Hypothyroidism With Normal Values?

OP
V

Vins7

[QUOTE = "HUF, post: 504172, miembro: 9908"] [USER = 11307] @ Vins7 [/ USER] Sé que dijiste que estabas comiendo muchos carbohidratos, pero ¿cuánto? Deje que todos sepan sus calorías diarias y todos los alimentos que se comen en un día. 55 kg es muy delgado para 1,77 m. ¿Has estado comiendo o haciendo dieta anteriormente? Por suerte para ti, ya que fácilmente podrías ganar 30 kg y aún así ser delgado. Comenzaría a realimentar, encontrar maneras de estresarme y obtener mucha exposición al sol.
Espero que lo resuelvas amigo, todo lo mejor. [/ CITA]
Bueno yo
@Vins7 I know you said your eating lots of carbs, but how much? Let everyone know your daily calories and all foods eaten in a day. 55kg is very lean for 1.77m. Have you been under eating or dieting prior? Lucky for you as you could easily gain 30kg and still be lean. I'd start refeeding, find ways to destress and get lots of fully body sun exposure.
Hope you work it out mate, all the best.
I do not count calories or carbohydrates, I am obsessing a little about food, I do not know what feels good and what does not, almost everything feels heavy and difficult to digest.
If I make the 5 daily meals I arrive at the meals with bad digestion or incomplete digestion.
I am not eating everything I would like, many times I am hungry or I would eat more but I do not do it because I know that digestion would be quite complicated.

A day in my diet could be, like breakfast a coffee with milk and sugar and a croissant or some type of pastry with butter, for lunch a plate of broth with rice or noodles and meat of chicken / veal / lamb / pork one piece of fruit and a sugary dairy dessert (custard, flan, cheesecake ...)
For a snack or a fruit juice without pulp or a coffee with milk.
Finally, for dinner, meat of some kind with fried potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and ketchup, eggs and some bread, something like that, and another sugary dessert like the noon one.

I end the day with a super bloated gut, and I feel like liquid inside the gut, there are days that I eat less because of digestion and others, but as a mefia I think I should eat between 1600 and 2200 kcalories.

Hans

Forum Supporter
A day in my diet could be, like breakfast a coffee with milk and sugar and a croissant or some type of pastry with butter, for lunch a plate of broth with rice or noodles and meat of chicken / veal / lamb / pork one piece of fruit and a sugary dairy dessert (custard, flan, cheesecake ...)
For a snack or a fruit juice without pulp or a coffee with milk.
Finally, for dinner, meat of some kind with fried potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and ketchup, eggs and some bread, something like that, and another sugary dessert like the noon one.
Lots of people have issues with grains and dairy and almost all man made baked goodies. Maybe you can experiment with replacing them.

OP
V

Vins7

Lots of people have issues with grains and dairy and almost all man made baked goodies. Maybe you can experiment with replacing them.
I understand grains but, dairy id a basic for Ray Peat right?
If I remove from my diet bread, pasta, cookies and all kind of grains, why food could I replace It?
Thank you I al very new yo the Ray Peat approach.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I understand grains but, dairy id a basic for Ray Peat right?
If I remove from my diet bread, pasta, cookies and all kind of grains, why food could I replace It?
Thank you I al very new yo the Ray Peat approach.
But if it doesn't sit well with you why consume it? It's more harmful to consume an inflammatory healthy food, than not to consume it. For some people, milk's not inflammatory, but for others it is. You'll only know if you'll do better if you cut them out for a while.
Instead of the grains, you can eat more meat, tubers and starches.

OP
V

Vins7

But if it doesn't sit well with you why consume it? It's more harmful to consume an inflammatory healthy food, than not to consume it. For some people, milk's not inflammatory, but for others it is. You'll only know if you'll do better if you cut them out for a while.
Instead of the grains, you can eat more meat, tubers and starches.
Thank you Hans, you're right.
I eat potatoes but what type of starches? I try to limit meat, red meat is a bit difficult to digest for me.

tara

I thought that eating a lot of sugar and Carbs is good for metabolism and thyroid, ...
Balanced with other nutrition.
Currently My weight is 55 kg and my height is 1.77 meters, I have gained 3 kg eating a lot.
This is a BMI of 17.6. Seriously underweight. If you weighed 3kg less recently, that was BMI 16.6. Some of that gain may be edema associated with beginning refeeding (may be inevitable for a while).
I'm not expert, but from what I've gathered from reading Olwyn (ED Institute) and others I suggest eating some nutritious food that supplies minerals, vitamins, protein, good fats along with calories from carbs etc. Maybe some junk too if you need it to eat enough, but not only junk.

If you enter refeeding mode, the body may understand this as time to rest and recover, and require you to rest more than before. Some of the healing processes can make you very tired for a while. Also medical supervision to watch out for the occasional life-threatening consequences of refeeding syndrome in the early phase. Do you have someone around who will notice if you get into serious trouble and need urgent help?

Have you come across the ED Institute?:
Patients and General Public — The Eating Disorder Institute
There's a related thread here:
Recovery From Undereating - Youreatopia
Sorry if this is repetition.

I'd start refeeding, find ways to destress and get lots of fully body sun exposure.
+1
I do not count calories or carbohydrates, I am obsessing a little about food, I do not know what feels good and what does not, almost everything feels heavy and difficult to digest.
A severely depleted (starved) digestive system can be expected to struggle till it rebuilds strength.
With such a low weight, I doubt you can afford to just rely on your feelings to eat enough. I think you may have to eat anyway.

Have you come across the potato protein juice ideas from Peat? Some people apparently find it an easier protein to digest to get their system going when other proteins are difficult. It takes a bit of work, though. If you can eat meat and potatoes, you may not need something like that, though.
but as a mefia I think I should eat between 1600 and 2200 kcalories.
According to Olwyn's recovery method, daily minimums needed would be well above that - what men normally eat - 3000 or 3500 cals depending on age. I doubt 2200 cals can maintain a healthy 177cm man, let alone recover a starving one.

I'd not suggest removing grains until you have something to more than replace those calories.
If potatoes agree with you, that's great. Mashed potatoes can hold a good amount of butter or cream, too.
Can you add more cream and butter to some of your meals? Do you like chocolate?
Sweet potatoes, taro, yams, ...

Have you checked out cronometer?

lampofred

I think more liver, eggs and protein in general would hit everything. The liver and eggs will raise vitamin D, lower cortisol, increase steroid production, and increase red blood cells/hemoglobin/hematocrit. Sunlight would probably also help.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you Hans, you're right.
I eat potatoes but what type of starches? I try to limit meat, red meat is a bit difficult to digest for me.
Other starches include pumpkin, squash, sweet potato, other tubers and root vegetables and so on. Just as long as you digest them well. Have you found a difference in your ability to digest red meat based on their fat content? Some people digest lean meat better whereas others do better on fatty meat. Eating organ meat (kidney, liver, spleen, heart, etc.) daily will be the fastest way you'll be able to replenish vitamins and minerals.
Have you tried digestive enzymes, such as betaine HCL and pepsin or stomach acid secretion promotors such as gentian.

gaze

@Vins7 did you ever end up checking your PTH? also, are you from spain? your diet sounds like a very typical spanish diet that my friends eat over there. flat intestinal villi is one of the clearest signs of celiac, despite what your doctor may say. all gluten may be a risk for you. with flat intestinal villi, no matter how many calories you eat it won't mean anything because you are not absorbing nutrients

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom