From White To Clear: How I Transformed My Tongue In Only 8 Days

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just curious, do you think not including the carrot salad in your diet contributed to how that infection was able to take hold so easily? If you were having a daily carrot salad, could it be that the bacteria from the bad egg you ate may have been eliminated quickly before getting a foothold in your GI?
@Hans
I don't do the carrot salad. I don't know exactly what all contributed to what happened to me, but I felt pretty hypothyroid a few days after. Had a fever that night, brainpower was diminished for at least 5 days after. Digestion was fragile, etc.
So it was most likely a couple of things that contributed, not just the egg.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Triphala alone will do that, usually within 24hrs.

“Only” 8 days is a very long time.

Most health issues (acute) are self limiting and resolve on their own with or without treatment.
I beg to differ. I was sick for at least 5 days after. Had fever that night and hypothyroid symptoms for the next 3-5 days. Lots of achiness, fragile digestion, reduced brainpower, etc.
I don't know what mild things you experience, but this experience wasn't mild at all. I've talked to people who said that they had a similar issue, and because they didn't address it right away, they continued to struggle with digestive issues, for weeks and even months.

I know when things will resolve in one day or not, and this was not one of those cases.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have noticed that I get something akin to kidney pain after consuming things like oil of oregano (diluted in olive oil). did you experience anything similar with these doses of volatile potent herbs?
I have not, but I only use them for about a week or two at a time. How quickly do you start to get the pain when you take them?

Flash

I don't do the carrot salad. I don't know exactly what all contributed to what happened to me, but I felt pretty hypothyroid a few days after. Had a fever that night, brainpower was diminished for at least 5 days after. Digestion was fragile, etc.
So it was most likely a couple of things that contributed, not just the egg.
I’ve been trying a similar diet mainly milk juice and meat but I’ve been including the salad. Any particular reason why you choose not to?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I’ve been trying a similar diet mainly milk juice and meat but I’ve been including the salad. Any particular reason why you choose not to?
Too lazy lol and I don't have any particular gut issues atm (except for this case I just got rid of). I'm also using black cumin and coconut oil, so that should take care of most things.

miquelangeles

I beg to differ. I was sick for at least 5 days after. Had fever that night and hypothyroid symptoms for the next 3-5 days. Lots of achiness, fragile digestion, reduced brainpower, etc.
I don't know what mild things you experience, but this experience wasn't mild at all. I've talked to people who said that they had a similar issue, and because they didn't address it right away, they continued to struggle with digestive issues, for weeks and even months.

I know when things will resolve in one day or not, and this was not one of those cases.
I know, I did read your post but my reply was strictly in relation to the title, which basically says “clear tongue in 8 days”

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I know, I did read your post but my reply was strictly in relation to the title, which basically says “clear tongue in 8 days”
Well, the title of my article was strictly true to my own personal experience. If I had said "clear in 2 days" it would have been lying. I never said you can't have a clear tongue in fewer days or that 8 days is the guarantee. My whole article was written based on my own personal experience and the title was given to suit just that... merely my own experience.
And as a side note, I have used Triphala in the past on its own without it really clearing my tongue up at all.

Kykeon

Would a regular small dose every other week of flowers of sulphur be a safe practice to keep fungal growth at bay?
"Can flowers of sulfur taken internally help with acne? Would minocycline also help?Either of them can help, but with prolonged use the intestine can develop sensitivity to the sulfur. causing irritation instead of stopping it."
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository>

from my own expierence 2-3 days of taking it is enough.

Ct23

I've battled a coated tongue for years. I have ordered a bottle of black cumin seed oil to try. Is the feeling that this is caused by dysbiosis and that the black seed somehow reverses this? Or is it perhaps inflammation caused by bacteria that is nullified by black seeds anti inflammatory properties?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've battled a coated tongue for years. I have ordered a bottle of black cumin seed oil to try. Is the feeling that this is caused by dysbiosis and that the black seed somehow reverses this? Or is it perhaps inflammation caused by bacteria that is nullified by black seeds anti inflammatory properties?
Black cumin is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and anti-inflammatory, so it helps from a lot of angles.

RealNeat

I have not, but I only use them for about a week or two at a time. How quickly do you start to get the pain when you take them?
That night or the next day, very fast. Only with the oregano oil, not black seed.

equipoise

What is Ray Peat's view on black cumin powder?
He did say that it's very interesting, but the seeds could be potentially allergenic. I ordered some oil to try and tackle the allergy issues plus the pro-gut effects are definitely worth checking out.

Ct23

For me neither. White tongue can't be cured locally. It has to be cured from the gut itself.
Seems true. But it seems to be an issue that nobody can definitively advise of the actual cause and a specific treatment. For instance, some ppl resolve with probiotic, some ppl with herbal or antibiotics, I've even heard of ppl resolving with bromelain where sulfur compounds were the cause. Sometimes I even wonder whether it's due to an energy deficit given that a night of 'party'/refined food often improves the coating more than natural foods.

T

TheBeard

Seems true. But it seems to be an issue that nobody can definitively advise of the actual cause and a specific treatment. For instance, some ppl resolve with probiotic, some ppl with herbal or antibiotics, I've even heard of ppl resolving with bromelain where sulfur compounds were the cause. Sometimes I even wonder whether it's due to an energy deficit given that a night of 'party'/refined food often improves the coating more than natural foods.

For me a liver flush followed by two coffee enemas makes my tongue pink for at least 3 weeks.

For me neither. White tongue can't be cured locally. It has to be cured from the gut itself.
White tongues come and go depending on what you eat. It is a normal thing and not necessarily bad unless it is painful like thrush/yeast. I know it isn't attractive, but it is normal to come and go, even throughout a day for me.

equipoise

Milk's about the only thing giving me white coating, and that's only sometimes. Usually when I eff up my digestion a bit, and dont have that many BMs

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals