Old Times Baking And Sodium Acetate

somuch4food

For a while now, my favourite breakfast is buckwheat pancakes. It started out with a complicated vegan recipe that I have adapted to my new Peat inspired diet.

It was :
1 cup Buckwheat flour
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp Blackstrap molasses
1/8 cup Sugar
a pinch of cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder

Since reading about sodium acetate (baking soda/vinegar mix), I have recalled that it was this that was used before the advent of baking powder.

This morning I tried to sub the baking powder for 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1 tbsp white vinegar. The texture was amazing and the pancakes were easier to digest.

Do you think that baking powder creates harmful byproducts during the chemical reaction?

paymanz

what im sure about is that baking powder contains phosphate and aluminum(at least some types of baking powder) which is not a good thing.

jitsmonkey

For a while now, my favourite breakfast is buckwheat pancakes. It started out with a complicated vegan recipe that I have adapted to my new Peat inspired diet.

It was :
1 cup Buckwheat flour
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp Blackstrap molasses
1/8 cup Sugar
a pinch of cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder

Since reading about sodium acetate (baking soda/vinegar mix), I have recalled that it was this that was used before the advent of baking powder.

This morning I tried to sub the baking powder for 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1 tbsp white vinegar. The texture was amazing and the pancakes were easier to digest.

Do you think that baking powder creates harmful byproducts during the chemical reaction?

I don't know the answer to your question but I can testify that I cannot eat baking powder
as it creates digestive distress 100% of the time.
However I can take sodium acetate on an empty stomach no problem.
I've long wished for a replacement for baking powder and completely forgot this very salient point to sub Sod.Ac. . Thx!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals