I don't know what to eat anymore

Morten

Forum Supporter
I didn't say that. Orally taken DAO enzymes work for both: histamine brought and liberated. 1 000 000 units at least, at each meal, 5 - 10 minutes before meal.
And you need to care for what you eat (moderation).
It supposes you have microflora under control.
What about anti histamin drug, like for examble cyproheptadine?
Is there "heavy" sideeffect associated with it?

LucH

What about anti histamin drug, like for examble cyproheptadine?
Is there "heavy" sideeffect associated with it?
I haven't tried it and don't know much about cypro.
Read Haidut's post. If you try, begin with 0.5 mg to limit side effects.

Morten

Forum Supporter
I haven't tried it and don't know much about cypro.
Read Haidut's post. If you try, begin with 0.5 mg to limit side effects.
Thanks I will check it out 👍

Lizb

Properly cant give you any golden advice, but sounds like where I were a few years ago, but still fighting with some insomnia. But regarding starch I do eat quite a bit of white rice now, and the best way to cook them(for me), is this way: Soak them for 24 hours, and shifting the water severel times to get the unclear water away. So I shift 3-4 times(removes arsenic). Then start cooking, and when is it boiling, I immediatly turn off the heat. After a few minutes I shift the water for the last times, and add new water to finish them up. They fell very easily disgestible, and I can tolerate a lot. Normally I add quite a bit of coconutoil, Ghee or butter during the last cooking, so the rice will soak in some saturated fats as well. Sorry for your unpleasant journey, best wishes for you.
Is there arsenic in white rice? I thought it was only on brown rice.

LucH

Is there arsenic in white rice? I thought it was only on brown rice.
Yes, most of the time.
Arsenic in rice type
  • Brown rice contains higher amounts of arsenic than white rice. If you eat large amounts of rice, the white variety may be a better choice (12, 49, 50).
  • Choose aromatic rice, such as basmati or jasmine (51).
  • Choose rice from the Himalayan region, including North India, North Pakistan and Nepal (7).
If possible, avoid rice that is grown during the dry season. The use of arsenic-contaminated water is more common during that time
Not all rice contains high arsenic levels, but determining the arsenic content of a particular rice product may be difficult (or impossible) without actually measuring it in a lab.
But keep in mind that all types of rice take up / absorb arsenic from the soil.
So, it would be highly advised to vary your sources of carbs.

Which rice has the lowest arsenic?
Basmati and Jasmin rices have lower levels of arsenic says consumer report

*) How to protect the body from Heavy Metals
We have to occupy the place in the presence of heavy metals
Heavy metals & antagonistic trace elements:
Cadmium --> Zinc
Lead --> Calcium, Molybdenum, Sulfur
Aluminum --> Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Fluorine
Mercury --> Sulfur + Selenium
Arsenic --> Selenium
Fluorine, chlorine --> I (+ Se) (for thyroid).

Morten

Forum Supporter
OP

3slackC

I didn't say that. Orally taken DAO enzymes work for both: histamine brought and liberated. 1 000 000 units at least, at each meal, 5 - 10 minutes before meal.
And you need to care for what you eat (moderation).
It supposes you have microflora under control.
Apparently not in my case. Though my microflora is most definitely not under control, just managed. If I were to eat normally again, the excessive flatulence would immediately come back.

LucH

Though my microflora is most definitely not under control, just managed. If I were to eat normally again, the excessive flatulence would immediately come back.
And what about total control on fuel. No food without toxins to weaken and prevent from overgrowing.
I did so. Only liquid (water) with EO and useful nutrients. Every 3 hours +/.
A plan is required.
Need to go to faeces twice a day. => MMC must be under control. I used a prokinetics for 2 months.
I Had problems with histamine and flatulences.

