Haidut's Bulgarian Bioenergtic Burger

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
There are no native speakers of Prolactinese in this world yet. Which part?

Minerals bound to amino acids have a narrower use if you want to avoid the isolated peaks. Aminocancertate is glycinate, it seems a better alternative due to what our favorite rodent pointed out.

The second post is killcium hydroxide, carbonate and bicarbonate, in this order.

The simplest thing to do would be to take the supplement when getting ready to eat and chase it with a sip of cocaine.
Okay, some eggshell powder with a chaser of coke (slang).

meatbag

hmmm but wasn't the consensus here that non-well dissolved/bloomed gelatin was hard to digest?
I didn't notice any problems. You can eat the powder, its just really dry. I think the blooming thing is to prevent clumping if your making a dessert

Mossy

hmmm but wasn't the consensus here that non-well dissolved/bloomed gelatin was hard to digest?
I know everyone is different, but when I first starting Peating I tried non-bloomed, straight gelatin powder on ground beef and it was very hard on my gut. It may be worth trying again. And maybe even comparing it with bloomed first.

Amazoniac

Those killcium supplements have a bland taste, for people to be thrilled about it, it must be their presence promoting browning in spite of the fact that their solubility in water is poor, the patty is thick, so, the majority might stay in the undercooked interior. Georgi brushing the patties with Tocopherol Vitamin in place of butter can only be of help.

There are some Asian recipes where buns containing ground meat are steamed, should be better for not involving dry heat and higher temperatures.

GeoX

No need to add the coconut oil, now that Danny and Ray have seen the light with coconut oil - allergens and not as "gut-sterilizing" as olive oil. If you really need extra fat, use grass-fed butter.

revenant

At least in Finland, cheap ground meat already has between 2-18% collagen in it (since they grind joints, tendons etc. into the product).

Bart1

doesn't calcium neutralise stomach acid and this would not be beneficial for the digestion of the burger? I would think taking calcium 30 minutes before the meal would work as well and might be better for stomach acid?

Quelsatron

No need to add the coconut oil, now that Danny and Ray have seen the light with coconut oil - allergens and not as "gut-sterilizing" as olive oil. If you really need extra fat, use grass-fed butter.
What are you referring to?

Ben.

While it is a little offtopic the potato interests me too.

I've read a couple of articles about nixtamalization and in corn i understand the mechanism but what is happening when doing it with the potatoe? Was this done to potatos too "back in the day"? I mean we peel the skin off anyway and heat/boil it intensely (which should take care of the Solanine) but wouldn't that also destroy the b vitamins that we just made more bioavailable? Does nixtamalization make the potatoe better digestable and more nutritious aswell?

Industrial Production of Maize Tortillas and Snacks

Calcium oxide hydrolyzes the bonds holding the hemicelluloses together in the cell walls, which allows the pericarp to be easily removed. The degraded pericarp, rich in arabinoxylans, acts as a hydrocolloid and imparts desirable textural properties to table tortillas. However, lime disrupts fiber components during cooking, which yields products with lower dietary fiber (Serna-Saldivar and Amaya-Guerra 2008) and antioxidant compounds (Gutiérrez Uribe et al 2010). This weak alkali also provides relevant amounts of bioavailable calcium and improves niacin bioavailability (Chapter 2) but negatively affects the nutraceutical value because cooking enhances the leaching of phenolics, various acids, and other important antioxidants and B-vitamins into the steep liquid, commonly known as nejayote (Chapter 3; Del Pozo-Insfran et al 2006, 2007; De la Parra et al 2007; Gutiérrez Uribe et al 2010).

Maizes

Elke K. Arendt, Emanuele Zannini, in Cereal Grains for the Food and Beverage Industries, 2013

2.4.4 Nixtamalization​

Remarkable physico-chemical changes occur in the maize during nixtamalization (resulting from heat treatment, lime addition and the steeping and grinding processes) which remarkably improve the nutritional quality of the maize. In particular, partial starch gelatinization, partial lipid saponification, solubilization of some proteins surrounding the starch granules and the conversion of the cell wall hemicellulose components into soluble gums all strongly influence the rheological and textural properties of the final products (Arámbula et al., 1999).

Perhaps i look up another nixtamalization thread and discuss there. I personally would like to make a comprehensive write up of the ideal preparation and/or buying guidelines for preparing starches/grains.

SuperStressed

How's the nixt taters going? Did Ray say anything about it? It's interesting

I mean at the very least it would boost calcium right?

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

How's the nixt taters going? Did Ray say anything about it? It's interesting

I mean at the very least it would boost calcium right?

I've done them a few times. They are tasty, but I was getting a LOT of bubbles in my mini fryer of HCO. I've stopped doing them for now, but will do more with the CAL and potatoes in the future.

Never heard Ray mention anything about it. He did suggest a Nixtamalization process for grains like wheat. Potatoes tend to be pretty nutritious anyway, after cooking and peeling.

I suspect it would boost calcium. Although, I have been raising calcim a lot in the past couple weeks with burgers, and also extra calcium carbonate. So, extra calcium from potatoes wouldn't be necessary. Regular potatoes fried in HCO are really good, too.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

In Danny's last youtube video with Ray, they agreed that olive oil worked better with the carrot salad/mushrooms than coconut oil.

True, but that's also the only thing Roddy is using the olive oil for (as he clarified in a recent video). I still like coconut oil for cooking (and use Hydrogenated Coconut Oil right now), and don't think anything they said in regards to using olive oil on carrot salad would be a strike against coconut oil in general.

haidut

Forum Supporter
So on Last Night's Livestream with Danny Roddy (#59), @haidut shared a recipe for burgers-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGwTthwL5EI

The idea is to add more calcium to get the ratio closer to 3:2 to phosphate (or even higher), and to improve the amino acid composition.

He suggested that 10 grams of gelatin per pound would be good. I was less clear on how much calcium carbonate to add, so I looked up phosphorus on Nutrition Data-

It seems that one ounce of ground beef has around 50mg of phosphorus (using raw values). So, one pound should have about 800mg. That means you'd want at least 1200mg calcium to get it to 3:2. There's 600mg of calcium in 1.5g of calcium carbonate.

I also have pretty lean beef (91% lean from Costco), so thought I would add in Hydrogenated Coconut Oil to get it closer to 80/20. So, the recipe for me was-

1 pound 91/9 ground beef
10 grams of gelatin
3 grams Calcium Carbonate
40 grams Hydrogenated Coconut Oil.

I mixed it all up, made two burgers (one for lunch, the other for dinner). I just ate the one for lunch, and I can say....

It was easily the best tasting burger I have cooked in well over a year, maybe ever. I just had it plain, so it stands well on it's own (I did have a soda with lunch).

There was zero chalk taste or sense at this level. It might be worth experimenting with higher doses of calcium. Haidut suggested it was 1g of calcium per burger, which would be closer to 10g of calcium carbonate in a pound of beef, if he was making traditional quarter pound burgers.

I did start feeling warmer within 10 minutes or so after eating, including in hands and feet (although I have gotten similar effects with Coconut Oil in other foods). I took my temp, and it was 99.4. So, pro metabolic, confirmed!

I am "Nixtamalizing" some potatoes to fry for dinner, so there could be a super metabolic combo for the standard meal of "Burger, Fries, Coke."

Awesome! It looks like quite a few people liked the recipe and have been emailing me about it too saying they saw it on the forum.
One thing you may want to try adding is, as @Drareg mentioned, a raw egg or two. You crack them open, scramble them then pour into the ground beef mix and mash it all together. The eggs and gelatin help keep the burgers from getting crumbly. I have done a few more experiments with adding more calcium and if the eggs are present, you could make a mix that would provide calcium:phosphorus ratio of up to 2:1 per burger/unit of meat without it tasting chalky. It is not for the faint of heart though. The combination of coconut oil, gelatin and other protein from the meat raises metabolic rate quite a bit and adding a hefty dose of calcium on top of that can get a bit too much in this heat the US is enduring right now. So, if the 2:1 calcium:phosphorus version is made and consumed, I'd not ear more than a single burger per meal :):
Btw, I also prefer the coconut oil to olive oil. Will try to share more details on future podcasts with Danny, but long-story-short - I do not get good effects from progesterone dissolved in tocopherols and mixed with olive or other oils. However, I get amazing digestive and mental/muscle effects from progesterone dissolved in tocopherols and using a bit of MCT as the second solvent. If the amount of MCT is less than 50% of the volume when used as the second solvent it does not have allergenic or irritating effects (at least for me, using up to 25 drops of the mix daily) but it seems to provide benefits that other oils don't. Not sure what the reason may be but one possibility is that the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil act as phyto-androgens and also seem to stimulate steroid update into the cell more than fatty acids found in olive oil do. See Fig. 14 in the study below.

Last edited:

Dr. B

So on Last Night's Livestream with Danny Roddy (#59), @haidut shared a recipe for burgers-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGwTthwL5EI

The idea is to add more calcium to get the ratio closer to 3:2 to phosphate (or even higher), and to improve the amino acid composition.

He suggested that 10 grams of gelatin per pound would be good. I was less clear on how much calcium carbonate to add, so I looked up phosphorus on Nutrition Data-

It seems that one ounce of ground beef has around 50mg of phosphorus (using raw values). So, one pound should have about 800mg. That means you'd want at least 1200mg calcium to get it to 3:2. There's 600mg of calcium in 1.5g of calcium carbonate.

I also have pretty lean beef (91% lean from Costco), so thought I would add in Hydrogenated Coconut Oil to get it closer to 80/20. So, the recipe for me was-

1 pound 91/9 ground beef
10 grams of gelatin
3 grams Calcium Carbonate
40 grams Hydrogenated Coconut Oil.

I mixed it all up, made two burgers (one for lunch, the other for dinner). I just ate the one for lunch, and I can say....

It was easily the best tasting burger I have cooked in well over a year, maybe ever. I just had it plain, so it stands well on it's own (I did have a soda with lunch).

There was zero chalk taste or sense at this level. It might be worth experimenting with higher doses of calcium. Haidut suggested it was 1g of calcium per burger, which would be closer to 10g of calcium carbonate in a pound of beef, if he was making traditional quarter pound burgers.

I did start feeling warmer within 10 minutes or so after eating, including in hands and feet (although I have gotten similar effects with Coconut Oil in other foods). I took my temp, and it was 99.4. So, pro metabolic, confirmed!

I am "Nixtamalizing" some potatoes to fry for dinner, so there could be a super metabolic combo for the standard meal of "Burger, Fries, Coke."

what buns are you using, can you share those. any cheeses, sauces?

Dr. B

True, but that's also the only thing Roddy is using the olive oil for (as he clarified in a recent video). I still like coconut oil for cooking (and use Hydrogenated Coconut Oil right now), and don't think anything they said in regards to using olive oil on carrot salad would be a strike against coconut oil in general.
it seems like it, Ray's said a lot of positive things on coconut oil and potatoes but also said they can cause allergenic effects in people.
many things which are allergenic, also cause some level of inflammation even in people who aren't extremely allergic. like gluten, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, certain fish/shellfish, corn, dairy/eggs (though those are probably only when the eggs/dairy are made using the allergenic things)

Ray's said potatoes protein is very good but they can be allergenic for many people. he's said the same on coconut oil which was why he recommended refined hydrogenated coconut oil but in that podcast with danny, he was saying even refined coconut oil can still contain some allergens.
but if you are cooking, coconut oil or avocado oil or butter are better than olive oil since i imagine the beneficial compounds and fats oxidize easier in olive oil. cooking probably helps break down some of the allergenic stuff in coconut oil too

Amazoniac

Btw, I also prefer the coconut oil to olive oil. Will try to share more details on future podcasts with Danny, but long-story-short - I do not get good effects from progesterone dissolved in tocopherols and mixed with olive or other oils. However, I get amazing digestive and mental/muscle effects from progesterone dissolved in tocopherols and using a bit of MCT as the second solvent. If the amount of MCT is less than 50% of the volume when used as the second solvent it does not have allergenic or irritating effects (at least for me, using up to 25 drops of the mix daily) but it seems to provide benefits that other oils don't. Not sure what the reason may be but one possibility is that the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil act as phyto-androgens and also seem to stimulate steroid update into the cell more than fatty acids found in olive oil do. See Fig. 14 in the study below.
Jorge, wow is Tuulikki Lindmark?

Doc Sandoz

Awesome! It looks like quite a few people liked the recipe and have been emailing me about it too saying they saw it on the forum.
One thing you may want to try adding is, as @Drareg mentioned, a raw egg or two. You crack them open, scramble them then pour into the ground beef mix and mash it all together. The eggs and gelatin help keep the burgers from getting crumbly. I have done a few more experiments with adding more calcium and if the eggs are present, you could make a mix that would provide calcium:phosphorus ratio of up to 2:1 per burger/unit of meat without it tasting chalky. It is not for the faint of heart though. The combination of coconut oil, gelatin and other protein from the meat raises metabolic rate quite a bit and adding a hefty dose of calcium on top of that can get a bit too much in this heat the US is enduring right now. So, if the 2:1 calcium:phosphorus version is made and consumed, I'd not ear more than a single burger per meal :):
Would Collagen Hydroslysate work as well as gelatin? Has basically the same amino profile, but would it bind the burger like gelatin?

SuperStressed

I've done them a few times. They are tasty, but I was getting a LOT of bubbles in my mini fryer of HCO. I've stopped doing them for now, but will do more with the CAL and potatoes in the future.

Never heard Ray mention anything about it. He did suggest a Nixtamalization process for grains like wheat. Potatoes tend to be pretty nutritious anyway, after cooking and peeling.

I suspect it would boost calcium. Although, I have been raising calcim a lot in the past couple weeks with burgers, and also extra calcium carbonate. So, extra calcium from potatoes wouldn't be necessary. Regular potatoes fried in HCO are really good, too.
Oh yes I do simillar with HCO. I was just doing them in the oven in a dish with coconut oil but your mini fryer is a great idea and I think ill be getting one.

SuperStressed

I tried making the burgers for the first time and they were disgusting but it wasnt the calcium powder - it was the very lean ground beef I used, these burgers were truly awful lol. I really think you want atleast 20% fat ratio in there for a good burger. Also there may be something to be said for packing the burger too tight, you dont want to beat the meat up so to speak, according to youtube chefs :)

After your burger is prepared do you fry them in a pan on the stove?

The burgers are such a great idea for those on a budget, I just need to learn to cook properly. I think its a game changer for me if I can learn to make them. Im squuemish with gelatin and with powdered supplements so this is something Im really going to experiment with.

The burgers + Fries in HCO + coke is a super cheap, super tasty way to boost calcium, get gelatin and nutrients. Its like the perfect diet for me taste and budget wise. Only downside is starch in potatoes.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals