Has Anyone Tried Sodium Acetate ? (for SIBO?)

Discussion in 'Experiments' started by Makrosky, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Guru, the thought of seasoned vinegar occurred to me as well, and it got me wondering how traditional it is.
    - Rice - Wikipedia
    - History of sugar - Wikipedia

If I come across something relevant to the enzymes, I'll post.

For now, what could also be concerning is the possibility of enhancement of iron adsorqtion (as it happens with other acids), although the effect might differ when it's neutralized.
    - Effect of Vinegar on Absorption of Iron in Rats (日本語)

2. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

This is such a special toxin.

In terms of effects, I was wondering if it could involve thiamide, an aesoteric bypass (described in other circumstances) to the thiamide-dependent reaction of pyruvate with SH-coA, yielding acetyl-coA, where the hydrogen iod is replaced; in this case it would be acetate instead of pyruvate.
    Acetyl-CoA - Wikipedia
    Acetyl-CoA synthetase - Wikipedia

Even though the amount isn't great in relation to what's obtained from carbohydrates, it concentrates in the liver, so it's a good suspect to be reaping its benefits and the positive effects stemming from there.

It's possible to be affecting the lining of the intestines. Manipulation of these acids can control proliferation, and if I remember it right, I read somewhere that acetate can induce tissue overgrowth. This could be desirable if a barrier is compromised, it's similar to what has been claimed to occur when poison/"vitamin" A is cleared from the body.

Acetylation is also something to consider, for some reason is neglected compared to the attention that sulfatization and glucuronidization get. Here they provide a table for the enzymes that should be functioning and the cofactors required:
    - Drug metabolism - Wikipedia

Mito pointed out that the acetyl group in aspirin is involved in resolution of inflammation.
    - Aspirin - Wikipedia

One more aspect to consider:
    - Acetate reduces PGE2 release and modulates phospholipase and cyclooxygenase levels in neuroglia stimulated with lipopolysaccharide

--
    These are related to the first link from post #81:
    - Acetate supplementation attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced neuroinflammation
    - Neuroglial Mechanisms Involved In The Anti-Inflammatory Effect Of Acetate Supplementation

3. Elchapchapchapo

Elchapchapchapo Member

Hey so there are 3 acids like sodium acetate. I can’t remember where I saw it. I’ll have to dig around and find it. But anyway one of the other ones is butrayte