Skim Milk Powder Pancakes

RayPeatFan777

Did you use an electric mixer? They turned out weird for me when I did that, almost like pancakes. When I mixed by hand they were cookie-like.
Hand mixed. Did you use egg-whites or whole eggs?

I melted the butter in a pan with caster sugar. Then threw it all together in a bowl and mixed it with a hand whisk with two whole eggs. ive even tried different milk powders with the same result.

Noodlz2

Ray warns in his latest interview on Jodellefit that he is now wary of nanoparticles in powdered milk and no longer recommends recipes with it.

Sheik

Hand mixed. Did you use egg-whites or whole eggs?

I melted the butter in a pan with caster sugar. Then threw it all together in a bowl and mixed it with a hand whisk with two whole eggs. ive even tried different milk powders with the same result.
I used whole eggs. And the cookies were still soft but not too soft. Pleasantly soft. Chewy.

shepherdgirl

I love these things! I have two kids and I am grateful to find recipes like this.

I like to cook and was fooling around with the recipe. I added an extra yolk to the mix to see what would happen. The seemed to get a little bit fluffier, though it may have been my imagination.

I altered the recipe in an attempt to make sugar cookies. They turned out amazing, though they were a wee bit rich maybe? I did 1 cup milk powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1/4 cup butter, vanilla, bit of baking soda (eyed it). Cooked for 10min or so on 350deg F. They were remarkably similar to flour cookies.

I never knew you could use milk powder like this. Amazing!

I want to try a cake (wouldn't that be hilarious? A milk cake...) and was pondering a way to somehow make a loaf of bread though that might be silly... it would involve yeast or baking soda for rising lol........... :eek:

Any luck with milk powder cake or bread @schultz ?

schultz

Any luck with milk powder cake or bread @schultz ?

I haven't tried it yet lol. I had no oven for a while (like a year!) so I stopped baking as much. I used a toaster oven has a temporary oven, which is actually a pretty decent oven (I think it's a Breville?), but it was a wee bit small for baking. It would cook the outside too quickly and leave the inside undercooked if a larger pan was used.

I just got a new oven though about a month ago, so thanks for the reminder I may have to try these! Unfortunately I am a bit rusty now.

shepherdgirl

I haven't tried it yet lol. I had no oven for a while (like a year!) so I stopped baking as much. I used a toaster oven has a temporary oven, which is actually a pretty decent oven (I think it's a Breville?), but it was a wee bit small for baking. It would cook the outside too quickly and leave the inside undercooked if a larger pan was used.

I just got a new oven though about a month ago, so thanks for the reminder I may have to try these! Unfortunately I am a bit rusty now.
Yeah, I see how the lack of an oven could kinda foil your baking plans!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals