Female Corner

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I had a similar moment about a month ago when I had to face the fact that my thyroid is growing again. Three years ago I had most of it removed because it was growing very quickly down into my mediastinum, pushing on my trachea and likely to eventually start pressing on my aorta. The surgery bought me some time, but of course it didn't solve the problem. Fortunately now I feel like I'm in a better place to really implement some things that'll make a difference, whereas 3 years ago there was just too much going on. I just hope my plan works!
Sorry to hear that @denise. Sometimes these bodies of ours just don't seem to cooperate! I'm glad you're in a better place now to deal with it.
Even though I discovered my prolactin was elevated it was only about half of what it was prior to finding Peat and this forum so I'm grateful for the improvements I've had. I started feeling better within days of going on a low dose of medication. It's so nice to feel better!
Keep us posted on how things go with your thyroid!

L

lollipop

@Jennifer and others, I just posted this in the life giving store cocoa powder thread but thought it might interest some women here looking for safe makeup options. I tried cocoa powder as a bronzer today and it looks nice! It's been winter here forever and I was longing for a bit of color when it dawned on me to try brushing a bit on my cheeks. It's an instant subtle sun kissed glow and I love the look and feel good about putting it on my skin.
Hi @Blossom and @Jennifer. Just an update. I used this as well today :): Woot, loved it. I also posted this on the other forum:

Hi @Blossom! I did it today as well!! It feels great on your skin and my husband even agreed it was slightly better than no makeup for giving slight color. I also used a coconut oil mascara and a coconut oil and beet lip color. Feels so light and natural on my face but with a bit more umph...

Now here are the links for the other makeup:

Lip gloss:

Noix de Coco Organic Coconut Oil Lip Gloss in Swipe Right. All Natural Lipgloss with Shea Butter and Vitamin E. All Natural, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Non Toxic, No Stickiness with Glossy Finish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076L369DG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_d134AbVTVJ4SK

Mascara:

Noix de Coco Organic Coconut Oil Mascara - Nourishing, Conditioning, Hypoallergenic Mascara with Vitamin E by NDC Beauty - Perfect for Sensitive Eyes - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4JPSZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_T134Ab9J4WHT5

Edit:

This seems EVEN better and cleaner lip stick:

Fruit Pigmented® Pomegranate Oil Anti Aging Lipstick

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer

Nice! Thank you for sharing, @lisaferraro! The 100% Pure brand is the one I planned on getting for my brother's wedding. Etsy is another great place to find natural products with very minimal ingredients like beet root and hibiscus lip balms and tints.

You can even make your own non-toxic colored balms and tints by mixing beet and/or hibiscus powder (or maybe even raspberry, cherry or strawberry juice powder?) with a butter of your choice (for balms) or glycerin (for tints). Squalane might even work as a tint base since it's so light and absorbs so well. I have some hibiscus powder that I use to condition my hair so I'll buy some squalane and test it out. What's nice is the balms and tints can be used on both the lips and cheeks.

L

lollipop

Nice! Thank you for sharing, @lisaferraro! The 100% Pure brand is the one I planned on getting for my brother's wedding. Etsy is another great place to find natural products with very minimal ingredients like beet root and hibiscus lip balms and tints.

You can even make your own non-toxic colored balms and tints by mixing beet and/or hibiscus powder (or maybe even raspberry, cherry or strawberry juice powder?) with a butter of your choice (for balms) or glycerin (for tints). Squalane might even work as a tint base since it's so light and absorbs so well. I have some hibiscus powder that I use to condition my hair so I'll buy some squalane and test it out. What's nice is the balms and tints can be used on both the lips and cheeks.
Very cool @Jennifer. Please update us about the squalane and hibiscus experiment. I was thinking of finding a lip tint. So following closely :):

SQu

I started feeling better within days of going on a low dose of medication. It's so nice to feel better!
Good to hear!
Fortunately now I feel like I'm in a better place to really implement some things that'll make a difference,
I hope it goes better this time and I think there's really good reason to think it will.
Lip gloss:

Noix de Coco Organic Coconut Oil Lip Gloss in Swipe Right. All Natural Lipgloss with Shea Butter and Vitamin E. All Natural, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Non Toxic, No Stickiness with Glossy Finish
I make my own and I love it. It tastes like chocolate. It's easy to make a lip balm with the butters (cocoa butter, Shea butter, mango butter, MCT to thin to the right texture) more MCT to the mix will make a nice body/face butter (I get really nice skin, blemishes shrink, skin looks younger, plus it gives a metabolic boost such that I've turned a corner health wise) but.... I have to use on days I'm not really going out as it takes ages to sink in and rubs off on clothing. More MCT will just make it a thinner type of oily. I think I need an emulsion and so I need an emulsifier and a water based something that is either harmless or actually good. And ... accessible, easy to find. Any thoughts? This making my own skin stuff has been really rewarding in terms of results already. I can get hold of orange peel powder, they promise no pesticides/herbicides. Don't know what to do with it yet though...

L

lollipop

Good to hear!

I hope it goes better this time and I think there's really good reason to think it will.

I make my own and I love it. It tastes like chocolate. It's easy to make a lip balm with the butters (cocoa butter, Shea butter, mango butter, MCT to thin to the right texture) more MCT to the mix will make a nice body/face butter (I get really nice skin, blemishes shrink, skin looks younger, plus it gives a metabolic boost such that I've turned a corner health wise) but.... I have to use on days I'm not really going out as it takes ages to sink in and rubs off on clothing. More MCT will just make it a thinner type of oily. I think I need an emulsion and so I need an emulsifier and a water based something that is either harmless or actually good. And ... accessible, easy to find. Any thoughts? This making my own skin stuff has been really rewarding in terms of results already. I can get hold of orange peel powder, they promise no pesticides/herbicides. Don't know what to do with it yet though...
Oh my @SQu! How awesome ❤️ Do you mind sharing your recipe? I would love to know how much of each ingredient and how you mixed it all together.

Thank you in advance :):

SQu

I am fussy about texture and live in a dry climate. In fact wanting a more coated texture is what drove me to make my own. (I'm one of those lip balm addicts but hate a light feeling balm). So I forgot to mention the key ingredient for a thick layered feeling ... Beeswax. I just melt a bit of each of those butters, roughly equal quantities and beeswax half or quarter the quantity. This will set too hard. So you use MCT oil to adjust to the texture that isn't too hard to use or too light to do the job. Start with half or quarter quantity of each butter and go from there. I used to include coconut oil and tallow but I now have so many ingredients I can't really squeeze them in anymore. Plus the coconut oil isn't the best texture, but light and oily, and then it does harden in winter (winter officially starts tomorrow and frankly I'm looking forward to some cool weather) but that's too much hardness. So you have to play with your preference plus your climate. Dry/humid and temperature will affect the hardness. The butters are a nice texture and body heat melts them and the cocoa butter has that taste that makes it a treat to use. To clarify: cocoa, Shea, mango butters 1 part each. 1/4 to 1/2 part beeswax and same of MCT oil. Adjust. No harm in coconut or tallow if you like.

L

lollipop

I am fussy about texture and live in a dry climate. In fact wanting a more coated texture is what drove me to make my own. (I'm one of those lip balm addicts but hate a light feeling balm). So I forgot to mention the key ingredient for a thick layered feeling ... Beeswax. I just melt a bit of each of those butters, roughly equal quantities and beeswax half or quarter the quantity. This will set too hard. So you use MCT oil to adjust to the texture that isn't too hard to use or too light to do the job. Start with half or quarter quantity of each butter and go from there. I used to include coconut oil and tallow but I now have so many ingredients I can't really squeeze them in anymore. Plus the coconut oil isn't the best texture, but light and oily, and then it does harden in winter (winter officially starts tomorrow and frankly I'm looking forward to some cool weather) but that's too much hardness. So you have to play with your preference plus your climate. Dry/humid and temperature will affect the hardness. The butters are a nice texture and body heat melts them and the cocoa butter has that taste that makes it a treat to use. To clarify: cocoa, Shea, mango butters 1 part each. 1/4 to 1/2 part beeswax and same of MCT oil. Adjust. No harm in coconut or tallow if you like.
Awesome! Thank you for taking the time :):

denise

I wanted to share a household management tool I just discovered. It's an app called Tody. You program in all the different housekeeping things you want to keep track of in various rooms of your home, including what your definition of clean is--so depending on how particular you are, you can set your "mop the kitchen floor" timer for 2 days or 2 weeks or whatever works for you--and also how much effort the task requires. Once everything's in there, you just open the app when you've got some time to spend cleaning, choose something from the list of things that are currently due (or overdue), and get to work! Then you can mark that you did it and have the satisfaction of watching the progress bar for that task turn green again. It's highly motivating, and I credit it entirely for how clean my kitchen is right now. :):

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wanted to share a household management tool I just discovered. It's an app called Tody. You program in all the different housekeeping things you want to keep track of in various rooms of your home, including what your definition of clean is--so depending on how particular you are, you can set your "mop the kitchen floor" timer for 2 days or 2 weeks or whatever works for you--and also how much effort the task requires. Once everything's in there, you just open the app when you've got some time to spend cleaning, choose something from the list of things that are currently due (or overdue), and get to work! Then you can mark that you did it and have the satisfaction of watching the progress bar for that task turn green again. It's highly motivating, and I credit it entirely for how clean my kitchen is right now. :):
Thanks! That sounds like something I could use. I've been checking things off on a chart I hang on my refrigerator but that looks messy! I need a better way to keep track of cleaning since it's not my favorite thing to do.

LUH 3417

Has anyone ever resolves dark circles under eyes? From doing a forum search I think there’s something to be said for chronic allergies and dark circles, but does anyone have any other ideas?

Jennifer

@seraphim – With dark circles, I immediately look to the kidneys. Weak kidneys run in my family and so do raccoon eyes. Both my grandmothers had diagnosed kidney disease, which I now understand was related to an adrenal weakness, and very prominent dark circles, and when my kidneys and adrenals are struggling, dark circles appear. I mention the adrenals because they produce the neurotransmitters that turn the kidneys (and nervous system) off and on and seem to be highly involved with the thyroid (a tissue many here struggle with), having to compensate for it when it's weak since they're the other energy producing glands.

I also consider the pituitary because if weak, it can suppress any of our other endocrine glands, though, I think Ray may have a different opinion? Not positive about that. Anyhow, one indicator of a weak pituitary is being short or excessively tall and an easy way to tell if the kidneys are weak is by our diastolic BP taken on both arms (one kidney can be weaker than the other). Healthy is between 60 and 70. We can also tell the strength of our adrenals by our systolic BP. Healthy is between 120 and 130. If the diastolic is elevated, it usually means the kidneys are inflamed.

LUH 3417

@seraphim – With dark circles, I immediately look to the kidneys. Weak kidneys run in my family and so do raccoon eyes. Both my grandmothers had diagnosed kidney disease, which I now understand was related to an adrenal weakness, and very prominent dark circles, and when my kidneys and adrenals are struggling, dark circles appear. I mention the adrenals because they produce the neurotransmitters that turn the kidneys (and nervous system) off and on and seem to be highly involved with the thyroid (a tissue many here struggle with), having to compensate for it when it's weak since they're the other energy producing glands.

I also consider the pituitary because if weak, it can suppress any of our other endocrine glands, though, I think Ray may have a different opinion? Not positive about that. Anyhow, one indicator of a weak pituitary is being short or excessively tall and an easy way to tell if the kidneys are weak is by our diastolic BP taken on both arms (one kidney can be weaker than the other). Healthy is between 60 and 70. We can also tell the strength of our adrenals by our systolic BP. Healthy is between 120 and 130. If the diastolic is elevated, it usually means the kidneys are inflamed.
Thank you! I tend towards hypotension. Whenever I get some sun my dark circles disappear. They seem to be much worse when I have allergies. When I asked RP he said chronically high stress hormones can cause it. I do have some lower back pain, but my labs always show fine kidneys function in terms of creatinine andBUN levels. How do you go about helping your kidneys and adrenals?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi @Blossom and @Jennifer. Just an update. I used this as well today :): Woot, loved it. I also posted this on the other forum:

Hi @Blossom! I did it today as well!! It feels great on your skin and my husband even agreed it was slightly better than no makeup for giving slight color. I also used a coconut oil mascara and a coconut oil and beet lip color. Feels so light and natural on my face but with a bit more umph...

Now here are the links for the other makeup:

Lip gloss:

Noix de Coco Organic Coconut Oil Lip Gloss in Swipe Right. All Natural Lipgloss with Shea Butter and Vitamin E. All Natural, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Non Toxic, No Stickiness with Glossy Finish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076L369DG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_d134AbVTVJ4SK

Mascara:

Noix de Coco Organic Coconut Oil Mascara - Nourishing, Conditioning, Hypoallergenic Mascara with Vitamin E by NDC Beauty - Perfect for Sensitive Eyes - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4JPSZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_T134Ab9J4WHT5

Edit:

This seems EVEN better and cleaner lip stick:

Fruit Pigmented® Pomegranate Oil Anti Aging Lipstick
Thanks @lisaferraro!
Good to hear!
Thanks @SQu!

Jennifer

My pleasure, @seraphim! That makes sense. Sun is amazing for the adrenals and thyroid. And chronically elevated stress hormones fall in line with a weak adrenal(s) and/or thyroid. What is your average creatinine number? A doctor whose work I follow besides Ray's says it should be close to .4mg/L. You can also tell how healthy your kidneys are by peeing in a cup. After a few hours, you should see sediment. The more the sediment, the stronger the kidneys. The sediment is the natural byproduct (acids) of metabolism. When the kidneys are unable to filter it out, it builds up inside and starts breaking down tissue, congesting the lymphatic system etc.

I find foods high in alkaline minerals, especially potassium (for kidneys) and sodium (for adrenals), sleep, sun (at least 20 minutes daily), gentle movement, (for me it's dancing ballet or lyrical, walking and swimming), working on overcoming my fears (fear drains the kidneys and adrenals IME), meditation (for me it's music), and whole herbs to be the most helpful things for the kidneys and adrenals, and the rest of the body, as well.

LUH 3417

My pleasure, @seraphim! That makes sense. Sun is amazing for the adrenals and thyroid. And chronically elevated stress hormones fall in line with a weak adrenal(s) and/or thyroid. What is your average creatinine number? A doctor whose work I follow besides Ray's says it should be close to .4mg/L. You can also tell how healthy your kidneys are by peeing in a cup. After a few hours, you should see sediment. The more the sediment, the stronger the kidneys. The sediment is the natural byproduct (acids) of metabolism. When the kidneys are unable to filter it out, it builds up inside and starts breaking down tissue, congesting the lymphatic system etc.

I find foods high in alkaline minerals, especially potassium (for kidneys) and sodium (for adrenals), sleep, sun (at least 20 minutes daily), gentle movement, (for me it's dancing ballet or lyrical, walking and swimming), working on overcoming my fears (fear drains the kidneys and adrenals IME), meditation (for me it's music), and whole herbs to be the most helpful things for the kidneys and adrenals, and the rest of the body, as well.
Oh that’s interesting. My creatinine was 0.6 in February. I definitely have a lot of issues around fear that I’m trying to resolve, and they have improved a lot with adding more salt and minerals. Thank you for the sound recommendations, I actually just started swimming too. :). What herbs do you like? I’ve been drinking lemon balm and passionflower tinctures at night in hot water with honey. But then I have to wake up to pee so I think I’ll have to change around when I take them (it’s just that they make me so sleepy it’s perfect for bed time).

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Someone here with an entrepreneurial spirit and extra time should come up with a makeup line.:D

Jennifer

Oh that’s interesting. My creatinine was 0.6 in February. I definitely have a lot of issues around fear that I’m trying to resolve, and they have improved a lot with adding more salt and minerals. Thank you for the sound recommendations, I actually just started swimming too. :). What herbs do you like? I’ve been drinking lemon balm and passionflower tinctures at night in hot water with honey. But then I have to wake up to pee so I think I’ll have to change around when I take them (it’s just that they make me so sleepy it’s perfect for bed time).
Good for you for working on your fears! :) It's tough! And that's great that you started swimming! So much fun! Ahh...yeah, I used to put my tinctures in juice or directly in my mouth (I get the alcohol-free ones) to prevent needing to pee during the night.

For sleep, I like passion flower and even more so chamomile simply because of its flavor. It reminds me of apple. :) My other tinctures contain multiple herbs. The doctor I follow (he's also a master herbalist) says they're more powerful that way. My kidney tincture contains – dandelion leaf, cornsilk, juniper berry, goldenrod leaf, couch grass root, parsley, horsetail, stinging nettle leaf and cordyceps, and my adrenal tincture contains – eleuthero root, cleavers herb, kelp frond powder, parsley leaf, ho shou wu root, saw palmetto berry, chaste tree berry (vitex), juniper berry, dandelion root and leaf and rhodiola root.

Just in case this may be of help, below is more info on which herbs target the kidneys and adrenals (many of the herbs for the adrenals also target all other endocrine glands) and what exactly they're good for. Note – I put extra info next to some of the herbs that I think Peaters in particular might appreciate. From my source book.

GLANDULAR SYSTEM

STRUCTURES – The pituitary gland, pineal gland, thyroid and parathyroid glands, thymus, adrenal glands, pancreas (Islets of Langerhans), glands within the intestinal mucosa, ovaries and testes.

SINGLE HERBS – DETOXIFIERS
* Bugleweed Leaf
* Dandelion Leaf
* Parsley Leaf
* Poke Root (like blood root, it's very strong (especially great for cancers/tumors) so use caution when dosing)
* Kelp (I find it sometimes raises TSH on blood tests)
* Saw Palmetto Berries

SINGLE HERBS – STRENGTHENERS
* Licorice Root (only use in cases of hypotension since it raises BP)
* Astragalus Root
* Panax Ginseng Root (estrogenic so only use in rare cases of a true estrogen deficiency)
* Siberian Ginseng Root
* Kelp
* Saw Palmetto Berries
* Chaste Tree Berries (Vitex)
* Hawthorn Berries
* Bugleweed
* Dandelion Leaf
* Parsley Leaf
* False Unicorn Root

URINARY SYSTEM

STRUCTURES – Kidneys, bladder, ureter and urethra.

SINGLE HERBS – DETOXIFIERS
* Corn Silk
* Juniper Berries
* Saw Palmetto Berries
* Pipsissewa
* Uva Ursi
* Couch Grass Root
* Parsley
* Dandelion Leaf

* Juniper Berries
* Saw Palmetto Berries
* Pipsissewa
* Uva Ursi
* Lespedeza
* Couch Grass Root
* Parsley
* Dandelion Leaf

And I'm including the following system because the herbs listed also strengthen the adrenal glands, which in turn increases low neurotransmitter production, strengthening the nervous system.

NERVOUS SYSTEM

STRUCTURES – The brain, spinal cord (Central Nervous System), the Autonomic Nervous System, sensory organs (eyes, nose, olfactory nerves, etc.).

* Gotu Kola
* Ginkgo Biloba
* Skullcap
* Kelp
* Saw Palmetto Berries
* Chaste Tree Berries
* Panax Ginseng
* Siberian Ginseng
* Parsley Root and Leaf
* Hawthorn Berries
* Astragalus Root
* Licorice Root

SINGLE HERBS – ANTISPASMODICS
* Lobelia
* St. John's Wort
* California Poppy
* Passion Flower
* Skullcap

SINGLE HERBS – RELAXANTS
* Valerian
* St. John's Wort
* Passion Flower
* California Poppy

Jennifer

Someone here with an entrepreneurial spirit and extra time should come up with a makeup line.:D
Seriously! They could name their line Blossom. :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals