Facial psoriasis

Phiah

Can anyone help??
I have posted previously about my 15 year old daughters scalp psoriasis which is just about under control with mct oil and peroxide, however in the last couple of weeks she has had a major flare up on her face-nowhere else on her body. It’s so severe that she doesn’t even want to go to school. In the last week she has totally adjusted her diet and is eating really healthy but was wondering if anyone has any advice for treating this? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 89DC3625-9157-4677-8AEF-04DDCD0ACF13.jpeg
    89DC3625-9157-4677-8AEF-04DDCD0ACF13.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 39EE2160-53F0-4232-881B-A5F072E696C6.jpeg
    39EE2160-53F0-4232-881B-A5F072E696C6.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 55
  • CADF4DAE-1379-47F1-88B6-33898E296B2F.jpeg
    CADF4DAE-1379-47F1-88B6-33898E296B2F.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 56

gaze

have you checked her vit D levels recently? a carrot every day or two could potentially help by lowering bowel inflammation. Did she add any new foods at the time of its onset that could potentially have triggered it?

OP
Phiah

Phiah

have you checked her vit D levels recently? a carrot every day or two could potentially help by lowering bowel inflammation. Did she add any new foods at the time of its onset that could potentially have triggered it?
I haven’t but think I should-she ate a lot of fried foods from takeaways last week so that definitely wouldn’t have helped..she’s not always the healthiest eater but I can’t see that there was anything that different that would have triggered it. It’s really affecting her mentally so I’m sure she would be willing to try anything at this point!

gaze

I haven’t but think I should-she ate a lot of fried foods from takeaways last week so that definitely wouldn’t have helped..she’s not always the healthiest eater but I can’t see that there was anything that different that would have triggered it. It’s really affecting her mentally so I’m sure she would be willing to try anything at this point!
for young kids, manipulating the diet too much can sometimes be a bad idea because it can develop some bad tendencies, but until it calms down limiting fried and processed food would probably be rational. Is it sunny where you live? if shes not getting any sun, I think a daily supp of 4000 IU or so wouldn't be a bad idea until she can get her levels checked. For me personally my facial skin was a lot worse when my vit D was low. B vitamins and the minerals can help. If things get really bad or dont go away on its own after a little while, she could try eliminating some of the major food triggers for skin conditions, such as nightshades like tomatoes, although that will take a lot of effort for a 15 year old that may not be worth it.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

for young kids, manipulating the diet too much can sometimes be a bad idea because it can develop some bad tendencies, but until it calms down limiting fried and processed food would probably be rational. Is it sunny where you live? if shes not getting any sun, I think a daily supp of 4000 IU or so wouldn't be a bad idea until she can get her levels checked. For me personally my facial skin was a lot worse when my vit D was low. B vitamins and the minerals can help. If things get really bad or dont go away on its own after a little while, she could try eliminating some of the major food triggers for skin conditions, such as nightshades like tomatoes, although that will take a lot of effort for a 15 year old that may not be worth it.
We’re in the UK so at the moment it’s cold,wet and miserable! Is there any specific vitamin D you would recommend?

gaze

We’re in the UK so at the moment it’s cold,wet and miserable! Is there any specific vitamin D you would recommend?
I personally had the best experience with vitamin D drops in olive oil, putting the drops underneath the tongue. Vitamin D Drops - 900 Servings
however Im not sure if they ship to UK or how expensive that would be.

usually vit D comes in either MCT oil, olive oil, or sunflower oil and Ray says (along with my own personal experience) that mct can sometimes irritate the intestine when taken orally. if you can find a supplement near you thats in olive oil it would probably be ideal, it doesn't have to be drops, even in a gelatin capsule would work well I think. she may even be able to tolerate the MCT ones completely fine since its in such small amounts, but if you wanted to be extra cautious the olive oil would probably be better.

Gustav3Y

Ironically I have had gut irritation from virgin olive oil Vit D gelules and not from MCT oil Vit D gelules, so your mileage may vary.

Gustav3Y

Does she have good stomach acid, sometimes low stomach acid can be correlated to skin conditions.

Vins7

I have never noticed any improvement in gut or digestion eating a raw carrot salad.
How much carrot should I eat for noticing it?

Gustav3Y

I have never noticed any improvement in gut or digestion eating a raw carrot salad.
To be honest I have seen none either, but I have recommended it to others and for them it was life changing mainly because they were constipated.

gaze

yea it's main purpose is the help constipation. if it's not helping, i wouldn't try to increase the amount, rather try other fibers and/or other ways to try and improve the gut

aliml

In psoriasis, Th1 immune responses are overactive (Th1 dominant).

Therefore, Th1 immune responses should be reduced.

Lifestyle, Foods, Supplements that May Lower Th1

Environment/Lifestyle

The following detrimental factors may also raise Th1 and should be avoided: severe injury [16], Mycotoxins, Mold [17], Diesel exhaust particles [18], Glutathione depletion [19], Oxidative stress/ROS [20, 21].

Foods

Nutrients

Supplements

Flavonoids:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals