Notes On Prostatitis, Varicocele, And Pelvic Floor Tension

M

member 2106

I just thought I'd use this space to discuss my observations on these conditions, all of which I suffer from. Any other insights are of course valued.

In my case, I have a significant varicocele on the left side, and related to that, I have what is sometimes called pelvic floor tension, or dysfunction, and possibly even levator ani syndrome. These things are all connected. Extreme tension and contractions in the pelvic region can aggravate varicocele, and inflame/enlarge the prostate, and then you end up with poor uninary flow, pain, discomfort, etc., etc.

In terms of treatment, I think the main principle is promoting relaxation of the pelvic muscles. Become aware of any contractions and tensions that might be occurring there, and attend to them, either with something like bio-feedback therapy, or just doing it yourself by paying close attention.

The only certainties I have in terms of improving this set of conditions are as follows:

1) Avoid constipation, or straining at stool, at all costs. It might be wise to have quite a predictable diet.
2) Avoid sex or masturbation while there is any inflammation, and be extremely cautious with masturbation in general, because taken to extremes it can seriously aggravate the prostate and pelvic floor, and I think can actually be a primary cause of these interrelated conditions.
3) Concentrate deeply on relaxation of the muscles in the pelvic region. Long, hot baths help, as does massage. If you can avoid it, and especially if you're inflamed, do not stand or sit for long periods of time. Lie down instead, if possible with your feet somewhat elevated.
4) Not all exercise is good. Walking, hiking and swimming seem to be the safest options, and actually can promote improved circulation and relaxation. Weightlifting can be especially problematic, as it almost always involves strain.

The literature is not clear, but it would amaze me if these conditions did not ultimately increase prostate cancer risk, especially if left untreated for many years. As such, it's really a matter of urgency to take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BearWithMe

I'm suffering from all of the above and I think psychological stress is the main trigger/cause for me.

M

metabolizm

I'm suffering from all of the above and I think psychological stress is the main trigger/cause for me.

I’m my experience, gaining control of the pelvic floor (being able to relax it, mainly), as well as avoiding constipation, are the two main healing factors.
Of course, it is hard to do this in a state of psychological stress.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals