Skim Milk Powder Pancakes

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:hattip @x-ray peat

"I put a recipe up somewhere here, will try to find it.
But roughly it's 1 cup skim milk powder, 1/3rd cup skim milk, 1 egg, a few tablespoons of sugar, blend them up and slowly fry in a pan in some coconut oil
It's 36grams protein per 100grams - so a cup is around 80grams of protein!
You can easily get 40 grams of protein, and a lot of carbs, for breakfast."

x-ray peat

:hattip @x-ray peat

"I put a recipe up somewhere here, will try to find it.
But roughly it's 1 cup skim milk powder, 1/3rd cup skim milk, 1 egg, a few tablespoons of sugar, blend them up and slowly fry in a pan in some coconut oil
It's 36grams protein per 100grams - so a cup is around 80grams of protein!
You can easily get 40 grams of protein, and a lot of carbs, for breakfast."
I just checked, thanks goes to @aquaman. Any complaints if it tastes like crap go to him too:)

x-ray peat

one more tip I found
I bought some organic skimmed milk powder and had a go making pancakes...

One thing is for sure: A low temperature is vital otherwise it just burns. The texture was slightly rubbery which I did not expect and the taste was OK. I can probably do 3/4 cup milk powder with two eggs with honey/sugar but it's not quite as tasty as I was expecting.

I still need to find a way to hit 100g+ protein consistently which I struggle with... I tend to pin everything on one meal/food which isn't a good idea since variety is quite nice to have.

I might try cooked bananas, one egg and 1 cup milk powder, mostly for flavour, (I read organic bananas are ok - less stressful as long as they are cooked)

DaveFoster

I have issues getting too much protein. I've been averaging 160-180 grams for quite a while.

raypeatclips

Thanks for this recipe. I wonder what it would be like without the egg. In the recent talk, Sarah said how she has "egg meals" around lunch time and the pancakes for breakfast, so I assumed her recipe wouldn't have egg in it. I'm still waiting on a reply from her.

Lightbringer

I just mix them according to the consistency that I want, a thick batter for puffy pancakes, with just milk powder and egg and a little salt, or a thinner batter, with a little liquid milk added, for crepes; fried in butter.

Lightbringer

Thanks for this recipe. I wonder what it would be like without the egg. In the recent talk, Sarah said how she has "egg meals" around lunch time and the pancakes for breakfast, so I assumed her recipe wouldn't have egg in it. I'm still waiting on a reply from her.
Looks like an egg is involved in the pancake.

raypeatclips

@Lightbringer
nYuKAZC.jpg

I made a pancake here with just milk powder, milk and salt, to see what would happen. It went okay.

I do think an egg would have benefited the recipe but I like the idea of egg free pancakes so I can eat eggs as a snack later.

L

lollipop

Thank you for this @charlie! I was just thinking earlier how to make these...was going to try and google. Sweeetness....

keith

@Lightbringer
nYuKAZC.jpg

I made a pancake here with just milk powder, milk and salt, to see what would happen. It went okay.

I do think an egg would have benefited the recipe but I like the idea of egg free pancakes so I can eat eggs as a snack later.

Well????? How was it?

raypeatclips

@keith @lisaferraro Regular pancakes are much nicer. I ate all the batch but they were a bit strange, I think I need to tinker with the recipe more, or maybe have different toppings. I used maple syrup on top to flavour.

@Gl;itch.e I've not found any organic oranges yet, for some reason all the shops in my area have stopped selling them.

L

lollipop

@keith @lisaferraro Regular pancakes are much nicer. I ate all the batch but they were a bit strange, I think I need to tinker with the recipe more, or maybe have different toppings. I used maple syrup on top to flavour.

@Gl;itch.e I've not found any organic oranges yet, for some reason all the shops in my area have stopped selling them.
There was a bug that destroyed most of orange crops in Florida this year (or last). Big shortage.

Drareg

@Lightbringer
nYuKAZC.jpg

Your food presentation skills need work,how can a pancake not be round?
You didn't even put it in the middle of the plate, or you could be one of the new hipster alternative chefs doing it all differently?
Looking at this presentation first thing in the morning will raise serotonin!

Thanks for the recipe,I really needed a different protein source and this skimmed milk powder is a great and overlooked idea,compared to Peat we are all blind.

raypeatclips

There was a bug that destroyed most of orange crops in Florida this year (or last). Big shortage.

I see, that's a shame! Hopefully next year produces some, I want to try that marmalade.

You didn't even put it in the middle of the plate, or you could be one of the new hipster alternative chefs doing it all differently?

Thanks for the recipe,I really needed a different protein source and this skimmed milk powder is a great and overlooked idea,compared to Peat we are all blind.

It went into the pan round but it begins to sort of expand and grow with heat, it's not like a regular pancake that stays in the same shape and cooks.

Doing it differently is always fun. The people that put pancakes into the middle of plates would think it's weird to sit under giant light bulbs and breathe into a paper bag ;)

HDD

I made the pancakes according to the recipe except I only needed half of the liquid milk to produce crepe like pancakes. I thought they were delicious without any topping due to the 2 Tbsps of sugar.

DaveFoster

Lol #getrekt @raypeatclips

raw

ilovethesea

Love this idea! Just made these and agree with HDD, you don't need 1/3 cup milk. I used half that and they turned out great.

I found they cooked really fast - within seconds - so you have to be careful not to burn them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals