Ray Peat Intersectional Feminist Facebook Group

I figured I'd share this for those who may be interested:

"Welcome to Ray Peat Women. This is an international and intersectional ‘safe space’, primarily established to discuss female issues, with a Ray Peat backdrop. Many of us feel that Ray Peat is pro-feminism, anti-establishment, anti-authoritarian and an advocate of women. This group is open to women and men to discuss issues with respect and without hate speech, judgement or splaining.

A rough guide to our discussion topics:

• Feminism, particularly from a Peat-esque perspective

• Ray Peat’s articles and views on women

• Women's health issues, such as fertility, weight, body image, emotions

• Accessing healthcare as a woman or any marginalised group

• Health vs image and beauty

• Mother, child, relationship and family issues

• Size acceptance

• Health at every size (HAES)

• Racism and other intersections, such as ableism, homophobia etc

• Demonisation of food and lifestyle habits

• Sex and sexuality

• Reproductive health and family planning services

• Health, poverty and other types of privilege and oppression

• General feminism discussion for Ray Peat followers

• Any Ray Peat or health related issue you feel unable to discuss in other groups.

Group policy (please read before posting)

All people entering this safe space are making an agreement to:

• Respect the pronouns, names, and identities of everyone. Do not assume anyone’s gender identity, sexual preference, survivor status, economic status, background, health, etc.

• Respect people’s opinions, beliefs, experiences and differing points of view.

• Be responsible for our own actions and aware of our prejudices and privileges.

• Notice if things are falling below an acceptable standard (healthy people speaking over less healthy people, men speaking over women, hetereosexual or cis people speaking over LGBT people, etc) and be prepared to intervene if/when this happens. Be vocal when you see others being disrespected, or when they have expressed that they are triggered or distressed by something.

• Be aware and remind themselves of the group policy.

• Respect everyone’s emotional and physical (in the case of meet ups) boundaries. Ask first before touching, and listen and change your behavior if someone tells you that you are making them uncomfortable.

• Be aware of their language and behavior, and to reflect thoughtfully and critically about the subtle and not-so-subtle ways in which language furthers social stigma and oppression.

• Be tolerant of other’s religious beliefs or lack thereof.

This is a violence and hate-free space with zero-tolerance for, for racism, ageism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, classism, sizeism, ableism (including mental illness), sexworker-phobia or for any other behavior or language that may perpetuate oppression. Admins may remove posts or comments, which violate these rules, without warning.

If you experience discrimination, abuse, harassment or violence of any kind from another group member, notify a moderator immediately."

If you don't know what "intersectionality" is, this video 'splains:

Last edited:
meh
tenor.gif

X3CyO

The left runs on pufa tho

x-ray peat

"Many of us feel that Ray Peat is pro-feminism, anti-establishment, anti-authoritarian and an advocate of women."

Ray is like a Rorschach test.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

I am pretty sure that Ray isn't even a feminist. He said he doesnt think the goal for women should be to become as authoritarian as men, but that we should all strive for something better

Last edited:

DaveFoster

The left runs on pufa tho
xgz9nkR.gif

Once upon a time, I felt incompetent and disillusioned about my life; I felt my descent into collectivism. My brain justified behaviors as inevitable and predetermined. I'm thankful for the experience. Healthy, adaptive people are apolitical. The proportion of their activism (and subsequent compulsion to change the world, and to change others) lies in direct proportion with their degree of experienced trauma. In the humanities of academia, there's the idea that fascism exists as a developmental adaptation to social trauma, and the same may be said of communism and its Marxist underpinnings.

It's important to not accept social trauma as a cause in and of itself. We wouldn't say a schizophrenic acts erratically because he hears voices. In the same way, we shouldn't say a person becomes violent and aggressive solely because of social ostracism; rather, there's an underlying pathology that causes the social maladaptation, and the subsequent ostracism could reinforce the behavior.

Last edited:

Lucenzo01

I can tell that every leftist I have seen has man boobs and the girls are almost always fat or ugly.

Stilgar

I like Lana Del Rey's opinion on feminism, "For me, the issue of feminism is just not an interesting concept. I'm more interested in, you know, SpaceX and Tesla, what's going to happen with our intergalactic possibilities. Whenever people bring up feminism, I'm like, God. I'm just not really that interested."

X3CyO

Can't wait for your cells to turn ancap LOL

what does that mean? i dont follow politics.

xgz9nkR.gif

Once upon a time, I felt incompetent and disillusioned about my life; I felt my descent into collectivism. My brain justified behaviors as inevitable and predetermined. I'm thankful for the experience. Healthy, adaptive people are apolitical. The proportion of their activism (and subsequent compulsion to change the world, and to change others) lies in direct proportion with their degree of experienced trauma. In the humanities of academia, there's the idea that fascism exists as a developmental adaptation to social trauma, and the same may be said of communism and its Marxist underpinnings.

It's important to not accept social trauma as a cause in and of itself. We wouldn't say a schizophrenic acts erratically because he hears voices. In the same way, we shouldn't say a person becomes violent and aggressive solely because of social ostracism; rather, there's an underlying pathology that causes the social maladaptation, and the subsequent ostracism could reinforce the behavior.

this^

same

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals