I want to increase body temp and metabolic rate, any tips? (16 yo)

Risingfire

so now you want be to get banned because I eat too little:) you must be kidding. this forum is not a RP cult, but RP inspired approach to health that includes discussion of diet related issues. I am not going to eat when I am not hungry, just because I am told to. It is kind of like the parents forcing their children to eat. That is plain stupid.
Who said to eat when you're full? There's nothing wrong with eating breakfast. You haven't had food in 10-12 hours and you're metabolism may be slowing down. This is a Ray Peat principle. Intermittent fasting is the exact opposite. Ray has spoken against it many a times.

So, do you get lots of carbs just with mermelaide?
Yes, usually 1-2 jars of mermelaide/jam. Around 400 g of carbs. I prefer black cherry or sour cherry jam that has a liquid consistency, so i can eat it fast.
When I eat jam I also eat a carrot for digestion, without it, I can´t digest well that big amount of carbs.

OP
PeatandPotatoes
Yes, usually 1-2 jars of mermelaide/jam. Around 400 g of carbs. I prefer black cherry or sour cherry jam that has a liquid consistency, so i can eat it fast.
When I eat jam I also eat a carrot for digestion, without it, I can´t digest well that big amount of carbs.
Just curious, what is the reason you have chosen marmalade and jams as your main source of carbs?

mamakitty

I have recently been monitoring body temp, in the morning my temp is usually around 97.4

During the day my temp will go to a maximum of around 98.4 and 92 pulse (usually after a meal)

I seem to be sensitive to the cold as well, hands and feet get cold quickly.If I am outside or in air conditioning for a decent amount of time in the cold my temp goes down to 95 and pulse can go down to 50

I eat about 2500 calories a day splits up usually to 50-55% carbs(350g) mostly from sugar sources mainly fruit, juice milk, white sugar, and occasional starch, 30-35% fat (80-100g) from coconut oil, butter, cheese, milk, occasional chocolate, eggs, and some meat.15-20% protein(90-110g) from dairy,eggs,some meat,gelatin,liver, and oysters

I have been including Peat’s principle now for about 3 months or so

I am thinking about upping calories to around 2,700 and seeing if that helps(I am 5’6,110Lbs ,train with kettlebells about 5 days a week and walk around 15,000 steps on week days and on the weekends up to 35,000 steps)

Any Tips?

Try eating more meat, bro! Have you heard of meat sweats lol

hei

I use red and infrared light in my room. I even sleep with it. I think sleeping in total darkness induces stress. From ancient times we used to sleep with some fire burning around us.

as to eating a lot, good luck with that. you will just get fat. being fat is not healthy.
He's 16 years old and needs to eat to grow, in addition to sustaining normal activities. He's not some middle-aged lardass who needs to starve the fat off his body.
Imagine recommending that a physically active 110lb teenager, who is already complaining about being cold, should calorie and time restrict his eating even more. It's the absolute last thing he needs.

Kris

He's 16 years old and needs to eat to grow, in addition to sustaining normal activities. He's not some middle-aged lardass who needs to starve the fat off his body.
Imagine recommending that a physically active 110lb teenager, who is already complaining about being cold, should calorie and time restrict his eating even more. It's the absolute last thing he needs.
well, i am 60. i am not doing intermittent fasting. for instance I like to eat fruits in the morning. i am physically active. some weight lifting and walking a lot. i am rather muscular, but tend to gain fat if eating too much. i have been avoiding PUFA for many years, by the way. i am on low fat diet, but also not too much protein from cheese, eggs, some meat.

hei

well, i am 60. i am not doing intermittent fasting. for instance I like to eat fruits in the morning. i am physically active. some weight lifting and walking a lot. i am rather muscular, but tend to gain fat if eating too much. i have been avoiding PUFA for many years, by the way. i am on low fat diet, but also not too much protein from cheese, eggs, some meat.
It's common for old people to get fat easily and to get by on not such a lot of food.
Teenagers are in a completely different situation and I don't think they should ever be encouraged to deprive themselves of the nutrients and energy they need for development.

Kris

It's common for old people to get fat easily and to get by on not such a lot of food.
Teenagers are in a completely different situation and I don't think they should ever be encouraged to deprive themselves of the nutrients and energy they need for development.

I don't consider myself old :)

Just curious, what is the reason you have chosen marmalade and jams as your main source of carbs?
It's easy to eat and digest, no cooking time and you can buy it from any store. You can eat it with milk in 5 mins. The downsides are that you get bored of it quickly, but if you don't mind the taste, it's a good time saver. Also, eating a carrot after a jar of jam makes your digestion perfect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals