Low Fat Diet, Dry Skin, Acne

bohogirl

have you tried hydrogenated coconut oil? It has no smell no taste. I don't like the smell nor the taste of virgin coconut oil. Actually it's very allergenic for me and I always gag and feel nauseated from it. I remember about one month ago, I took three full tablespoons of VCO and I felt sick for two days until I puked everything in the toilet. Also, there was clear water retention in my face.

If hydrogenated is the same as refined, then yes the taste of refined is absolutely nothing.

I probably won't go back to unrefined, taste is disgusting.

bohogirl

Hi folk,

I've wrote before and have asked questions on the forum about my acne.

I've been doing a super low fat for over a year and my skin has become so dry I get a thin layer of yellow flakes that makes my face looked tanned and has to be exfoliated very frequently. I'm wondering if this is due to not having enough fat in my diet to provide moisture or to keep the skin supple?

I've also gotten acne from it that will not go away no matter how much vitamin A or zinc I take. I was thinking it may be a gut issues but I digest everything without problems. I may try an antibiotic but I am scared it may create more gut issues and leave me worse off?

I would love some help putting this all together.

Thanks

Maybe this is the dead skin mask people experience when they do the caveman regimen where they don't wash their face or only wash with water?

I feel like my skin needs to be exfoliated everyday too. I stopped washing my face because my skin is just crazy. After taking a hot shower and not even wetting my face, 'my skin is dry after the shower. Maybe it just needs to be exfoliated?

If you don't wash your face or only wash with water, you may develop the dead skin mask. I know I do.

OP
E

EIRE24

Maybe this is the dead skin mask people experience when they do the caveman regimen where they don't wash their face or only wash with water?

I feel like my skin needs to be exfoliated everyday too. I stopped washing my face because my skin is just crazy. After taking a hot shower and not even wetting my face, 'my skin is dry after the shower. Maybe it just needs to be exfoliated?

If you don't wash your face or only wash with water, you may develop the dead skin mask. I know I do.
Yes this is exactly it but, if the skin is moist it shouldn't have any dead skin. I know plenty of people who don't exfoliate just let water run on their face and they do not experience the dead skin mask.

I think some saturated fat will help me so I'm going to experiment and lay off the vitamin A as it makes my skin too dry.

bohogirl

Yes this is exactly it but, if the skin is moist it shouldn't have any dead skin. I know plenty of people who don't exfoliate just let water run on their face and they do not experience the dead skin mask.

I think some saturated fat will help me so I'm going to experiment and lay off the vitamin A as it makes my skin too dry.

I haven't experimented again with vitamin A yet. Still doing elimination testing to see which foods are causing acne.

I felt like when I tried vitamin a drops at a higher dose, it might have been giving me acne.

Orion

I haven't experimented again with vitamin A yet. Still doing elimination testing to see which foods are causing acne.

I felt like when I tried vitamin a drops at a higher dose, it might have been giving me acne.

RP does mention that vitamin A is hard to get right. To much and you can down regulate the thyroid, to little and you don't produce the protective steroids. Also mentioned that hypothyroid people could react badly to even 5K doses, best to start low. Orange calluses on feet or hands indicate that you probably have enough vitamin A.

On the new vitamin D podcast he mentions that vitamin D and thyroid hormone cannot really be separated from each other, I think vitamin A and cholesterol fit in with this.

It was the red can of gelatin from Great Lakes and I became very sick. Vomiting and diarrea along with headaches. After this the acne came on and I've never had a clear face since

Sounds like you were poisoned by the gelatin. There may have been contamination. Since supplementing A doesn't do anything, it's not that. Since you don't eat sat starch, it's not starch. I would increase fiber from raw carrots, cooked bamboo shoots, cooked mushrooms, cooked greens, add some veggie broth, and since no starch isn't working, I would add boiled potatoes. A spoonful of coconut oil per day is all the fat you need. You can try activated charcoal to help remove whatever happened with the gelatin. I would also drink more water for a while to help get rid of the gelatin poisoning because most of our waste products are eliminated through urine, not the skin, and not poop. If all else failed, I would do a medically supervised water only fast for 5-10 days.

As far as the fat soluble vitamins, ADEK, lets go through them. D is meant to be sourced from the sun, or otherwise a supplement. There is no food source that supplies enough D to maintain optimal levels. E is not needed unless you eat PUFA or have high history of PUFA and even then Peat has said that E should be used "sparingly." Vitamin A can be converted from carotene which Peat has confirmed in the context of a healthy thyroid, enough B12, which is how one should be functioning optimally. But if you don't eat carotene then a supplement seems the only other way because most people don't eat enough liver and enough egg yolks to maintain optimal A levels. And K is found abundantly in many foods. I talk about K2 here.

The mega dosing of ADEK is simply personal experimentation and maybe rightly so for individuals.

The fat in milk barely has any vitamins. It has tiny amounts of A, K2 if you're lucky, and D is added. It's not a practical source of those vitamins. It's not the fat in milk that is valuable. It's the lactose, calcium, and casein that are valuable and those aren't in the fat.

Dairy is a problem for many people in regards to acne.

Last edited:

bohogirl

Epsom salt baths usually would add moisture to my skin. They're annoying to me though. But maybe try magnesium?

milk is really heavy very heavy

stop the milk for few days

it causes me hemhorroid
pimples
and fever

im not saying its bad
but milk doesnt suit anyone
try to replace milk with yogurt , cheese or cottage cheese

good luck

are you taking any supplement
like taurine
or vit e
or anything ?

DaveFoster

You can eat low fat and still include some high fat foods a few times per week. I eat low fat but I also eat nuts or fatty foods a few times per week.
You eat nuts? Why are you eating nuts? Nuts are the worst foods, far worse than even beans!

ilovethesea

Hi folk,

I've wrote before and have asked questions on the forum about my acne.

I've been doing a super low fat for over a year and my skin has become so dry I get a thin layer of yellow flakes that makes my face looked tanned and has to be exfoliated very frequently. I'm wondering if this is due to not having enough fat in my diet to provide moisture or to keep the skin supple?

I've also gotten acne from it that will not go away no matter how much vitamin A or zinc I take. I was thinking it may be a gut issues but I digest everything without problems. I may try an antibiotic but I am scared it may create more gut issues and leave me worse off?

I would love some help putting this all together.

Thanks

Have you tried putting urea on your face? I came across this thread and it sounds like a similar issue. 35% Urea Lotion

Tourist

Is there a benefit of topical aspirin over oral aspirin?

Could be.

Exxageration?

Have you tried increasing your fat intake for a while since you went on the low-fat strategy? If not, you've got that still to try. Eg add 1 tsp coconut oil or butter to each meal. That's still not a lot of fat, but more than 10g a day. And if that makes no difference, try a bit more.

Did you try topical aspirin?

+1
I'd plump for this before resorting to antibiotics too.

tara

Is there a benefit of topical aspirin over oral aspirin?
Not necessarily in general. Just thinking it might be relevant for a skin issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals