Gut inflammation...

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I was going to say, have any of you with gut issues ever tried the "Raw Milk Cure" protocol?

Personally thinking about trying something like that myself. I have access to raw milk, was thinking about doing something like 2-3 ounces every half hour or so for 8 hours a day. Just do that as long as I can or until I start to feel results.

I think the protocol is something similar to that. But just the point of consuming small amounts of raw milk continuously, would add much needed nutrients and likely help to positively modulate the intestinal microbiota.

The Mayo Clinic in the early 1900s claimed to be treating just about every disease using a similar protocol. Key here though is going to be through the use of raw milk.

Last summer I actually did it with not the greatest sources of milk and felt much better. It has to be summer time though so I can sweat a bit and not bloat myself.

Sumbody

Last summer I actually did it with not the greatest sources of milk and felt much better. It has to be summer time though so I can sweat a bit and not bloat myself.
What did you notice from doing that?

And at what quantity, and how often were you consuming the milk?

Nokoni

OLLNX

I thought so too. But then I found this:

"Short-chain fatty acids, especially butyrate, play a central metabolic role in maintaining the mucosal barrier in the gut. A lack of butyrate, leading to endogenous starvation of enterocytes, may be the cause of ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory conditions. The main source of butyrate is dietary fibre, but it can also be derived from structured biopolymers like DBC. Butyrate has been shown to increase wound healing and to reduce inflammation in the small intestine.93 In the colon, butyrate is the dominant energy source for epithelial cells and affects cellular proliferation and differentiation by as yet unknown mechanisms. Recent results suggest that the luminal provision of butyrate may be an appropriate means to improve wound healing in intestinal surgery and to ameliorate symptoms of inflammatory diseases."
Again, disagree.
There is no clear evidence for all those statements. Indeed, high level of butyrate may indicate gut inflammation.
The matter of fact butyric acid produced by some intestinal bacteria through the process of fermentation. That process also produce very high levels of endotoxins. One most likely end up with SIBO as well. In general, veggies is not a good idea, to say the least. Keep in mind, I consume plenty of coconut oil which is a good source of short chain fatty acids.
Also,in my original statement, I said that nothing really changed in my diet. I definitely did not add any veggies. No extra fiber. All symptoms are gone. Right now I have no gut issues what so ever.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Again, disagree.
There is no clear evidence for all those statements. Indeed, high level of butyrate may indicate gut inflammation.
The matter of fact butyric acid produced by some intestinal bacteria through the process of fermentation. That process also produce very high levels of endotoxins. One most likely end up with SIBO as well. In general, veggies is not a good idea, to say the least. Keep in mind, I consume plenty of coconut oil which is a good source of short chain fatty acids.
Also,in my original statement, I said that nothing really changed in my diet. I definitely did not add any veggies. No extra fiber. All symptoms are gone. Right now I have no gut issues what so ever.
I've been pretty low in vegetable consumption for years. I recovered from my digestive tract multiple problems by taking high dose thiamine and magnesium. When I was so very sick fall of 2020, I ate tonnage in well cooked mushrooms daily. I really can't say that it helped. But the thiamine and magnesium certainly did.

OLLNX

I've been pretty low in vegetable consumption for years. I recovered from my digestive tract multiple problems by taking high dose thiamine and magnesium. When I was so very sick fall of 2020, I ate tonnage in well cooked mushrooms daily. I really can't say that it helped. But the thiamine and magnesium certainly did.
I am curious, what Mg do you take? I have been looking into it

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I know gut health is extremely important, but can it really wreck things to a point of almost crippling someone?

Severe anxiety, dizziness, bodywide pain and fatigue, weight gain, extreme nerves and tension?

Having proper digestion for a period of time is something I have never been able to manage, but genuinely curious as to if this could be something that really hinders things this much?
You may want to consider running a stool test like the GI-MAP to see if you have pathogenic infection/overgrowth and low commensal populations. A herbal pathogen cleanse seems in order too. After I got rid of my parasites in 2019, I do it 2x per year along with a liver flush for maintenance. Has worked really well and for others that have done it.

frannybananny

It is just an allergy, because nothing else does that, and the lower back ache comes in the early morning hours, if I ate those foods the day before, and it’s not bad, and goes away after I get up. This arm rash was how I learned I had an allergy to those foods, because while it came and went, from a new leather sofa that my arm was against every morning, it only flared up in those few months when I ate those four foods, and even worse when I had fluoride, in toothpaste, or water and ice cubes, made with water. I avoided those foods and got a gravity filter and the arm rash cleared up, and no back pain if I don’t eat those foods.
What 4 foods are you talking about here? I know I am a month late to this discussion but could you give more details?

frannybananny

I get inflammation from pork, soy and corn fed chicken, rice, corn and fluoride.
Hmmmm interesting. I am dealing with skin inflammation issues but attributed it to some medications I had been taking and an antibiotic for a UTI.. I do drink a lot of tap water which contains flouride but try to filter it out with an under the sink filtrations system, not reverse osmosis, at least I am removing the chlorine. maybe the water could be one of the sources of inflammation and digestion issues. I thought you were the poster who always posted incredible recipes using all kinds of food including chicken? So you don't even eat nixtalized corn tortillas that Ray recommended? I sure don't eat much these days...worry that I am malnourished.

frannybananny

I thought so too. But then I found this:

"Short-chain fatty acids, especially butyrate, play a central metabolic role in maintaining the mucosal barrier in the gut. A lack of butyrate, leading to endogenous starvation of enterocytes, may be the cause of ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory conditions. The main source of butyrate is dietary fibre, but it can also be derived from structured biopolymers like DBC. Butyrate has been shown to increase wound healing and to reduce inflammation in the small intestine.93 In the colon, butyrate is the dominant energy source for epithelial cells and affects cellular proliferation and differentiation by as yet unknown mechanisms. Recent results suggest that the luminal provision of butyrate may be an appropriate means to improve wound healing in intestinal surgery and to ameliorate symptoms of inflammatory diseases."
Would you know if HMB is the same type of beneficial butyrate?

Hmmmm interesting. I am dealing with skin inflammation issues but attributed it to some medications I had been taking and an antibiotic for a UTI.. I do drink a lot of tap water which contains flouride but try to filter it out with an under the sink filtrations system, not reverse osmosis, at least I am removing the chlorine. maybe the water could be one of the sources of inflammation and digestion issues. I thought you were the poster who always posted incredible recipes using all kinds of food including chicken? So you don't even eat nixtalized corn tortillas that Ray recommended? I sure don't eat much these days...worry that I am malnourished.
I am the forum chef! What I don’t eat doesn’t mean everybody else can’t. Besides corn causing my arm rash, that I had for awhile, to flare up, the Blood Type Diet also says corn is toxic to my “O” blood type, so I rarely eat it. Fluoride is the worst for me. I can’t even use fluoride toothpaste. I make my ice cubes with water from my Propur gravity filter, which removes fluoride.

mostlylurking

Would you know if HMB is the same type of beneficial butyrate?
I'm sorry, I don't know. Perhaps someone else can provide more info.

Here's a couple of links if you want to research this further:
and

frannybananny

I am the forum chef! What I don’t eat doesn’t mean everybody else can’t. Besides corn causing my arm rash, that I had for awhile, to flare up, the Blood Type Diet also says corn is toxic to my “O” blood type, so I rarely eat it. Fluoride is the worst for me. I can’t even use fluoride toothpaste. I make my ice cubes with water from my Propur gravity filter, which removes fluoride.
Thanks!

OP
I

iLoveSugar

You may want to consider running a stool test like the GI-MAP to see if you have pathogenic infection/overgrowth and low commensal populations. A herbal pathogen cleanse seems in order too. After I got rid of my parasites in 2019, I do it 2x per year along with a liver flush for maintenance. Has worked really well and for others that have done it.
I recently did do a full GI analysis. It was very complex.

What did you notice from doing that?

And at what quantity, and how often were you consuming the milk?
I just genuinely felt better across the board. Lost weight, lower inflammation, more energy.

peter88

What does your diet mainly consist of? Do you think anything helped tremendously?

I'm 38 and have had issues since I was a kid. I absolutely do not want to get another colonoscopy, but my stomach has been such a mess. I bleed often (due to straining), but it's been so long that it kinda worries me.

I've been "Peating" for about 12 years now.
Are you European? If so you should get tested for hereditary fructose intolerance. It will cause liver damage and a host of other problems like those you have. Hypoglycemia is one of the main symptoms and will give you adrenaline issues. I saw you said the best you have felt in was when you had a milk only diet in summer which is devoid of fructose.

Vileplume

Thank you kindly. The concern is somewhat mitigated by the fact that I am a milk lover, and that I supplement with Magnoil (from IdeaLabs), and zinc (gluconate). And given that the doxycycline (or some antibiotic) is necessary to deal with the diverticulitis, I don't feel I have much choice. But I always remain alert for the possibility of significantly cutting back or quitting entirely, and will do so at the earliest opportunity. Thanks again.
Hey, just wondering if you found long-term benefit from daily doxy usage over an extended time? I've heard from some people that long-term antibiotic usage could cause problems with dysbiosis, but I'm thinking of trying it for nagging SIBO issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals