Have Ruined My Gallbladder By Low Fat Diet, Now I Can't Get Back To Eating Fat

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Have you ever tried being without dairy? Sucks the life out of me, especially milk, cultured dairy is a little better. Makes it hard for me to even get out of bed, horrible brain fog and stuff.
Not really, I can't imagine getting enough nutrients without dairy. How does your diet look like? Are you getting RDA of all the essential nutrients?

How does your diet look like? Are you getting RDA of all the essential nutrients?
I'm plant-based. Not hardcore crazy vegan, just stopped craving animal foods. I feel awesome and have been eating like this for about a year, other than few social situations when I've eaten animal foods. Tried all sorts of diets, all sorts of ways of "Peating" and never felt awesome. I've found what works for me and I'm really freakin happy about that. :D Nice to not to have to be obsessed all the time about how I should tweak my diet. I think animal foods are survival foods.
I'm not saying this is for everybody.

Anyway, I eat roots & tubers, grains, legumes, veggies, fruits, coffee, tea, spices. Whole grains and legumes soaked (8-12h) and well-cooked. Veggies well-cooked. And I mean cooked to death lol. I find I can make delicious dishes with these. Sometimes I eat some coconut products or chocolate but mostly low-fat. Basicly a normal vegan with certain Peaty principles.

I usually meet the RDA other than B12, D and calcium.
I take a B12 supplement occasionally (although I'm skeptical if this is even necessary). I trust the sun for vitamin D. Calcium doesn't usually go over 500mg, the recommended calcium intake seems pretty unrealistic in my opinion, I'm not worried about it.
Edit: I get a good amount of vitamin K so that probably helps with the lower D and calcium.

Last edited:
I used to have a lot of problems with libido and related stuff too. ED when I was under 20 years old and stuff. Not anymore. Horrible digestive issues too and all kinds of stuff. It gets better trust me!

cyclops

Anyway, I eat roots & tubers, grains, legumes, veggies, fruits, coffee, tea, spices. Whole grains and legumes soaked (8-12h) and well-cooked.

Drop the whole grains and legumes and PEAT. How you wanna eat legumes, when you could be eating steak and eggs and milkshakes? Peat did not work an entire lifetime figuring out nutrition for you to do your own thing. Perceive peat's work, Think about peat's work, Act in accordance with peat's work. It doesn't matter how good you feel now your causing stress hormones and hypothyroid, once you peat you cannot go back, it is the way. Please come back home.

Last edited:

CLASH

@JanP
I too have issues with dairy, with the exception of butter. However, I'm not a fan of vegan/ vegetarian diets tho. I personally think animal foods are very important. With that, said I do eat a fair amount of plant foods in the form of fruit, 100% juice and carrots.

mipp

Have you tried adding unsaturated fats (oils)? How do you react to them?

I personally think animal foods are very important.
They've been important for me too no doubt about that. And I think they are for many/most people.
After I got anointed I felt I don't need animal sacrifice anymore. I'll leave it at that.. :beammeup

CLASH

They've been important for me too no doubt about that. And I think they are for many/most people.
After I got anointed I felt I don't need animal sacrifice anymore. I'll leave it at that.. :beammeup

Haha Whatever works man, just sharing my experience/ opinion, no prescriptions on my end.

Last edited:
After a few months of practically fat-free diet, I can't eat more than 10g of fat a day. Even 15g triggers intense nausea, abdominal pain, migraine and food aversion for many hours.

After various failed attempts to heal the liver / gallbladder using nutrients and herbs, I believe I can't heal without eating more fats. But the pain eating fat causes is unbearable.

How to break the vicious cycle and be able to eat fat again?

take comprehensive Multi,supplement things like magnesium under the notion
of possible deficiency,eat clean,Lo-Allergen-Load,replace milk with meat and ripe fruit,

After a few months of practically fat-free diet, I can't eat more than 10g of fat a day. Even 15g triggers intense nausea, abdominal pain, migraine and food aversion for many hours.

After various failed attempts to heal the liver / gallbladder using nutrients and herbs, I believe I can't heal without eating more fats. But the pain eating fat causes is unbearable.

How to break the vicious cycle and be able to eat fat again?

What was your diet exactly?

Barry

Basically fruits, skimmed milk and low fat milk products. I felt horrible overall, lack of libido, no motivation to do things and fatigue were the worst symptoms.
I eat the same diet. Lots of skim milk, sugar, fruit, OJ. I eat about 2400 calories per day. If you are eating less than this, you need to increase your caloric intake. I get around 4g of fat per day. Been at this for a few months, been feeling great. But definitely need more sun. If you lack motivation, I would say consume more sugar.

Barry

Drop the whole grains and legumes and PEAT. How you wanna eat legumes, when you could be eating steak and eggs and milkshakes? Peat did not work an entire lifetime figuring out nutrition for you to do your own thing. Perceive peat's work, Think about peat's work, Act in accordance with peat's work. It doesn't matter how good you feel now your causing stress hormones and hypothyroid, once you peat you cannot go back, it is the way. Please come back home.
Peat generally advises against muscle meat because of the high phosphate content. I have heard him say that other fillers added to "milkshakes" not very damaging. If you are making your own milkshake, then I would say that is a great choice. I make simple syrup, from sugar, and add to milk - pretty close to a milkshake.

Peat generally advises against muscle meat because of the high phosphate content. I have heard him say that other fillers added to "milkshakes" not very damaging. If you are making your own milkshake, then I would say that is a great choice. I make simple syrup, from sugar, and add to milk - pretty close to a milkshake.

But a lot of healthy Human eat a lot of meat,phosphate seems innocent.Eating more Calcium and Gelatine perhaps?

berk

peat also against eating low fat... and you doing it for couple months, I'd be careful if I were you.

Basically fruits, skimmed milk and low fat milk products. I felt horrible overall, lack of libido, no motivation to do things and fatigue were the worst symptoms.
if you feeling crap all the time on a low fat diet, why you have followed it for a year then?

redsun

I eat the same diet. Lots of skim milk, sugar, fruit, OJ. I eat about 2400 calories per day. If you are eating less than this, you need to increase your caloric intake. I get around 4g of fat per day. Been at this for a few months, been feeling great. But definitely need more sun. If you lack motivation, I would say consume more sugar.

Just be wary you may end up with OPs problems.

redsun

May have an iron deficiency problem if you ate basically just dairy and fruit for months explaining lack of motivation and fatigue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals