Scalp psoriasis

LLight

Do you think that it's better doing dry casting everyday for 12-16 hours or doing It less frequent (maybe once a month) for 48-72 hours?
I'm afraid about loosing too much weight...
I honestly don't know, sorry ?
You may need to try both, which is not even guaranteed to work.

yerrag

That makes sense in my experience and I’ve had a similar view. Vitamin D seems to be doing most of the work with endotoxin TLR4 antagonism systemically. Topical hydrogen water is doing an excellent job of eliminating local inflammation. After a month of applying a soaked cloth on my scalp for a half hour it feels almost perfect. I’m very impressed with topical hydrogen water on various inflammatory skin lesions.
That's one helluvan application for hydrogen water. I don't suppose you know why it works the way it does? As long as it works.

Elize

Look at the Mast cell activation information in the newsletter and into salycilate sensitivity

Nebula

That's one helluvan application for hydrogen water. I don't suppose you know why it works the way it does? As long as it works.
This was the study that gave me the idea that hydrogen water would be useful in an inflammatory skin condition. Topical hydrogen water seems to be effective at delivery of H2 directly into skin cells as a targeted hydroxyl radical scavenger.

Gustav3Y

From experience I can tell that ketoconazole helps, problem is Nizoral wasn't helping at all, only another ketoconazole shampoo helped.
Then I used Selsun Blue, which did even more and actually solved the issue, it is selenium disulfide.
I do not know how aggressive is on her for me it was ultra aggressive on scalp for 20 years.

Now I use sulfur soap, dilute vinegar rinses, selsun blue, alternately from time to time.

However these might not be on the liking on how the hair looks at the end (volume for example), I know some friends found some products worked for them, but it was not really on their liking for how they wanted the volume so

Coal Tar shampoo did nothing for me or various many other products like Vit D huge doses, Vit A huge doses, Niacinamide, etc.

I would really stay away from Cyproheptadine, it was prescribed by doctor friends for getting kids to sleep from not being so hyperactive and to get the anorexic ones some fat, like 20 years ago.
Other than that it can be presided for kids, but it is way more than antihistamine, which is really say like 25% of what it has an effect on, one should be highly careful about it.

PeatBull

Wouldnt try to fix it with shampoo tho, I ve tried a lot of topical stuff and it always come back. Mine gets better when on antibiotics so there is relation with intestine. Now im takin aspirin and looks like its helping too.

yerrag

From experience I can tell that ketoconazole helps, problem is Nizoral wasn't helping at all, only another ketoconazole shampoo helped.
Then I used Selsun Blue, which did even more and actually solved the issue, it is selenium disulfide.
I do not know how aggressive is on her for me it was ultra aggressive on scalp for 20 years.

Now I use sulfur soap, dilute vinegar rinses, selsun blue, alternately from time to time.

However these might not be on the liking on how the hair looks at the end (volume for example), I know some friends found some products worked for them, but it was not really on their liking for how they wanted the volume so

Coal Tar shampoo did nothing for me or various many other products like Vit D huge doses, Vit A huge doses, Niacinamide, etc.

I would really stay away from Cyproheptadine, it was prescribed by doctor friends for getting kids to sleep from not being so hyperactive and to get the anorexic ones some fat, like 20 years ago.
Other than that it can be presided for kids, but it is way more than antihistamine, which is really say like 25% of what it has an effect on, one should be highly careful about it.
I've tried the anti-fungal approach, such as with Ketoconazole, Nizoral, and Selsun Blue. They all didn't work for me, so I've resigned to thinking my SD isn't the fungal type. Does your SD turn from just dry flakes to wet minor scabs at times? Mine does, which I've made the connection to internal bacterial infection, as antibiotic use will stop the wetness. Recently began using other non-antibiotic means and have succeeded in keeping the SD at bay, but not totally getting rid of it- as periodontal infection is a continuing source.

PeatBull

Yerrag, what you think is the source of infection? Could be an amalgam? Have you tried aspirin?

Gustav3Y

For me it even came to be bloody at some point in which migrated behind the years, and was even going slowly down on the forehead.
It was many ways along the decades, from dandrufy to big scabs to being ultra dry to going greasy and causing massive heat on the head and unable to sleep at night, etc.

So like I have said I also used Nizoral which is Ketoconazole, but had no effect at all. After a while I used another brand that had Ketoconazole and cleared the aggressive issues in 24hours but there were still issues. then I applied Selsun Blue and that completely removed it. Han't really used Ketoconazole ever since.
I was shocked after so many years of heavy issue, that clearance was possible in days.

It will of course come back as a dandruff style issue after a while if I do nothing about it, not saying my issues are solved, but one also has to be able to sleep or not feel ultra inflamed that drives one into stress because of serious scalp issues.

Some people I heard claiming that only using 2 compounds at the same time helped them.

Curious if Clotrimazole is doing anything considering you can also have it a liquid from the pharmacy.

I also have dental issues, I am sure those contribute to my overall health issues.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Thanks everyone, I think the safest thing would be the mct oil and/or hydrogen water considering her age

JKX

Does she get enough calcium? Does she have any gut issues? Skin and gut issues go together hand in hand. I'd give the drugs and hormones a wide berth for the moment given her age. Vitamin d and k2 would be my suggestion and possibly combine those with some magnesium. B vitamins would also be helpful.

If ever your doing research on a topic I find its worthwhile doing a search for the thing you are looking to treat combined with the vitamin/ mineral/ hormone/ drug you are interested in. I did a search for "vitamin k2 improves psoriasis" and this popped up:

Might be of interest.

Vadim

I will just repost my own post
In many, many cases (actually in most of them) psoriasis is a manifestation of low B12/folate levels and, as a consequence, high homocysteine levels. And in many cases it's just a beginning of cascades of autoimmune diseases - adrenals, thyroid will follow.
So a good point to start is to check b12, folate and homocysteine status, and if b12 or folate is depleted the treatment is pretty straightforward - b12 injections, oral folate and other b vitamins to balance.

yerrag

Thanks everyone, I think the safest thing would be the mct oil and/or hydrogen water considering her age
Why is it you don't have the problem while your husband and daughter does? It might be something you're not used to doing, so forgive me if I make some wide assumptions. But perhaps you can compare the WBC and neutrophil values of all 3 of you and then you could tell if there's a good chance if their problem stems from internal infection. If the wbc and neutrophils are high, then it's worthwhile pursuing the internal infection angle.

Not that the mct oil or hydrogen water won't work, it's that you're only dealing with the symptom and not the actual cause.

Gustav3Y

The irony of complete blood count (like wbc, neutrophils, etc), I got clean perfect values even when had pus on one of my teeth and it was hurting to the point I could not move.
It is also amusing to me when people do blood work based on doctors's recommendation and they get a simple CBC to do then come and say, the doctor had really ordered so many blood tests for me.

yerrag

The irony of complete blood count (like wbc, neutrophils, etc), I got clean perfect values even when had pus on one of my teeth and it was hurting to the point I could not move.
It is also amusing to me when people do blood work based on doctors's recommendation and they get a simple CBC to do then come and say, the doctor had really ordered so many blood tests for me.
Maybe your definition of clean perfect values is subject to question.

What is your idea of clean perfect values? Do you have a range?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals