Female Corner

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh, I'm sorry for the confusion! When I said an abundance of fruit, I didn't mean to imply an all fruit diet. Sure, Dr. morse suggests pulling out the big guns when degeneration is at a point where dis-eases have manifested in the body such as tumors, but even he has suggested eggs in very depleted cases and cautions that there are times when the fruit can be too aggressive and we need to slow the detoxing down. Umm...think of it like PUFA depletion and how people use tools to combat the negative symptoms they would otherwise experience? In Dr. M's case, things like having some cooked veggies would be a tool.

Personally, when my mum wanted to jump headfirst into an all fruit diet, coming from a heavy meat and grain based diet and serious illness, I warned her not to since in my experience, that is the surest way to never want to look at another piece of fruit ever again. For her, I suggested that if she wanted to go the plant-based route that she might try omitting some of the bigger offenders* and more of what Arnold Ehret recommended as a transitional diet since she isn't satisfied on fruit alone and loves veggies, especially roasted. Dr. Morse was influenced by Arnold Ehret so...

*From Ray's acidity and alkalinity interview:

"Herb Doctor: Let's talk about that subject a little bit more. The residue you said that's like what's left behind once the food source has been metabolized. That's what actually dictates whether a food is alkaline or acidic

RP: Yeah, and grains, nuts, beans and meat do have a very acidic residue or ash after they're metabolized. And the biggest part of that in meat and nuts and grains is phosphate. Proteins have a lot of sulfur that turns into sulfuric acid when it's metabolized. And with those it is possible to do biological harm eating too much of those and not enough of the potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium."

Ray Peat

With that being said, you seem to have been making such great strides before that period of stress hit, stress being something I believe no diet can fully prevent us from feeling some negative effects of, so it seems to me you were on your correct path. I can assure you my perfect fruitarian diet (lol) didn't protect me from the effects of a broken heart. That took some major inner work on my self (non-physical) and my life, which is the hardest thing IMO. I know it's hard but if you have a deep knowing that what you've been doing is right for you, maybe don't let this setback shake your confidence in it?

For a little woo since I can never seem to leave a comment without including at least some (lol), our pituitary is in the area of our "Third Eye." That's the area of intuition. Intuition requires a lot of trust and faith IMO in a world that thrives on the concrete, the studies, you know? But the way I see it, at the end of the day, we're just a bunch of energy, and intuition is an energetic feeling so it's really powerful. Where ever there is degeneration, I like to consider if I may be neglecting an aspect of myself that the dis-eased area represents.

For me, my biggest struggle has been with speaking out, standing up for myself and this fear of my voice being heard, which goes all the way back to the molestation when I was a little girl. That is of course the throat area which just so happens to be the area of my parathyroid glands, the glands that suffered major degeneration, almost taking out my spine completely. It may be just a coincidence, but I don't feel so. I can't prove it but I have this feeling, an innate knowing, that in order for me to get my spine back to as good as new, I must first have one. :)
I agree with everything you have said! I experienced molestation as a child and oddly the memories didn't surface until a few years ago when I started getting my health back. Apparently I had repressed/suppressed what occurred. I suppose we need a certain amount of energy to be able face things. I also suffered from a broken heart more recently but it is mending. The only thing that has carried me through all of this is my faith.

The odd thing is that my health otherwise seems better than ever. I'm not too discouraged -I just see it as a challenge and I'm glad I know what to do to get back in balance. I feel like this is all just part of the process of restoration.

I do have days where I crave a lot of fruit and my meat and grain consumption isn't what I'd consider excessive. All of my meat and grains come from shared family meals otherwise I'm completely satisfied with fruit and dairy. I probably won't make many radical changes to my current way of eating anytime soon because it seems to be working well for me but at the same time I'm interested in Dr. Morse's perspective especially related to the parathyroid.

Thanks for your helpful reply @Jennifer.:kisscheek

Jennifer

Oh, my pleasure, @Blossom! I'm happy I could help some. :):

I'm very sorry you experienced all that, too. You and I seem to have shared very similar experiences. It's alarming to me how many people I know who were molested. In fact, like you, one of them had repressed the memories up until a few years ago. Come to think of it, she was taking high doses of Progest-E at the time. Dr. Morse considers progesterone a base and estrogen an acid so if he's right, she would have been giving herself a good dose of base chemistry, which is healing.

It almost seems like what Dr. Morse calls "emotional detox." As the body is healing and dumping acids, old emotions can be stirred up with it to be eliminated. He classifies the negative ones as being on the acidic side of the pH scale (1 – 3pH). I suppose it's what some refer to as being eaten alive by negative emotions if not released? I've stirred up quite a bit of cr*p during these past 2+ years. Good times! :rolleyes: I joke but I do feel so much better for it. Like being set free.

That's so awesome that your health seems better than ever! So yeah, it may just be part of the process of restoration. Actually, Dr. Morse and the RBTI community believe that old injuries and weaknesses can be felt again as the body is regenerating the tissue. Dr. Morse mentions how the scar tissue, that forms after an injury when the area is overly acidic, will dissolve and regenerate properly when alkalizing the body. I can't be sure without scans but I believe I may have experienced this myself.

Six months ago I felt the same intense pain in the area where I had torn cartilage in my chest 8 years prior. It came on all of a sudden. I went to bed one night and couldn't roll over without feeling the pain. I panicked for a moment thinking my diet was doing me harm, but the pain lasted for only a few days and now I can stretch my chest wide without feeling any resistance, if that makes sense?

This whole regeneration thing has been quite the ride! lol

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It's alarming to me how many people I know who were molested
Yes, quite alarming! Sadly my brother and 5 of my neighborhood friends growing up were molested and those are just the ones I personally know about.
It's nice to hear you know someone who experienced the same thing with repressed memories resurfacing. I know people often think these memories are fabricated and I would have had a hard time believing it myself had I not experienced it first hand. It's not fun but better than having it buried for a lifetime. Prior to that I had a underlying level of fear that was my constant companion which is now gone. Everything makes more sense. I also believe there can be emotional blocks that impact us physically. The mind-body connection is no joke!
Six months ago I felt the same intense pain in the area where I had torn cartilage in my chest 8 years prior. It came on all of a sudden. I went to bed one night and couldn't roll over without feeling the pain. I panicked for a moment thinking my diet was doing me harm, but the pain lasted for only a few days and now I can stretch my chest wide without feeling any resistance, if that makes sense?
It's often tricky to differentiate healing pain from from degenerative/injury pain. I'm glad yours was the regenerative type!
It almost seems like what Dr. Morse calls "emotional detox."
That's exactly what it felt like! I've definitely become more open minded over the last several years and certainly feel I'm on a more positive trajectory. The journey isn't over but I feel more whole and balanced than I ever imagined was possible.
Good talking with you @Jennifer!

catan

Idk about their safety, but I tried the "medical grade silicone" Skoon menstrual cup and it was painful to insert/remove when I still had cramps.
I decided even if it wasn't painful, it was still very messy to remove, and paranoid about reinserting it after cleaning in public restrooms! (THE GERMS!
This may sound gross, but I bought a pair of period proof underwear (thinx brand U.S.), that can hold up to 2 tampons worth of blood. You might want to look into those, you can buy a set of 3 and get a discount and I believe they will give you a refund if you're not satisfied.

I have found the Sckoon cup to be easier to insert due it it’s flexibility (as opposed to the thicker Mooncup). It has taken a lot of practice to remove it just right so I don’t drop the cup into the toilet or spill blood all over myself! In public bathrooms, I have taken a bottle of water to rinse the cup out, but ideally I would have enough protection (including adding a thick cloth pad) so I don’t have to rinse in a public restroom.

I found out about sea sponges and trying that out now.

I’ve been hearing a lot about thinx. How do you wash them?

bionicheart

Lunapads look even better then THINX, because their model is made of cotton - must be more pleasant for the body.
EDIT: @Pompadour THINX makes an organic cotton version now, that's what I use!
I have found the Sckoon cup to be easier to insert due it it’s flexibility (as opposed to the thicker Mooncup). It has taken a lot of practice to remove it just right so I don’t drop the cup into the toilet or spill blood all over myself! In public bathrooms, I have taken a bottle of water to rinse the cup out, but ideally I would have enough protection (including adding a thick cloth pad) so I don’t have to rinse in a public restroom.

I found out about sea sponges and trying that out now.

I’ve been hearing a lot about thinx. How do you wash them?
I just rinse mine under the faucet first,(or don't bother if it's a light day/only spotting, kinda gross, just being honest!) then throw them in with my regular darks on cold...
But here's what their website says under FAQ:
How do I wash my underwear?
"We recommend that you rinse them by hand first, and then throw them in the cold wash with the rest of your delicates! DON’T use fabric softener as it prevents the antimicrobial and moisture-wicking treatments from working. Finally, hang dry."

Jennifer

Blossom said:
Yes, quite alarming! Sadly my brother and 5 of my neighborhood friends growing up were molested and those are just the ones I personally know about.
Oh, my! It really is sad and I often wonder who got to those who molest. I was molested by my childhood friend's older sister and over the years I've wondered what was done to her or in the very least, what she had been exposed to. It seems these things have a way of repeating themselves.

Though I harbor no anger toward her, I won't be sitting down with her for coffee anytime soon because where I didn't before, I now have enough self-worth to not allow myself to be around someone who has such little love for herself that she would take advantage of others like that.
Blossom said:
It's nice to hear you know someone who experienced the same thing with repressed memories resurfacing. I know people often think these memories are fabricated and I would have had a hard time believing it myself had I not experienced it first hand. It's not fun but better than having it buried for a lifetime. Prior to that I had a underlying level of fear that was my constant companion which is now gone. Everything makes more sense. I also believe there can be emotional blocks that impact us physically. The mind-body connection is no joke!
It makes sense to me that these memories can be repressed, especially in children because as children it's harder for us to fully understand what's happening and I would think repression is a way of protecting ourselves?

But yeah, I completely agree! I do feel emotional blocks are a form of energy that impact us physically as much as say, food. And I can understand what you mean about the underlying fear being a constant companion that is now gone. I feel the same way!
Blossom said:
That's exactly what it felt like! I've definitely become more open minded over the last several years and certainly feel I'm on a more positive trajectory. The journey isn't over but I feel more whole and balanced than I ever imagined was possible.
Good talking with you @Jennifer!
That's so awesome, Blossom! I'm really happy for you! It's been nice talking with you, too! :)

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Jennifer and others, I just posted this in the life giving store cocoa powder thread but thought it might interest some women here looking for safe makeup options. I tried cocoa powder as a bronzer today and it looks nice! It's been winter here forever and I was longing for a bit of color when it dawned on me to try brushing a bit on my cheeks. It's an instant subtle sun kissed glow and I love the look and feel good about putting it on my skin.

Nicole W.

@Jennifer and others, I just posted this in the life giving store cocoa powder thread but thought it might interest some women here looking for safe makeup options. I tried cocoa powder as a bronzer today and it looks nice! It's been winter here forever and I was longing for a bit of color when it dawned on me to try brushing a bit on my cheeks. It's an instant subtle sun kissed glow and I love the look and feel good about putting it on my skin.
Cool! What a great idea! I’m going to try it today.

Nicole W.

Inspired by the Travis Corner thread title I thought I'd start a Female Corner thread.

I've been thinking it would be nice to have a designated space for women to ask questions of other women and share experiences. I personally have no problem whatsoever with males chiming in when they have valuable information to share that they have learned from the women in their life, knowledge from working with women on health issues or things of scientific value.

Let's face it- most of us probably don't know a lot of other women IRL who are familiar with Peat's work that we could turn to for advice, input or opinions.

At present we seem to have a more active male presence on the forum which is fine and great but I would still like to have our women members feel there is a space where they feel comfortable posting about uniquely female topics. I hate the thought of someone not asking a question for fear of ridicule and I know it's happened.

Ladies, let me know what you think? If there doesn't seem to be a need I can always delete the thread.
Hi Blossom,

I’ve noticed from some of your previous comments that you’re a fan of Pregnenolone. I’ve just started using StressNon, I’m about 4 days in using 2-3 drops a day which seems to be the sweet spot for me. Over all, great results... morning fatigue is gone, improved outlook, just feel more like my old self. Quite excited over this product.

BUT...my hair has become quite dry over night. Almost unrecognizable. I’m hoping hair fall is not the next step. Preg is the only thing I’ve changed so I know it’s that. Have you experienced this side affect? I’m trying to understand how Preg might be inducing dry hair. Any thoughts? Anyone? Thanks in advance for any forth coming responses!

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom,

I’ve noticed from some of your previous comments that you’re a fan of Pregnenolone. I’ve just started using StressNon, I’m about 4 days in using 2-3 drops a day which seems to be the sweet spot for me. Over all, great results... morning fatigue is gone, improved outlook, just feel more like my old self. Quite excited over this product.

BUT...my hair has become quite dry over night. Almost unrecognizable. I’m hoping hair fall is not the next step. Preg is the only thing I’ve changed so I know it’s that. Have you experienced this side affect? I’m trying to understand how Preg might be inducing dry hair. Any thoughts? Anyone? Thanks in advance for any forth coming responses!
Sorry, I haven't noticed that from pregnenolone but we are all different. @haidut might have some input since he has researched it in depth. I hope someone who knows more will reply!

Nicole W.

Sorry, I haven't noticed that from pregnenolone but we are all different. @haidut might have some input since he has researched it in depth. I hope someone who knows more will reply!
Thanks Blossom, I appreciate your reply. I’ll see if he has any thoughts...

Jennifer

Ooh...that's a great idea! Probably smells good, too! Haha!

Speaking of a sun kissed glow – we finally had sun and warm enough temps here to sunbathe without freezing so I went out and got some sun for about 20 minutes two days ago and I already have a tan. I used to only tan when I was really young and during the 2 years I followed 80/10/10, and now the last 2+ years I've been eating a fruitarian diet. Does anyone know what causes burning or prevents it?

I've read some saying PUFAs, but I've been eating up to 5 avocados almost daily since Fall so it doesn't seem to be that, in my case. I think I've read where Ray mentions higher vitamin D levels being protective, but I discovered my levels were extremely deficient by the end of my 80/10/10 stint so it doesn't seem to be that, either. Could it be due to the antioxidants? I'm not sure if Ray has ever mentioned this?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ooh...that's a great idea! Probably smells good, too! Haha!

Speaking of a sun kissed glow – we finally had sun and warm enough temps here to sunbathe without freezing so I went out and got some sun for about 20 minutes two days ago and I already have a tan. I used to only tan when I was really young and for the 2 years I followed 80/10/10 and now the last 2+ years I've been eating a fruitarian diet. Does anyone know what causes burning or prevents it?

I've read some saying PUFAs, but I've been eating up to 5 avocados almost daily since Fall so it doesn't seem to be that, in my case. I think I've read where Ray mentions higher vitamin D levels being protective, but I discovered my levels were extremely deficient by the end of my 80/10/10 stint so it doesn't seem to be that, either. Could it be due to the antioxidants? I'm not sure if Ray has ever mentioned this?
I don't know but YAY for a tan!!!

Jennifer

@Blossom – Haha! Yes, it's nice not feeling the sting from a burn.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom – Haha! Yes, it's nice not feeling the sting from a burn.
I was walking my dog on this beautiful sunny day and thinking about your post. I doubt you're storing any significant amount of pufa in your tissues with your diet. My skin burned on high pufa SAD but didn't burn when I did paleo with loads of pufa and I think it was probably because I burned off the fat I ate immediately. Now I don't think paleo was good for me but since I wasn't eating gluten (I'm celiac) and wasn't storing pufa it was still in some respects an improvement. I think part of it is the pufa in our tissues that contributes to sunburn. My current opinion is that a high fruit diet is probably optimal for humans when possible. Well enough of my ramblings-I definitely think it's a positive sign.

Jennifer

@Blossom – Ah, okay. That makes sense. Well, I'm glad because I don't want to give up my love affair with avocados, especially now since I came across a crop of super sweet creamy ones. I've never had ones so sweet. I'm currently on an avocado and OJ kick, something about the two together balances my sugars nicely. Anyhow, the avos' sweetness surpasses the OJ's. Crazy!

Oh, and ramble any time! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. :)

denise

It seems like the sea sponge with a reusable pad or period panties could be a good combination. Almost makes me wish I had the opportunity to try it out myself!:lol:
I've used both the sea sponge and still do use a menstrual cup, so I thought I'd chime in.

The sponges do work and are very comfortable to use, but you definitely have to use a backup because if you go too long and then sneeze or cough, you can end up squeezing blood out onto your underwear. Not cool!

I've been using the Keeper cup for many years. It saved my sanity when I was dealing with fibroids and bleeding probably close to a pint every month.

I haven't used THINX, but I'd like to try them.

denise

From talking to haidut in the pansterone thread I think my low progesterone and testosterone is from my pituitary tumor flaring up again. I've been battling this for 11 years and have had good results over the last 4 years from Peat inspired living but I think it's time to go back on meds for a bit to get my levels in check. I didn't want to face the fact that it could be my prolactinoma but at least I know what to do to get back on track.
I had a similar moment about a month ago when I had to face the fact that my thyroid is growing again. Three years ago I had most of it removed because it was growing very quickly down into my mediastinum, pushing on my trachea and likely to eventually start pressing on my aorta. The surgery bought me some time, but of course it didn't solve the problem. Fortunately now I feel like I'm in a better place to really implement some things that'll make a difference, whereas 3 years ago there was just too much going on. I just hope my plan works!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals