Fat Loss In Face From Aging

M

marikay

I've been putting on Progest-E with dmso gel. It works to a small extent. My cheeks don't look as flat and dips are very slightly less deep. I also started drinking coffee, and that appears to help too. I could pass for 20 something!

I mix 2 drops of Progest-E and a small amount of DMSO, apply it to my mid and upper face for about a minute, then rinse off with water

I've never tried DMSO. Do you ever take ProgestE orally?

OP
T

Tumber

I've never tried DMSO. Do you ever take ProgestE orally?

Yes I tried it. Then I put it on without dmso and that helped slightly, then started drinking coffee, then the dmso-Progest-E combo did a bit more.

I'm thinking of leaving on the dmso for longer. It stings a bit though.

Last edited:

Pet Peeve

If I get diarrhea from drinking the wrong fruit juice e.g. then my face looks hollowed out and skin drooping, but if I can avoid diarrhea for a few days my face fills out again. The difference is like night and day.

tomisonbottom

If I get diarrhea from drinking the wrong fruit juice e.g. then my face looks hollowed out and skin drooping, but if I can avoid diarrhea for a few days my face fills out again. The difference is like night and day.

Wow....that's interesting. What kind of juice causes that issue? Does your face fill out if you add in more salt?

Pet Peeve

Wow....that's interesting. What kind of juice causes that issue? Does your face fill out if you add in more salt?

I don't know about the salt but it's becoming more and more clear to me that the processing of commercial fruit juices results in some serious issues. Peat has a list of safe fruits, e.g. Orange, but even the safe fruits have enzymatically altered pulp and fibers added back into them to increase volume. If you juice oranges yourself you'll see the color is not even, like in commercial juices. They also add flavors. I've read some people on here claiming that store bought orange juice gives them anxiety. I haven't had big problems with the more high quality orange juices but a few days ago I bought and drank a quart of grape juice for variation and my whole day was ruined with anxiety and diarrhea. My cheeks were hanging down. I'm sure it's the juice. I've had that grape juice and some mango before with the same symptoms but I didn't realize it was the juice. Now that I'm only on milk and juice it's obvious. I've eaten starch without any symptoms.

tomisonbottom

As I began to follow Ray's advice more closely, the circles under my eyes went away completely and they have never come back. Nowadays I use the ProgestE internally.

Marykay, where the dark circles hereditary? Or are they the kind that go away with enough sleep, etc? Because I've had those my whole life and have tried progest-E on my face and didn't notice a difference.

....taking pregnenolone has given me the best skin I've ever had. I'm 55 and could easily pass for someone in her late 30's.
The combination of pregnenolone and progesterone has been nothing short of miraculous for me as far as skin, hair, and eyes are concerned.

How long had you been taking pregnenolone before you noticed a big difference? Have you always looked a lot younger than your age or only after taking pregnenolone and Progest-E?

M

marikay

Marykay, where the dark circles hereditary? Or are they the kind that go away with enough sleep, etc? Because I've had those my whole life and have tried progest-E on my face and didn't notice a difference.

Hi. I'm not really sure if the dark circles are hereditary or not though I do notice my mom getting them from time to time when she does not get enough sleep. My skin tone is much more akin to my dad's side of the family and they never get dark circles, so that's why I say I am not sure.

I never had dark circles under my eyes until I reached my late forties and even then it only happened every once in a while. I used the ProgestE under my eyes mostly just to see if it would make any difference. It did. (I should also note that the only place I used ProgestE topically was under my eyes, never on the rest of my face or my neck.) But then the circles never came back so I didn't need to use the ProgestE for that anymore. I don't know for sure that progesterone made the dark circles stay away for good. It might have had more to do with my general health improving once I started peating. It may have also been due to the pregnenolone.

Wish I could say more with more certainty.

How long had you been taking pregnenolone before you noticed a big difference? Have you always looked a lot younger than your age or only after taking pregnenolone and Progest-E?

I took the pregnenolone mostly to see if it would help me sleep through the night. It did, right from the start. The benefits to my skin showed up after a couple of weeks of taking 100mgs of pregnenolone daily. It almost had a facelift type action, probably peaking after three months of regular use. And It doesn't slide back unless I stop taking pregnenolone for a several weeks or more.

I did indeed look younger than my age through my thirties and most of my forties. That may have been hereditary as I have a paternal aunt who I take very much after who always looked younger than her age, and still does. But then again that aunt has always had a very positive outlook on life and, even thought she had five kids, never stressed about much. Money helped in that regard I suspect:)

I started to get scared when my face and body started aging rapidly. That, and a frozen shoulder, led me to Ray.

I would have to say the pregnenolone has done more for my skin than the ProgestE. But the ProgestE is the thing that I believe gives me a bit of a youthful glow. So that's why I cite the two together as so beneficial for skin. I would still take both of these supplements even if the skin benefits weren't there.

Please bear in mind that in addition to the above, I try to follow Ray's advice on diet and lifestyle as much as possible. I'm not sure that either ProgestE or pregnenolone would have had such a dramatic and positive effect if I were, say, smoking or drinking alcohol or eating a lot of PUFAs or exercising excessively, etc…

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Regina

Hi Regina. You look great and your coloring is very similar to my sister who is now in her early fifties. It's a nice look.

Here's info on the eyelash dying:

Two make-up artists, one with an Emmy and one with an Oscar, once gave me incredibly useful advice on hair coloring. They said that your eyebrows should be one to two shades darker than the hair on your head. They pointed to photos of Robert Redford when he first started acting (he looked completely washed out and bland) and then photos from the Butch Cassidy and the Great Gatsby period when Redford was an A list movie hunk. The difference? His eyebrows had been dyed to be darker than his hair. You already have that going for you, so you're way ahead of the game. The make-up artists also caution again using mascara that is way way darker than your eyebrow color. I don't have this to worry about because my eyebrows are very dark, but if your eyebrows are medium brown in color you would probably want to stay in the dark brown (not black) colors for your eyelashes.

For dying eyelashes I use a semi-permanent dye and mix a tiny bit in a saucer (and I mean a really tiny bit, less than the diameter and thickness of a dime) and then I apply the mixture to my eyelashes with a mascara brush (which I bought from a beauty supply shop) and I use a magnifying mirror to apply the dye to both my top and bottom lashes. You have to be careful so I usually sit down while doing this but I've never gotten any dye in my eye. I leave the dye on for fifteen or twenty minutes and then rinse the dye out in the shower with cool water. You can probably use the sink but I find the shower easier.

When I first started this procedure I used to tape a cotton pad under my eyes to catch any dye that might touch my skin. But now I skip that because I can easily wipe away any dye that might drip onto my skin. It doesn't stain my skin.

Beauty salons can also dye both eyebrows and eyelashes but I find it much cheaper and convenient to do it myself. As I mentioned in the post above, my eyebrows have some silver in them so I dye them as well. But it looks like you may not have to do that.

Let me know how it goes.

And that is great news about the progesterone. Are you also using pregnenolone?
Marikay, Blossom, etc..
I just remembered another thing: armpits. :soapbox I use an oddball product called Keeping Abreast Of It. I won't post a link b/c I don't want to seem to be promoting it. Tried every single "natural" product I could find to get away from aluminum. Some were okay. But none were aikido-proof. But 'Keeping Abreast Of It' is. Just looking over the ingredients:
Formulated with: Unconditional Love and Gratitude, Organic Whole-leaf Aloe Vera, Borage Seed Oil, Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Aloe Butter, Castor oil, Beeswax, Orange Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Cypress oil, MSM, Olive Oil infused with St. John's Wort and Calendula, Chaparral, Poke Root, Echinacea, Pau D'Arco, Essential Oils of Tangerine, Lemon, Clove, Lemongrass, Lavender, Marjoram, Thyme, Cedarwood, Ginger, Juniper, Rosemary, Myrtle, Clary Sage, Nutmeg and Helichrysum, Co-Enzyme Q-10, Vitamin E and Electrolyzed 24kt Gold.

Hmmmm. fwiw

M

marikay

Marikay, Blossom, etc..
I just remembered another thing: armpits. :soapbox I use an oddball product called Keeping Abreast Of It. I won't post a link b/c I don't want to seem to be promoting it. Tried every single "natural" product I could find to get away from aluminum. Some were okay. But none were aikido-proof. But 'Keeping Abreast Of It' is. Just looking over the ingredients:
Formulated with: Unconditional Love and Gratitude, Organic Whole-leaf Aloe Vera, Borage Seed Oil, Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Aloe Butter, Castor oil, Beeswax, Orange Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Cypress oil, MSM, Olive Oil infused with St. John's Wort and Calendula, Chaparral, Poke Root, Echinacea, Pau D'Arco, Essential Oils of Tangerine, Lemon, Clove, Lemongrass, Lavender, Marjoram, Thyme, Cedarwood, Ginger, Juniper, Rosemary, Myrtle, Clary Sage, Nutmeg and Helichrysum, Co-Enzyme Q-10, Vitamin E and Electrolyzed 24kt Gold.

Hmmmm. fwiw

Blossom turned me on to mixing baking soda with coconut oil and using it as deodorant. it works great.

shepherdgirl

@Richiebogie recently posted a link to Peat's fascinating article on lipofuscin in his thread "The age pigment lipofuscin and the fountain of youth." Thanks Rb!!
Peat seems to be discussing undereye circles in this report:
"Another kind of pigmentation, that is sometimes seen in the skin around the eyes, has been found to contain substances derived from hemoglobin. The heme/porphyrin pigments are interesting in relation to aging, not just because estrogen is known to be involved in the overproduction of the porphyrins, but because lipofuscin has been reported (Bjorkerud, 1963, 1964) to contain the heme group, and because the metabolites of heme (the bile pigments, With, 1968 ; pyrroles, Figge, 1945) have been associated with cancer. (As I have mentioned elsewhere, the metabolism of heme produces carbon monoxide, which could produce a self-sustaining respiratory defect.)"
So if I understand this correctly, if estrogen is causing overproduction of the porphyrins, which are a purple color according to Walter Last, then it could possibly result in the purplish undereye circles sometimes seen with aging. But it would also make sense that progesterone could eliminate these circles because it can counteract the estrogen causing the problem.

Peata

Blossom turned me on to mixing baking soda with coconut oil and using it as deodorant. it works great.
Hi Marikay, it's been a while, and I wondered if you have more progress (mentioned you might be reversing menopause) and more supplements or foods you found useful for appearance?

M

marikay

Hi Marikay, it's been a while, and I wondered if you have more progress (mentioned you might be reversing menopause) and more supplements or foods you found useful for appearance?

Hi. Some signs of reversing menopause but nothing definite. Right now focusing on increasing muscle mass and reversing gray hair. Not much progress there either but I remain hopeful. Cheers.

Peata

@Richiebogie recently posted a link to Peat's fascinating article on lipofuscin in his thread "The age pigment lipofuscin and the fountain of youth." Thanks Rb!!
Peat seems to be discussing undereye circles in this report:
"Another kind of pigmentation, that is sometimes seen in the skin around the eyes, has been found to contain substances derived from hemoglobin. The heme/porphyrin pigments are interesting in relation to aging, not just because estrogen is known to be involved in the overproduction of the porphyrins, but because lipofuscin has been reported (Bjorkerud, 1963, 1964) to contain the heme group, and because the metabolites of heme (the bile pigments, With, 1968 ; pyrroles, Figge, 1945) have been associated with cancer. (As I have mentioned elsewhere, the metabolism of heme produces carbon monoxide, which could produce a self-sustaining respiratory defect.)"
So if I understand this correctly, if estrogen is causing overproduction of the porphyrins, which are a purple color according to Walter Last, then it could possibly result in the purplish undereye circles sometimes seen with aging. But it would also make sense that progesterone could eliminate these circles because it can counteract the estrogen causing the problem.

My experience, I never had dark circles until late 30s - I started noticing them. Now I get purplish circles under my eyes (inner part closest to nose) during luteal phase when estrogen dominates.

Peata

Hi. Some signs of reversing menopause but nothing definite. Right now focusing on increasing muscle mass and reversing gray hair. Not much progress there either but I remain hopeful. Cheers.
Thanks for update. I'm also starting to do a little exercise for muscle.

shepherdgirl

@Peata - interesting that you observed that dark circles correspond to luteal phase. Have you noticed any difference/lessening of the dark circles since you began peating?

axorr

That`s bull**** .

Face exercises will only cause more fat loss / wrinkle formation, how the hell can you recommend that ? The more you use those muscles, the more the fat gets burned and the wrinkles form as collagen depletes.

I don`t get it where these people come from with such bad advices... absolutely horrible

Hugh Johnson

That`s bull**** .

Face exercises will only cause more fat loss / wrinkle formation, how the hell can you recommend that ? The more you use those muscles, the more the fat gets burned and the wrinkles form as collagen depletes.

I don`t get it where these people come from with such bad advices... absolutely horrible
You clearly don't understand that face muscle tone is crucial for a youthful face and that wrinkles form with prolonged muscle tension.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals