Peatyish Beauty Enhancement Products

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Omg is this Blossoms?! That's amazing, I had absolutely no idea! Maybe I can beg her to send it to me in the UK as a fellow Peat lover (happy to take all the risk and not fussed on insurance/tracking etc).
Oh, if this is Blossom’s website we should check it out!

Advocate2021

Is it a moisturizer?
No its a serum. Vitamin A is a classic nighttime anti again treatment . it has glycolic as well- very clean formula. the whole vital therapy line is the cleanest and peatiest i have every found- although some products have pufa . i mainly have used the A product and the vitamin C and caffeine.

Advocate2021

No its a serum. Vitamin A is a classic nighttime anti again treatment . it has glycolic as well- very clean formula. the whole vital therapy line is the cleanest and peatiest i have every found- although some products have pufa . i mainly have used the A product and the vitamin C and caffeine.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Dr. Bronner uses PUFA oils last i checked. I compromise a little as get my hair highlighted- healthier than full on single process on the scalp. i also get keratin treatments . so when the hair is treated cant get away with baking soda. I have been using karagreen shampoo and condition and Pravana purple shampoo and seem ok although i know they are not perfect. have to pick your evils sometimes for the sake of beauty. The main things i try to avoid are Pufa oils ( pravana has sunflower seed but its fairly low on the label) and toxic chemicals like methylcinnimate which is in a lot of hair products.
Do they? ☹️ I use the Pure Castile Bar Soap for my face. It says it has:

50FDC993-2BB6-4745-A57E-596AA2FE78CA.jpeg

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I will check that out 😉👍

Advocate2021

Do they? ☹️ I use the Pure Castile Bar Soap for my face. It says it has:

View attachment 44346
Hemp oil is very high in Pufa but its the 6th ingredient so maybe not a lot but i probably would not use it. You have gorgeous skin though in your picture so you must be doing something right. British women are known for their beautiful skin!

Advocate2021

Hemp oil is very high in Pufa but its the 6th ingredient so maybe not a lot but i probably would not use it. You have gorgeous skin though in your picture so you must be doing something right. British women are known for their beautiful skin!
James B had the British reference in response to one of your posts i see actually so you may not be British but you still have beautiful skin.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I’m not British, but thank you 😊 I think since I’ve been using biotin, grape seed extract, increasing my saturated fat and milk, that this has contributed to my skin quality. A few years ago, I suffered from redness having sensitive skin, but since I have been using all these things, my skin has really benefited. Oh, and eating oranges and taking Vit. C faithfully.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Oh boy, that’s not good about the hemp oil. Dr. Bronner, ya let me down

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Omg is this Blossoms?! That's amazing, I had absolutely no idea! Maybe I can beg her to send it to me in the UK as a fellow Peat lover (happy to take all the risk and not fussed on insurance/tracking etc).
It’s not mine but it looks pretty cool.

Jennifer

Have you tried A Simple Planet brand of shampoos/conditioners?

Yes, I’ve been using the shampoo for about 5 years now. I also use it as my face and body cleanser. It’s the closest thing to no poo that I could find that was shelf stable—you can make a cleanser by boiling soap nuts, but it goes rancid quickly whereas, A Simple Planets’ shampoo has probiotics as the preservative. I was using baking soda with an apple cider vinegar rinse previously, but found this caused a lot of breakage. I don’t know if it would be okay for shorter hair, but mine is mid-thigh length.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Yes, I’ve been using the shampoo for about 5 years now. I also use it as my face and body cleanser. It’s the closest thing to no poo that I could find that was shelf stable—you can make a cleanser by boiling soap nuts, but it goes rancid quickly whereas, A Simple Planets’ shampoo has probiotics as the preservative. I was using baking soda with an apple cider vinegar rinse previously, but found this caused a lot of breakage. I don’t know if it would be okay for shorter hair, but mine is mid-thigh length.
Yeah, I was wondering about the baking soda, if it would be damaging or not. Glad you said that. My hair is fine and long too, and can tend to get breakage if I’m not careful. Plus I have some highlights so I don’t want to use anything harsh.

Does the Simple Planet shampoo lather well? That’s the problem I find with some organic shampoos. They don’t lather well.

catan

I use these shampoo and body bars (Coconut Milk Shampoo and Body Bar (Fragrance Free)) and have found they work quite well. I have also used the shampoo & body bar from the Life Giving Store (Shampoo & Body Bar - Basic).

Lip balms and lotions I make with beeswax, coconut oil, cacao butter, and olive oil. I make a big jar twice a year and use it on face and body.

I have tried making sunscreen with zinc oxide and coconut oil but now I just stay out of the sun when it's really strong and I found I don't burn easily. I have used Badger sunscreen on my kids before.

I'm experimenting with making deodorant for my husband, using arrowroot powder, baking soda, and coconut oil.

So I have eschewed anti-aging products out of simplicity and just not caring and having the luxury of youth, and now I am re-evaluating that. How important is it?

Jennifer

Yeah, I was wondering about the baking soda, if it would be damaging or not. Glad you said that. My hair is fine and long too, and can tend to get breakage if I’m not careful. Plus I have some highlights so I don’t want to use anything harsh.

Does the Simple Planet shampoo lather well? That’s the problem I find with some organic shampoos. They don’t lather well.

Yeah, I suspect the baking soda’s alkalinity was to blame and would be hesitant to use it with highlighted/color treated hair. I figure there’s a reason why hair care companies make shampoos and conditioners pH balanced. I think Simple Planet’s shampoo lathers well, but not as much as commercial shampoos.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Yeah, I suspect the baking soda’s alkalinity was to blame and would be hesitant to use it with highlighted/color treated hair. I figure there’s a reason why hair care companies make shampoos and conditioners pH balanced. I think Simple Planet’s shampoo lathers well, but not as much as commercial shampoos.
Thanks! I think I may try it 😉

L_C

I make my own skincare. The most peaty it can be. There is still a learning curve to learn about the stabilizers but so far I like the way it's coming out.

golder

I make my own skincare. The most peaty it can be. There is still a learning curve to learn about the stabilizers but so far I like the way it's coming out.
Could you share some more details/experiments/findings/advice etc. Sounds like a great idea!

Advocate2021

Also after going around for years in NYC and then in Colorado at a high altitude using celtic complexion and then waxhead sticks because i am so fair and burn in 2 minutes, this last year, after copious research, i found a sunscreen that works and looks good too - almost just looks like a nice foundation. Mychelle |Repleinishing Solar Defense Body Lotion SPF 50 Water Resistant. 21 percent zinc oxide , no pufa issue and no toxic chemicals. Water resistance is important to me because all this peaty temperature raising causes me to sweat a lot and in Florida, sunscreen was virtually worthless- even this one- and had to always wear a hat. but when you dont live in a sauna, it works great Love it!!! Recommended by a Peat following beauty editor- michelle villet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom