Peatyish Beauty Enhancement Products

And body cleaning products too..shampoos, soaps etc.

@Rinse & rePeat, (and any other women) thought I start a thread along these lines….since Rinse, we were kinda discussing these things in your old people in public jacuzzi’s thread 😁 ……and Sharpie Grocho Marx eyebrows.

Thought this had a pretty good list of pro peatyish makeup products. Some I have tried, others seem kind of questionable.

For example, I like Burt’s Bees products, but they still have some ingredients I’m kinda on the fence about:

And 6 completely organic cosmetics brands – chemicals and cruelty free

I’ve used Avalon organics and such, shampoos ok, but the conditioners….so so

Jason ( not mentioned in that article) is meh….not too thrilled with their shampoos. Jason products are weird…they are sticky and tacky and don’t seem to clean very well

I’ve used a few of these makeup products, but some don’t seem all that organic or healthy:

Let’s discuss…

stoic

I looked up a few of them out of curiosity and immediately found poisonous seed oils and estrogenic aloe vera listed, as well as numerous superfluous and potentially harmful ingredients.

Natural does not mean healthy, and when it comes to health products, I would rather buy single, unaltered ingredients than products so complex you can't possibly tell what is helping or harming you...

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I looked up a few of them out of curiosity and immediately found poisonous seed oils and estrogenic aloe vera listed, as well as numerous superfluous and potentially harmful ingredients.

Natural does not mean healthy, and when it comes to health products, I would rather buy single, unaltered ingredients than products so complex you can't possibly tell what is helping or harming you...
Yeah, I know. Not too happy about that.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Guess we have to look for products that have say, A coconut oil base.

eimearrose

Guess we have to look for products that have say, A coconut oil base.
Tallow based might be OK too. I use a UK brand called Remnant beauty. Tallow balms and also a nice olive oil and royal jelly face balm. They now have some make up type products but I personally haven't tried them, I don't really wear make up (maybe mascara a few times a year for a special occasion). I try to do well with stuff that stays on my skin, I'll admit to being less fussy about what I use in my hair because it's dead and the stuff gets rinsed off. I get my hair highlighted and I have not found a completely unproblematic product that doesn't make my hair dry as ****.

Smelly5

Saturee

golder

I really liked ForeverHealthyHair's product called 'Lush'. It had tallow, pregnenolone, shea butter, cholesterol, squalene, vitamin A, camphor and a few other things in it. They just stopped shipping to the UK so I'll now not be able to get my hands on it again, slightly gutted! For the record, I have absolutely loads of Peaty substances that can be quite hard to get hold of, so if anyone is from the US/Canada and can forward this skincare product on to me in the UK, I would be happy to post anything in return! Thanks :)

catharsis

For the basic soaps and everyday products, I have found Dr. Bronner's or other castile soaps to be effective. Body wash, face wash, cleaning supply, etc. I use about 50/50 coconut oil and baking soda as a deodorant (with whatever CO left on my hands as a moisturizer for the day, with the excess baking soda washed off). You can add essential oils or other things into this mix if you would like (I like cedar or sandalwood). If my skin is really dry or there are other problems, a 50/50 mix of lanolin and coconut oil seems to be really good for hormone production (add haidut's EstroBan if you really want to up the benefit).

For things like mascara, I am not sure what you could do... I think improving thyroid function (and increasing progesterone?) increases eyelash length. Improving thyroid status definitely helps with eyebrow fullness. For other things like pimples and breakouts, liberal use of oral aspirin and coconut oil on the skin has removed basically all my skin problems.

I remember reading from @akgrrrl and maybe from @Rinse & rePeat about their usage of dried beets as a natural lipstick colorant. I would imagine you could use a light amount of powdered charcoal or ash as a shadow but I am not well versed in makeup, let alone finding natural alternatives. There are some homesteading accounts on twitter that talk about different natural sources of dyes for linen and other natural fabric. That could be a good source of additional colors for some makeup.

catharsis

I really liked ForeverHealthyHair's product called 'Lush'. It had tallow, pregnenolone, shea butter, cholesterol, squalene, vitamin A, camphor and a few other things in it. They just stopped shipping to the UK so I'll now not be able to get my hands on it again, slightly gutted! For the record, I have absolutely loads of Peaty substances that can be quite hard to get hold of, so if anyone is from the US/Canada and can forward this skincare product on to me in the UK, I would be happy to post anything in return! Thanks :)

Is this @Blossom 's site? It looks really good, maybe up the contrast a bit on the text on your product description pages. Linked below.

golder

Last edited:

Jennifer

HAIR & SKIN CARE

https://www.essentialnaturaloils.com/floral-waxes (makes a nice hair wax and conditioner for ends)

Organic Ayurvedic Face Cream-100 Times Washed Ghee - Etsy

100x Washed Rosewater Ghee — Wellness By Helen

HYDROSOLS & FLORAL WATERS

SUNSCREEN

ABSOLUTES & ESSENTIAL OILS

PERFUMES

Anya's Garden Perfumes | 100 % Natural Perfumes

MAKEUP

Last edited:

Kram

This company has really solid products.

This is a good sunscreen:

Amazon product ASIN B08G32Z99RView: https://www.amazon.com/Shwally-SunBalm-Original-Non-Nano-Pregnancy/dp/B08G32Z99R

OP
FocusedOnHealth
For the basic soaps and everyday products, I have found Dr. Bronner's or other castile soaps to be effective. Body wash, face wash, cleaning supply, etc. I use about 50/50 coconut oil and baking soda as a deodorant (with whatever CO left on my hands as a moisturizer for the day, with the excess baking soda washed off). You can add essential oils or other things into this mix if you would like (I like cedar or sandalwood). If my skin is really dry or there are other problems, a 50/50 mix of lanolin and coconut oil seems to be really good for hormone production (add haidut's EstroBan if you really want to up the benefit).

For things like mascara, I am not sure what you could do... I think improving thyroid function (and increasing progesterone?) increases eyelash length. Improving thyroid status definitely helps with eyebrow fullness. For other things like pimples and breakouts, liberal use of oral aspirin and coconut oil on the skin has removed basically all my skin problems.

I remember reading from @akgrrrl and maybe from @Rinse & rePeat about their usage of dried beets as a natural lipstick colorant. I would imagine you could use a light amount of powdered charcoal or ash as a shadow but I am not well versed in makeup, let alone finding natural alternatives. There are some homesteading accounts on twitter that talk about different natural sources of dyes for linen and other natural fabric. That could be a good source of additional colors for some makeup.
I love Dr. Bronner’s products 😊

For a really natural “shampoo” I was reading the other day that baking soda and water are good. Haven’t tried it but the person said it left their hair nice and shiny.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
HAIR & SKIN CARE

https://www.essentialnaturaloils.com/floral-waxes (makes a nice hair wax and conditioner for ends)

SUNSCREEN

PERFUMES

MAKEUP

Thank you! That’s a great list of products ❤️

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Thank you! That’s a great list of products ❤️
HAIR & SKIN CARE

SUNSCREEN

PERFUMES

MAKEUP

Have you tried A Simple Planet brand of shampoos/conditioners?

Advocate2021

I love Dr. Bronner’s products 😊

For a really natural “shampoo” I was reading the other day that baking soda and water are good. Haven’t tried it but the person said it left their hair nice and shiny.
Dr. Bronner uses PUFA oils last i checked. I compromise a little as get my hair highlighted- healthier than full on single process on the scalp. i also get keratin treatments . so when the hair is treated cant get away with baking soda. I have been using karagreen shampoo and condition and Pravana purple shampoo and seem ok although i know they are not perfect. have to pick your evils sometimes for the sake of beauty. The main things i try to avoid are Pufa oils ( pravana has sunflower seed but its fairly low on the label) and toxic chemicals like methylcinnimate which is in a lot of hair products.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom