I want to increase body temp and metabolic rate, any tips? (16 yo)

I have recently been monitoring body temp, in the morning my temp is usually around 97.4

During the day my temp will go to a maximum of around 98.4 and 92 pulse (usually after a meal)

I seem to be sensitive to the cold as well, hands and feet get cold quickly.If I am outside or in air conditioning for a decent amount of time in the cold my temp goes down to 95 and pulse can go down to 50

I eat about 2500 calories a day splits up usually to 50-55% carbs(350g) mostly from sugar sources mainly fruit, juice milk, white sugar, and occasional starch, 30-35% fat (80-100g) from coconut oil, butter, cheese, milk, occasional chocolate, eggs, and some meat.15-20% protein(90-110g) from dairy,eggs,some meat,gelatin,liver, and oysters

I have been including Peat’s principle now for about 3 months or so

I am thinking about upping calories to around 2,700 and seeing if that helps(I am 5’6,110Lbs ,train with kettlebells about 5 days a week and walk around 15,000 steps on week days and on the weekends up to 35,000 steps)

Any Tips?

OccamzRazer

I have recently been monitoring body temp, in the morning my temp is usually around 97.4

During the day my temp will go to a maximum of around 98.4 and 92 pulse (usually after a meal)

I seem to be sensitive to the cold as well, hands and feet get cold quickly.If I am outside or in air conditioning for a decent amount of time in the cold my temp goes down to 95 and pulse can go down to 50

I eat about 2500 calories a day splits up usually to 50-55% carbs(350g) mostly from sugar sources mainly fruit, juice milk, white sugar, and occasional starch, 30-35% fat (80-100g) from coconut oil, butter, cheese, milk, occasional chocolate, eggs, and some meat.15-20% protein(90-110g) from dairy,eggs,some meat,gelatin,liver, and oysters

I have been including Peat’s principle now for about 3 months or so

I am thinking about upping calories to around 2,700 and seeing if that helps(I am 5’6,110Lbs ,train with kettlebells about 5 days a week and walk around 15,000 steps on week days and on the weekends up to 35,000 steps)

Any Tips?
Eat more food.

Try some tallow/suet as a cooking fat if you can find it.

Also consider taking just a little bit of NDT.

But mostly, eat up. :)

baccheion

1.5 ounces per pound 1% milk if not allergic. Assumes 16% body fat. 6+ cups at a time. Add salt if needed. And something for iron (eg, floravital).

Gym every other day for 20-30 minutes (HIIT or lifting).

hei

Literally not eating enough. Compare 2500kcal with how much food the government of Totalitaria thinks boys should be eating. Years ago I found a similar document for the Netherlands but I can't seem to locate it again.

I have taken the liberty of copying it to an Excel file and converting the units. I haven't accounted for the 15-35k steps per day.

1638316311501.png

JamesGatz

Some good lighting will take you very far - try to get some incandescent lighting - you can order from a hardware store its not so expensive maybe $12 for a good bulb and another $15 for a lamp holder that tolerates higher wattage - it's definitely worth it will shoot up your temps very well and is great to have in the winter especially

OP
PeatandPotatoes
Literally not eating enough. Compare 2500kcal with how much food the government of Totalitaria thinks boys should be eating. Years ago I found a similar document for the Netherlands but I can't seem to locate it again.

I have taken the liberty of copying it to an Excel file and converting the units. I haven't accounted for the 15-35k steps per day.

View attachment 30841
Interesting,thanks for sharing, will be increasing calories

cupofcoffee

A cup of coffee with milk and collagen goes a long way
I'd avoid caffeine during puberty because of its potential to delay sleep and mess with Its quality in general.

I love caffeine and i get no stress reaction from it but It consistently makes me wanna sleep later in the night, which Is not optimal.

Rosiemax14

Can you share the light therapy that you use
Brand of lamp and which bulb to buy
Greatly appreciated

Kris

I use red and infrared light in my room. I even sleep with it. I think sleeping in total darkness induces stress. From ancient times we used to sleep with some fire burning around us.

as to eating a lot, good luck with that. you will just get fat. being fat is not healthy.

K

Kayaker

I use red and infrared light in my room. I even sleep with it. I think sleeping in total darkness induces stress. From ancient times we used to sleep with some fire burning around us.

as to eating a lot, good luck with that. you will just get fat. being fat is not healthy.
Sleeping in total darkness isn't pleasant. Eating a lot of good food is.

JamesGatz

Can you share the light therapy that you use
Brand of lamp and which bulb to buy
Greatly appreciated
Thats the bulb I use:

And I use a lamp holder from petco but this one should be fine as well:

JamesGatz

Same I completely agree - sleeping in total darkness is very serotonergic for me - my sleep quality is light years better when I leave an incandescent bulb in my room on

OccamzRazer

Why do you say this? Lots of people eat a lot without getting fat.

IMO being able to eat a lot without getting fat is a marker of good health.

Kris

Why do you say this? Lots of people eat a lot without getting fat.

IMO being able to eat a lot without getting fat is a marker of good health.

i don't know. but most people who eat too much get fat, including me. RP has a particular consituation, but for most of us, eating all day is unhealthy. most people too much, like pigs. i try to eat just once a day, plus some fruits.

K

Kayaker

i don't know. but most people who eat too much get fat, including me. RP has a particular consituation, but for most of us, eating all day is unhealthy. most people too much, like pigs. i try to eat just once a day, plus some fruits.
Becoming fat will raise body temperature and metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals