High Pulse Rate And Normal Temperatures - Could I Still Be Hypothyroid?

alywest

Ok so "for truly accurate thyroid results" be fasting, but does that mean skip the existing thyroid dose one day before? More days? Might I want to see test results including the current dose? I only have access to a rural "hospital" so if I have something printed out on paper stating what is wanted and why, the staff can respond. ("regular doctor"@wildernessfrontier=LOL)
It depends on what kind of supplements you're taking. If it's just synthroid aka levothyroxine then a dose lasts about 24 hours, but if it's t3 then that is out of the system within hours. I would just take what you normally take because you want to see how your thyroid is doing with the supplements. If not you are just getting a random measurement that doesn't reflect your normal thyroid intake. But the TSH that they normally do isn't really thorough testing. You'll have to do some research on this website but there are some specific tests that Dr. Peat suggests, and I don't have them in front of me. Good Luck!

alywest

I have read on this forum that elevated temps could be from high cortisol rather than high metabolism. I think RP says this too.
Yeah and you can rule out whether it's cortisol or not if the temperature goes down right after breakfast. If it goes down then cortisol was high, but if the temp increases then metabolism is just increasing throughout the day like it's supposed to.

akgrrrl

Yeah and you can rule out whether it's cortisol or not if the temperature goes down right after breakfast. If it goes down then cortisol was high, but if the temp increases then metabolism is just increasing throughout the day like it's supposed to.

Gosh that is so useful. Thank you very much. I will keep reading reading reading.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals