Hypothyroidism With Normal Values?

Vins7

I always have cold hands and feet, hair loss, low sex drive, I can't tolerate low or high temperatures, dry skins, low weight, I don't sweat, low energy and constipation, constantly bloated and some type of excess mucus in throat and ears. Negativo Lactulose test (sibo). Some hormonal values are more or less good, I can hardly understand the situation:

-Calcium: 10mg/dL. 8.6 - 10.0

-Vitamina D (25-Hidroxi): 27.91ng/mL. 30 - 80

-Cortisol: 20.06 microg/dL. 6.20 - 19.40

-DHEA-S: 103.10 microg/dL. 88.90 - 427.00

-Prolactin: 7.01 ng/ml. 4.04 - 15.2

-Testosterone: 739.50 ng/dL. 330.0 - 805.0

-AndrostendionaDelta4: 2.00ng/mL. 0.6 - 3.7

-SomatomedinaC(IGF-1): 179 ng/mL. 84-323

-TSH: 1.62 microUI/mL. 0.27 - "4.20"

-T4 free: 1.02 ng/dL. 0.90 - 1.70

Red Blood cells: 4.25. 4.50 - 5.90

Hemoglobina: 13.3 g/dL. 14.0 - 17.5

Hematocrito: 30.1. 40.0 - 52.0

The rest of blood values are fine.

A psychiatrist has proposed me to take eutirox due to my symptoms although thyroid values are more ir less in range, but I don't know what to do.

In a gastroscopy is observes a slight flattening of the intestinal villi, my doctor don't think I'm celiac, Negative celiac antibodies and genes are compatible with the disease but very low risk (no dq8, no dq2).

I am not restricting any food, just seed oils, nuts and seeds. I have tried not to eat gluten or traces for a month and I have not noticed any improvement.

Thank you so much to anyone who contributes something.

Kunstruct

High Cortisol has been associated by other before with normal TSH values while having hypothyroid symptoms.
While yours is not ultra high it is high.
T3 test is not present to know how much of the T4 actually gets converted into T3 via liver and gut.

DHEA-S is low, seems your adrenals are not stressed?
But good Total Testosterone, Good Prolactin.

OP
V

Vins7

High Cortisol has been associated by other before with normal TSH values while having hypothyroid symptoms.
While yours is not ultra high it is high.
T3 test is not present to know how much of the T4 actually gets converted into T3 via liver and gut.

DHEA-S is low, seems your adrenals are not stressed?
But good Total Testosterone, Good Prolactin.

Thank you for your answer kunstruct.
I'm going to do a mor complet thyroid test (TSH, free t4, free t3, t3 reverse, antibodies, something more)?
What could be the cause of this high cortisol and low dhea? Mental stress? Or is It more related with something physiological such as disbiosis, candida overgrowth or something like this?
I eat all carbs and junk that I want, I think that if don't do It cortisol would be higher.

T4 is borderline low. TSH is a poor indicator of euthyroid.

High cortisol, low DHEA sulfate, that’s adrenals firing hard.

Low vitamin D, borderline high calcium. Get PTH tested, this is key.

did I misread that hematocrit?

don’t eat “carbs and junk”. That’s causing stress and all kinds of metabolism issues. You’re getting enough sodium and calcium in your diet? Are you overtraining?

Kunstruct

I eat all carbs and junk that I want, I think that if don't do It cortisol would be higher.

I am sure they would be higher sometime during the day especially when stressed, I assume this was morning Cortisol while fasted?

OP
V

Vins7

T4 is borderline low. TSH is a poor indicator of euthyroid.

High cortisol, low DHEA sulfate, that’s adrenals firing hard.

Low vitamin D, borderline high calcium. Get PTH tested, this is key.

did I misread that hematocrit?

don’t eat “carbs and junk”. That’s causing stress and all kinds of metabolism issues. You’re getting enough sodium and calcium in your diet? Are you overtraining?
Thank you for the info and advise
So, I'm going to order PTH, the test Will be really expensive but I Hope It will be a good info.
I thought that eating a lot of sugar and Carbs is good for metabolism and thyroid, I crave It.
I can't tolerate sport now, I get tired quickly. I haven't got energy and I haven't done exercise for a long time.
Currently My weight is 55 kg and my height is 1.77 meters, I have gained 3 kg eating a lot.
I'm 24 year old man.
What type of food ir diet do you think is the appropriate?

Thank you milkbasedvegan.

OP
V

Vins7

I am sure they would be higher sometime during the day especially when stressed, I assume this was morning Cortisol while fasted?
Yes, it's a morning Blood test while I'm fasted.

Thank you for the info and advise
So, I'm going to order PTH, the test Will be really expensive but I Hope It will be a good info.
I thought that eating a lot of sugar and Carbs is good for metabolism and thyroid, I crave It.
I can't tolerate sport now, I get tired quickly. I haven't got energy and I haven't done exercise for a long time.
Currently My weight is 55 kg and my height is 1.77 meters, I have gained 3 kg eating a lot.
I'm 24 year old man.
What type of food ir diet do you think is the appropriate?

Thank you milkbasedvegan.

Fairly confident you’ve got very high dopamine and acetylcholine requirements and pushing carbs ever higher will cause further inability to relax.

you need a lot of fatty meat. Get on the high fat beef, egg yolk, salted butter train. Drop carbs stick to fruit and dark chocolate. Postpone further bloodwork as your diet is the opposite of what you should be eating I’m afraid.

is that hematocrit 30%? correct??

Aries

You have anemia. Testosterone stimulates RBC production yet your values don't match at all so lacking the raw materials sounds likely.

Iron panel is a good idea.

OP
V

Vins7

Fairly confident you’ve got very high dopamine and acetylcholine requirements and pushing carbs ever higher will cause further inability to relax.

you need a lot of fatty meat. Get on the high fat beef, egg yolk, salted butter train. Drop carbs stick to fruit and dark chocolate. Postpone further bloodwork as your diet is the opposite of what you should be eating I’m afraid.

is that hematocrit 30%? correct??
Sorry hematocrit is 39.1%.

I have no motivation or desire to do anything ever and I find it hard to have fun, so you said I do not know if it fits much with the issue of dopamine.

As for increasing fat and animal protein, I never crave it, I am a person of having more cravings for carbohydrates than for fat and I feel that if I increase a lot of fat quickly I lose weight. Digestion is also complicated when I eat more protein and fat...
But maybe I will try this

OP
V

Vins7

You have anemia. Testosterone stimulates RBC production yet your values don't match at all so lacking the raw materials sounds likely.

Iron panel is a good idea.
Sorry Aries, hematocrit is 39.1%, I wrote It wrong.

Craving for carbs is imo a lack of dopamine. Consistent with your lack of motivation. Fruit (OJ) and Red meat will supply sugar and tyrosine, and vitamin C and iron. You might not need that much fat indeed, but tweak it around and find out

OP
V

Vins7

Ferritin: 210.5 ng/mL 30.0 - 400.0

I don't know if it's relevante.

At another time feritin also was around 200.

OP
V

Vins7

Craving for carbs is imo a lack of dopamine. Consistent with your lack of motivation. Fruit (OJ) and Red meat will supply sugar and tyrosine, and vitamin C and iron. You might not need that much fat indeed, but tweak it around and find out
Thank you very much.

Ferritin: 210.5 ng/mL 30.0 - 400.0

I don't know if it's relevante.

At another time feritin also was around 200.
Do you know what your transferrin or AST( liver enzyme) are?

HUF

@Vins7 I know you said your eating lots of carbs, but how much? Let everyone know your daily calories and all foods eaten in a day. 55kg is very lean for 1.77m. Have you been under eating or dieting prior? Lucky for you as you could easily gain 30kg and still be lean. I'd start refeeding, find ways to destress and get lots of fully body sun exposure.
Hope you work it out mate, all the best.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I always have cold hands and feet, hair loss, low sex drive, I can't tolerate low or high temperatures, dry skins, low weight, I don't sweat, low energy and constipation, constantly bloated and some type of excess mucus in throat and ears. Negativo Lactulose test (sibo). Some hormonal values are more or less good, I can hardly understand the situation:

-Calcium: 10mg/dL. 8.6 - 10.0

-Vitamina D (25-Hidroxi): 27.91ng/mL. 30 - 80

-Cortisol: 20.06 microg/dL. 6.20 - 19.40

-DHEA-S: 103.10 microg/dL. 88.90 - 427.00

-Prolactin: 7.01 ng/ml. 4.04 - 15.2

-Testosterone: 739.50 ng/dL. 330.0 - 805.0

-AndrostendionaDelta4: 2.00ng/mL. 0.6 - 3.7

-SomatomedinaC(IGF-1): 179 ng/mL. 84-323

-TSH: 1.62 microUI/mL. 0.27 - "4.20"

-T4 free: 1.02 ng/dL. 0.90 - 1.70

Red Blood cells: 4.25. 4.50 - 5.90

Hemoglobina: 13.3 g/dL. 14.0 - 17.5

Hematocrito: 30.1. 40.0 - 52.0

The rest of blood values are fine.

A psychiatrist has proposed me to take eutirox due to my symptoms although thyroid values are more ir less in range, but I don't know what to do.

In a gastroscopy is observes a slight flattening of the intestinal villi, my doctor don't think I'm celiac, Negative celiac antibodies and genes are compatible with the disease but very low risk (no dq8, no dq2).

I am not restricting any food, just seed oils, nuts and seeds. I have tried not to eat gluten or traces for a month and I have not noticed any improvement.

Thank you so much to anyone who contributes something.
Vitamin D is too low, cortisol too high, DHEA-S low (could indicate elevated estrogen) and prolactin low (which could indicate low serotonin or good dopamine. Histamine also mimics the drive and motivation of dopamine so maybe histamine is low).
You didn't measure T3 or rT3, and based on your symptoms, you are low in T3 or have elevated rT3.
RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit are low which can indicate low iron and/or copper. Ferritin has to be looked at together with inflammatory markers such as hsCRP as inflammation increases ferritin. A complete iron panel would be more helpful. Ceruloplasmin helps mobilize the iron to create RBC so maybe you can check that as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom