Have Ruined My Gallbladder By Low Fat Diet, Now I Can't Get Back To Eating Fat

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

you said couple post back that you eat fruit.
fruit = soluble fiber = hurting liver.
You have already read this?
Soluble Fiber Causes Liver Cancer, Insoluble And Antibiotics Prevent/stop It
Maybe ditching whole fruits is your solution
(and keep eating carrots for insoluble fiber).
As I'm reading this, I have realized that bananas - which are one of my staple foods - are one of the highest sources of insoluble fiber. They also have resistant starch, chinin, plenty of tryptophan, serotonin... Have tried to stop eating them multiple times, but they are so calorie dense and gentle to my upper GI tract I just can't find anything else to replace them - my total caloric intake drops every time I stop eating bananas.

After reading the above thread I think it might be worth it, at least short term.

Many thanks, Hgreen56! Your posts are eye-opening

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Yeah you should definitely try the 125mg capsules, I think the 500mg ones are more for people who’ve had their gallbladders removed.

About cooking the beef, I just made sure its fully cooked. Its more of an issue with steaks, I remember having one cooked medium and getting a bad gallbladder reaction from the fat but that didn’t happen if it was well done.

And yes its basically just giving your liver/gallbladder some support and slowly upping fats again. I don’t recall the exact timeframe for all of this but I think it was around a year. But I think it can be much quicker for you if you followed this approach, it involved a lot of trial and error for me. I’ve settled now on having fats at about 20-25% of my diet and its going quite well.

And yes it is a feedback loop situation with the thyroid. Just try to find foods that agree with you and can provide the necessary nutrients. Maybe you could also give your thyroid a boost, are you taking any thyroid hormone?

Don’t stress it, you’ll fix it in no time :D
Yes, having about 25% of calories from fat is also my goal. This is incredibly empowering. Thank you very much!

Have tried both NDT and cynomel/cynoplus, but my body did not respond well. I think I was too malnourished to support the metabolism boost so I crashed.

faisman

Yes, having about 25% of calories from fat is also my goal. This is incredibly empowering. Thank you very much!

Have tried both NDT and cynomel/cynoplus, but my body did not respond well. I think I was too malnourished to support the metabolism boost so I crashed.
Glad to help! Keep us updated on your progress with all of this.

Zpol

As I'm reading this, I have realized that bananas - which are one of my staple foods - are one of the highest sources of insoluble fiber. They also have resistant starch, chinin, plenty of tryptophan, serotonin... Have tried to stop eating them multiple times, but they are so calorie dense and gentle to my upper GI tract I just can't find anything else to replace them - my total caloric intake drops every time I stop eating bananas.

I am in the same boat as you, only I have suspected biliary cholangitis due to celiac. I have eliminated all starch and this definitely helped significantly. I do eat bananas, they are my best calorie source, although they are high in serotonin they are also high in dopamine so I think they're okay in that regard. As they ripen the starch turns to sugar, I ONLY eat them when they are over-ripe, the fruit is almost translucent. The allergens are higher in conventional bananas, less so in organic. So maybe still okay for us, I hope so at least.

Eggs are touch and go for me too, but we need the choline so I don't know what to make of that either. If they do give me issues I take half a Dramamine and I'm good again. Have you tried any first generation antihistamines?

How about aspirin or antibiotics. I think estrogen dominance and SIBO are underlying issues.

Zigzag

I eat basically less than 5g fat a day currently, mostly 0 though. Would you say eating more once a week to get fat soluble vitamins is reasonable? I do that as a test and for weight loss.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Taurine can definitely be helpful. I used this recently to help someone with an inflamed gallbladder 3g of taurine provided instant relief.

ddjd

have you tried pure malic acid powder. make your own capsules and take a few every morning.

oh and definitely try 3-5g taurine daily with magnesium malate

I eat basically less than 5g fat a day currently, mostly 0 though. Would you say eating more once a week to get fat soluble vitamins is reasonable? I do that as a test and for weight loss.

Do not test so much yourself,start reading about experimentation that was already done =]

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

You took or take it daily?
how much of caffeine? I don’t think I’ll tolerate much. Coffee always made me feel strange.

You ever tried ox bile?
Yes, I'm taking it daily. 100mg of caffeine 2x a day, 250mg of UDCA 1x a day.

You need to eat enough carbs for caffeine to work properly. When I'm well fed, caffeine gives me great mood and increases my body temperature.

Ox bile is disgusting. I have tried it and haven't seen any results. But admittedly, I wasn't very consistent with it because it is REALLY disgusting.

UDCA have the same mechanism of action AFAIK without being so disgusting. Plus is backed by plenty of studies.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Also, caffeine is very different than coffee. You might be reacting to some impurity / mold in the coffee.

Most of the coffee on the market is garbage tbh.

Have you ever tried some premium / high end brand of coffee?

Motif

Yes, I'm taking it daily. 100mg of caffeine 2x a day, 250mg of UDCA 1x a day.

You need to eat enough carbs for caffeine to work properly. When I'm well fed, caffeine gives me great mood and increases my body temperature.

Ox bile is disgusting. I have tried it and haven't seen any results. But admittedly, I wasn't very consistent with it because it is REALLY disgusting.

UDCA have the same mechanism of action AFAIK without being so disgusting. Plus is backed by plenty of studies.
Also, caffeine is very different than coffee. You might be reacting to some impurity / mold in the coffee.

Most of the coffee on the market is garbage tbh.

Have you ever tried some premium / high end brand of coffee?
No I was never really into coffee because of this, but I might try pure caffeine !

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Oooooh and also, finding a fat I can somewhat tolerate (in my case, cheese) and making sure I have some in my diet all the time.

Just enough to trigger bile release, but not enough to trigger gallbladder attack.

This one is super important and made huge difference for me

This might be actually the most important as I think about it

Lincoln-Imp

I have major issues digesting fats too, I do with just about any food, but fats seem to put my gut to a stand still and cause major discomfort. Has anybody ever tried the Gallbladder supplement by Ancestral Supplements? I purchased it recently but haven’t properly got going with it yet to know if I’ll have any success.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals