How Can I Improve Glycogen Storage?

raypeatclips

I think you're used to the density of sugar so fruit and milk don't give you enough energy in the timeframe you're used to. The starches you mentioned are much quicker in my opinion and also have a sedating effect almost like a hypnotic pleasure.

Yeah I see what you mean about the sedating effect, but I feel it is a reduction in stress hormones, reduction in anxiety. Any idea how to improve this issue, work on the liver?

Yeah I see what you mean about the sedating effect, but I feel it is a reduction in stress hormones, reduction in anxiety. Any idea how to improve this issue, work on the liver?

You want to quit the starch?

raypeatclips

You want to quit the starch?

I'm not sure, I've been asking myself the same question recently. I don't think its normal to feel like you're going to going to have a panic attack unless I get some starch. I wondered if I had poor glycogen storage and the glucose from starch is better for me compared to fruit. I've been trying grape juice recently which is a bit more calorific than OJ, 16g sugar/100ml and I still get the same issues, alongside a meal with fruit and some milk and cheese, so I'm not sure if its a calorie issue or unbalanced macros. There is practically no salt when I eat the chocolate rice cereal with milk, so it doesn't seem to be salt related.

I get general anxiety on and off and have wondered if it's starch related, if an all sugar diet would benefit me in that way, but I've nothing to really prove that.

I guess the only reason I want to quit the starch because of the negatives that Ray and everyone on here talks about. If someone asked that question on here and has no problem with starch I think that'd be pretty dumb, so I don't think it's best to quit the starch.

I'm not sure, I've been asking myself the same question recently. I don't think its normal to feel like you're going to going to have a panic attack unless I get some starch. I wondered if I had poor glycogen storage and the glucose from starch is better for me compared to fruit. I've been trying grape juice recently which is a bit more calorific than OJ, 16g sugar/100ml and I still get the same issues, alongside a meal with fruit and some milk and cheese, so I'm not sure if its a calorie issue or unbalanced macros. There is practically no salt when I eat the chocolate rice cereal with milk, so it doesn't seem to be salt related.

I get general anxiety on and off and have wondered if it's starch related, if an all sugar diet would benefit me in that way, but I've nothing to really prove that.

I guess the only reason I want to quit the starch because of the negatives that Ray and everyone on here talks about. If someone asked that question on here and has no problem with starch I think that'd be pretty dumb, so I don't think it's best to quit the starch.

Well I've been with starch literally in the hundreds of milligrams a day (according to whatever calorie counters define fiber and starch as) for months with no problem, other times I've had episodes like you describe. However I've found improvement using fats just as much as starch in those cases, so I have no real indication of what the issue is. My guess is that pure sugar is a state of higher performance (this won't be hard to notice) and at the same time one that is easier to mess up.

raypeatclips

Well I've been with starch literally in the hundreds of milligrams a day (according to whatever calorie counters define fiber and starch as) for months with no problem, other times I've had episodes like you describe. However I've found improvement using fats just as much as starch in those cases, so I have no real indication of what the issue is. My guess is that pure sugar is a state of higher performance (this won't be hard to notice) and at the same time one that is easier to mess up.

So you increased your fat in place of starch? I've also found much improvement with eating a decent amount of fat compared to trying to obsessively restrict fat but still have the starch issues.

So you increased your fat in place of starch? I've also found much improvement with eating a decent amount of fat compared to trying to obsessively restrict fat but still have the starch issues.

No I mean a serving of coconut oil fixed it...

theLaw

I'm not sure, I've been asking myself the same question recently. I don't think its normal to feel like you're going to going to have a panic attack unless I get some starch.

Maybe gut bacteria?

You could use a combo of carrot salad + activated charcoal (4T) every other day for a week while refraining from starch. Taurine is also good for adrenaline (what you are describing in this quote).

Also, I just found out that ice cream removed most of my starch cravings on the first day, and I did 4T of activated charcoal last night, and will do the same every other day for the next week to get rid of gut bacteria.

Cheers!:cool:

raypeatclips

Maybe gut bacteria?

You could use a combo of carrot salad + activated charcoal (4T) every other day for a week while refraining from starch. Taurine is also good for adrenaline (what you are describing in this quote).

Also, I just found out that ice cream removed most of my starch cravings on the first day, and I did 4T of activated charcoal last night, and will do the same every other day for the next week to get rid of gut bacteria.

Cheers!:cool:

Hey thanks for the reply. I've been eating raw carrot every day and usually boiled mushrooms every day as well for a while now. Bowel movements have never been better but the "starch issue" still remains.

I tried taurine before, but found it to constipate me. I don't think I was doing the daily carrot and mushrooms however when I tried taurine before, so I think I may give that another go.

I sometimes eat ice cream before bed, as I need a lot of fat before sleep. Sometimes I wake up and need to eat some chocolate rice cereal to be able to fall back to sleep again.

theLaw

Hey thanks for the reply. I've been eating raw carrot every day and usually boiled mushrooms every day as well for a while now. Bowel movements have never been better but the "starch issue" still remains.

I tried taurine before, but found it to constipate me. I don't think I was doing the daily carrot and mushrooms however when I tried taurine before, so I think I may give that another go.

I sometimes eat ice cream before bed, as I need a lot of fat before sleep. Sometimes I wake up and need to eat some chocolate rice cereal to be able to fall back to sleep again.

Well, removing all gut bacteria without any starch to repopulate for a short time (a week) would tell you if that is the issue, so that's what I would try.

Gut bacteria can make or break your health even in the short term...........just consider food poisoning........yikes!!!:eek:

family+guy+barf.gif

raypeatclips

Well, removing all gut bacteria without any starch to repopulate for a short time (a week) would tell you if that is the issue, so that's what I would try.

Gut bacteria can make or break your health even in the short term...........just consider food poisoning........yikes!!!:eek:

I'd be happy to eat no starch, but I feel horrific without it, sometimes feel like I'm going to pass out, so not sure how I could manage it, especially for a week. In the gif I think they are drinking ipecac if I remember correctly, nothing to do with gut bacteria ;)

theLaw

I'd be happy to eat no starch, but I feel horrific without it, sometimes feel like I'm going to pass out, so not sure how I could manage it, especially for a week. In the gif I think they are drinking ipecac if I remember correctly, nothing to do with gut bacteria ;)

Might try high fat (ice cream) for a week along with oj, liver, oysters, etc. If it helps you get off starch, then it would be worth it.

Way too many members here have issues with starch...........something's not right.o_O

raypeatclips

Might try high fat (ice cream) for a week along with oj, liver, oysters, etc. If it helps you get off starch, then it would be worth it.

Way too many members here have issues with starch...........something's not right.o_O

I already do those, although only eat ice cream once a day, can't really take it to work haha.

Are my problems to do with starch, or to do with the absence of starch?

theLaw

Starch can promote unhealthy gut bacteria, so unless you break the cycle by finding a way to remove it, and clean out the gut...........then you might never see an improvement.

It has taken over 10 cups of ice cream to get me to feel normal without any adrenaline or hunger issues (and I had to eat starch daily to feel normal before).

Keep in mind that Ray has mentioned that up to 1/3 of calories from fat can be healthy.:thumbsup:

@Such_Saturation So do you eat the tablespoon per meal, or when the starch cravings hit?

Thanks to @theLaw and you as always Such for answering questions, I'm going to experiment with this.

The past months I've had pasta and breads almost daily and I kind of stopped coconut oil. Low starch I used to take maybe just a teaspoon in the mornings and then a big tablespoon with salt for cravings and also for these kind of crashes (if anxiety got real bad I would just get some starch, but that would pretty much escalate the situation in the following days).

raypeatclips

The past months I've had pasta and breads almost daily and I kind of stopped coconut oil. Low starch I used to take maybe just a teaspoon in the mornings and then a big tablespoon with salt for cravings and also for these kind of crashes (if anxiety got real bad I would just get some starch, but that would pretty much escalate the situation in the following days).

I assume you have had no negative effects to the pasta and breads recently?

Peat isn't even that against starches like potatoes. I think I am trying to convince myself about starches to be honest. I feel better with them than without, so surely it is dumb to take them out?

I assume you have had no negative effects to the pasta and breads recently?

Peat isn't even that against starches like potatoes. I think I am trying to convince myself about starches to be honest. I feel better with them than without, so surely it is dumb to take them out?

Sure man, do what feels better, but for example I ate spaghetti yesterday because I was bored and today I have some kind of sore throat. It's also a matter of how much fat is mixed in with the starch (I'd say you can cut the negatives by about half by not putting any fat on the starch) but again, it's a boredom thing, so I sure as hell won't skimp on the fat.

raypeatclips

Sure man, do what feels better, but for example I ate spaghetti yesterday because I was bored and today I have some kind of sore throat. It's also a matter of how much fat is mixed in with the starch (I'd say you can cut the negatives by about half by not putting any fat on the starch) but again, it's a boredom thing, so I sure as hell won't skimp on the fat.

What are your thoughts on avoiding negatives from the starch? I've always read Peat advocating extra fat when eating starch.