OP

3slackC

And what about total control on fuel. No food without toxins to weaken and prevent from overgrowing.
I did so. Only liquid (water) with EO and useful nutrients. Every 3 hours +/.
A plan is required.
Need to go to faeces twice a day. => MMC must be under control. I used a prokinetics for 2 months.
I Had problems with histamine and flatulences.
I don't really know whats happening, but adhering to the low-histamine and easy-to-digest diet, I feel extremely warm (body temperature hit 38°C in the afternoon), energized (so much that I need to go to bed much later), feces are evacuated easily 2-3 times a day, libido is extremely high and I'm losing weight on the scale. I read that histamine and gut inflammation can block T4->T3 conversion, so perhaps my T3 came up again? Anyways, right now I'm feeling stellar, almost like I'm in a constant dopamine high. I hope my usual low-normal doesn't return as it always did in the past.

Last edited:

LucH

I hope my usual low-normal doesn't return as it always did in the past.
The news are good. If you manage MMC and microbiome well, give useful element to thyroid (I Se Mg) and balance electrolytes (need for 30 gr fibers from vegetables), you'll probably be fine. In case of excess, you know what to do.
Keep in mind there is a relation between brain and stomach. Not too high with anxiety and nervous levels required.

Morten

Forum Supporter
The news are good. If you manage MMC and microbiome well, give useful element to thyroid (I Se Mg) and balance electrolytes (need for 30 gr fibers from vegetables), you'll probably be fine. In case of excess, you know what to do.
Keep in mind there is a relation between brain and stomach. Not too high with anxiety and nervous levels required.
MMC, what is that?

LucH

MMC, what is that?
When stools are insufficiently evacuated, there is flatulence and afterwards overgrowth. We have to care for MMC to facilitate the way out.
Info:
The migrating motor complex (CMM or MMC in English) is an electrical and contractile activity of digestive motility which takes place in the inter-digestive periods (between two meals), and interrupted by food intake. Each MMC is accompanied by an increase in gastric, pancreatic and duodenal secretions. They are thought to serve to evacuate contents in the small intestine between meals, and also to transport bacteria from the small intestine into the colon. An alteration of this phase notably favors the development of chronic bacterial colonization of the small intestine, a source in particular of bloating, diarrhea, or even steatorrhea, of the majority of food intolerances. When contractile activity is low, we then speak of lazy intestines. Support and rehabilitation is often necessary, with a prokinetic (Resolor 0.5 mg), initially.

Morten

Forum Supporter
When stools are insufficiently evacuated, there is flatulence and afterwards overgrowth. We have to care for MMC to facilitate the way out.
Info:
The migrating motor complex (CMM or MMC in English) is an electrical and contractile activity of digestive motility which takes place in the inter-digestive periods (between two meals), and interrupted by food intake. Each MMC is accompanied by an increase in gastric, pancreatic and duodenal secretions. They are thought to serve to evacuate contents in the small intestine between meals, and also to transport bacteria from the small intestine into the colon. An alteration of this phase notably favors the development of chronic bacterial colonization of the small intestine, a source in particular of bloating, diarrhea, or even steatorrhea, of the majority of food intolerances. When contractile activity is low, we then speak of lazy intestines. Support and rehabilitation is often necessary, with a prokinetic (Resolor 0.5 mg), initially.
Thanks for that explanation 👍

tasfarelel

All intolerances and digestive issues that you described suggest a problem with liver health.

Therefore, I would recommend to tackle your problem from this perspective = don't focus on restricting nutrition, but focus instead on ways to heal your liver. The forum is full of recommendations on how to solve liver issues. Else as an example of how to eat for liver health: watch on YouTube @FrankTufano, as ex carnivore influencer who is trying to deal with liver issues and follows a diet relatively close to the ray peat style.

Morten

Forum Supporter
All intolerances and digestive issues that you described suggest a problem with liver health.

Therefore, I would recommend to tackle your problem from this perspective = don't focus on restricting nutrition, but focus instead on ways to heal your liver. The forum is full of recommendations on how to solve liver issues. Else as an example of how to eat for liver health: watch on YouTube @FrankTufano, as ex carnivore influencer who is trying to deal with liver issues and follows a diet relatively close to the ray peat style.
😊😊

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals