blurry vision, etc. Glycine also significantly lowers the insulinogenic effect of the meal and will help prevent blood sugar rollercoasters.

Sugar
Fructose has an insulin mimetic effect and can actually lower blood sugar levels. The "optimal" dose according to studies is around 10g per meal so I add 2tbsp of sugar per meal. This helps to lower the insulinogenic effect of the meal, it also promotes glucose uptake into cells, increases sugar oxidation significantly and improves glycogen storage.

Saturated fat
I mostly put in ground beef in my soup so I get a fair bit of saturated fat with each meal, but I also add stearic acid. The fats promote bile flow which helps to lower endotoxins, control gut bacteria, and the stearic acid has a nice thermogenic and cortisol lowering effect. Depending on how you respond to fat, fat can also help to stabilize blood sugar from a meal due to slower glucose absorption.
What's your stew recipe?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals