Scalp psoriasis

rothko

It’s something she’s had since she was about 9 years old-definitely no mold in living spaces, only just had a shower installed so don’t think it’s that and we live out in the countyside so plenty of fresh air etc. I know her dad has had it for about 30 years and nothing has worked for him-not sure how bad his is now as we split several years ago. Got to be diet related but trying to get a teenager to eat a sensible diet most of the time is hard work!
yes that makes sense. then maybe chamomile shampoos, i think weleda has a good one + their oat conditioner. you can use some kind of boar bristle brush to help exfoliate scalp while cleaning hair. otherwise, diet wise i would guess gluten, gums in processed foods, maybe a diary allergy if the dairy is lower quality.

akgrrrl

Wow. I dont care for some of the suggests here either. I can only offer this: I had a bodywork client who asked me what to do for her seborrheic dermatitus. I suggested she go to the local feed store and get benzoyle peroxide shampoo in the pet section. She had amazing results and thinks I am a wizard. Little does she know that I combine diluted foodgrade peroxide mixed with Dr. Bronners Sal Soda which is basically a surfectant, makes suds) for treating my own scalp. I knew the storebought would be easier for her obviously.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Wow. I dont care for some of the suggests here either. I can only offer this: I had a bodywork client who asked me what to do for her seborrheic dermatitus. I suggested she go to the local feed store and get benzoyle peroxide shampoo in the pet section. She had amazing results and thinks I am a wizard. Little does she know that I combine diluted foodgrade peroxide mixed with Dr. Bronners Sal Soda which is basically a surfectant, makes suds) for treating my own scalp. I knew the storebought would be easier for her obviously.
Do you think I could dilute the peroxide and apply with cotton wool? Would it work in the same way?

Gustav3Y

These guys are idiots. They act very disarming and warm with their hellos when you step into the office and gullible people fall for these howdy doody shows. I laughed at my sister when she told me she was impressed by their friendliness. Hello? You can find that at Walmart with their greeters. You're there for expert and useful consultation, aren't you? And another thing - she would be very impressed when these idiots combine their expertise in a conference call or a group meeting. Hell, three idiots don't turn idiotic thoughts into genius.

After all, these guys will make you eat mercury if that is what their training teaches them. I hope you can find a capable biological dentist and replace these cocka mimy dolts.
You are right on all accounts.
Well it is really hard, I keep trying, I am neither in a big area to choose from a lot, travelling to other areas is hard due to my condition.

akgrrrl

Do you think I could dilute the peroxide and apply with cotton wool? Would it work in the same way?
I caution anyone against use of foodgrade peroxide unless you have experience and understand exactly what it is and how to use it. It is a very caustic solution.That said, daubing a solution ... what if the offending growth is hiding in the hair? Also, you would not want it to be there long or to dry, you want to rinse it. I apply and let it work for 7,8 minutes while soaking in a luxurious, hot bath. Very easy! Then rinse with a pitcher of cool water from the tap to close follicles.
I dont understand your ask of using "cotton wool" since there is no such thing. Did you mean something else?

OP
Phiah

Phiah

I caution anyone against use of foodgrade peroxide unless you have experience and understand exactly what it is and how to use it. It is a very caustic solution.That said, daubing a solution ... what if the offending growth is hiding in the hair? Also, you would not want it to be there long or to dry, you want to rinse it. I apply and let it work for 7,8 minutes while soaking in a luxurious, hot bath. Very easy! Then rinse with a pitcher of cool water from the tap to close follicles.
I dont understand your ask of using "cotton wool" since there is no such thing. Did you mean something else?
I mean cotton wool pads or balls..the things that are used with make up remover!

akgrrrl

These guys are idiots. They act very disarming and warm with their hellos when you step into the office and gullible people fall for these howdy doody shows. I laughed at my sister when she told me she was impressed by their friendliness. Hello? You can find that at Walmart with their greeters. You're there for expert and useful consultation, aren't you? And another thing - she would be very impressed when these idiots combine their expertise in a conference call or a group meeting. Hell, three idiots don't turn idiotic thoughts into genius.

After all, these guys will make you eat mercury if that is what their training teaches them. I hope you can find a capable biological dentist and replace these cocka mimy dolts.
Yerrag I have read your posts trying to deal with this problem for at least the last two years. You have tried everything, and of course helped to educate us along the way as the medicos have shown they know far less than we could imagine. Now After my first extraction, I am going down the same, inexplicable road. Aug 19, 2018 was a brutal and careless extraction with suffering. By Oct I found myself in Urgent care getting antibiotic.December 4, a surgical lancing drain of above gum abcess(which when I called to make the appt they told me abcesses arent above the gum so when I got there haaaah) and antibiotic.
January 25, 2019 antibiotic
March antibiotic
July antibiotic
October different dentist presented with proof of all prev antibiotic, xrays again, and symptoms of wet squishy ears when lifetime of normal dry waxy ears, constant eye matter when entire life virtually nonexistent, sinuses pain when touched to pressure, blood blister alongside tongue and in ear.
Antibiotic was his answer
2020 antibiotic only twice for "jaw pain", but housebound and inactive covid year so no work or stress to speak of.
I am there again. You keep having to remove functional teeth as they appear loose? You figure its because of perking root canals. Hmmmmm.

akgrrrl

I mean cotton wool pads or balls..the things that are used with make up remover!
Ok you were asking in the context of some form of an applier. Just so you know, since you do not, "wool" is fur from an animal. Cotton is grown from a plant. Makeup remover pads can be synthetic manmade creations. Yes, chemicals can react with synthetics. A true cotton ball could be safer. But I still recommend the Benzoyle Peroxide shampoo from your local pet store. They sell it specifically for skin problems.

yerrag

Yerrag I have read your posts trying to deal with this problem for at least the last two years. You have tried everything, and of course helped to educate us along the way as the medicos have shown they know far less than we could imagine. Now After my first extraction, I am going down the same, inexplicable road. Aug 19, 2018 was a brutal and careless extraction with suffering. By Oct I found myself in Urgent care getting antibiotic.December 4, a surgical lancing drain of above gum abcess(which when I called to make the appt they told me abcesses arent above the gum so when I got there haaaah) and antibiotic.
January 25, 2019 antibiotic
March antibiotic
July antibiotic
October different dentist presented with proof of all prev antibiotic, xrays again, and symptoms of wet squishy ears when lifetime of normal dry waxy ears, constant eye matter when entire life virtually nonexistent, sinuses pain when touched to pressure, blood blister alongside tongue and in ear.
Antibiotic was his answer
2020 antibiotic only twice for "jaw pain", but housebound and inactive covid year so no work or stress to speak of.
I am there again. You keep having to remove functional teeth as they appear loose? You figure its because of perking root canals. Hmmmmm.
The root canals remove the nerve and leave the carcass of a dead tooth in place. Since the tooth has many tubules inside essentially making it porous, it still cannot be fully sterilized, meaning free of bacteria. But the bacteria that will survive and multiply are the anaerobic bacteria, and these bacteria will certainly produce toxins that would translocate through capillaries into your circulation. Toxins and bacteria as well.

While the usual cause of periodontitis is not from root canals, it is still not a good idea to have root canals.

Have your dentists told you you have periodontitis? If your issues are above the gum line, then you are better off. And if that's the case, why is it that you keep having infection above the gum line?

Any idea why the infection is recurring? You've had so many antibiotics already and it just isn't good when the bugs become resistant to antibiotics at times when they'll help you in other cases. Sadly, dentists, even biological dentists, are not aware of other forms of antimicrobials and keep using antibiotics. Not knowing your condition, I'd hate to recommend anything but recently I've began using potassium iodide, methylene blue, and k2-mk7 to see if I can do without the "deep cleaning" that my bio dentist recommends. I've also began gargling with a very dilute solution of oxalic acid. I'm trying to see if all these would rid me of a gingival abscess related to a perio infection that has loosened a lower premolar.

The dilute solution of oxalic acid (150mg/300ml water) seems to very potent. When I soak my dentures in 3% hydrogen peroxide, it doesn't really clean stubborn biofilm, but the oxalic solution really took a lot of the biofilm out in one overnight soaking. I was impressed! A lot of experimentation, and a lot of brooding things over before trying something out in overcoming the warnings of dentists. I think my dentist is sincere, but he is straitjacketed by practices that are standard that won't get him to lose his license. I, however, have no license, and am free to try things he wouldn't try. It's my teeth after all. All for not agreeing to be helpless against the almost certainty of losing all my teeth as years add up into the twilight.

Last edited:

akgrrrl

The root canals remove the nerve and leave the carcass of a dead tooth in place. Since the tooth has many tubules inside essentially making it porous, it still cannot be fully sterilized, meaning free of bacteria. But the bacteria that will survive and multiply are the anaerobic bacteria, and these bacteria will certainly produce toxins that would translocate through capillaries into your circulation. Toxins and bacteria as well.

While the usual cause of periodontitis is not from root canals, it is still not a good idea to have root canals.

Have your dentists told you you have periodontitis? If your issues are above the gum line, then you are better off. And if that's the case, why is it that you keep having infection above the gum line?

Any idea why the infection is recurring? You've had so many antibiotics already and it just isn't good when the bugs become resistant to antibiotics at times when they'll help you in other cases. Sadly, dentists, even biological dentists, are not aware of other forms of antimicrobials and keep using antibiotics. Not knowing your condition, I'd hate to recommend anything but recently I've began using potassium iodide, methylene blue, and k2-mk7 to see if I can do without the "deep cleaning" that my bio dentist recommends. I've also began gargling with a very dilute solution of oxalic acid. I'm trying to see if all these would rid me of a gingival abscess related to a perio infection that has loosened a lower premolar.

The dilute solution of oxalic acid (150mg/300ml water) seems to very potent. When I soak my dentures in 3% hydrogen peroxide, it doesn't really clean stubborn biofilm, but the oxalic solution really took a lot of the biofilm out in one overnight soaking. I was impressed! A lot of experimentation, and a lot of brooding things over before trying something out in overcoming the warnings of dentists. I think my dentist is sincere, but he is straitjacketed by practices that are standard that won't get him to lose his license. I, however, have no license, and am free to try things he wouldn't try. It's my teeth after all. All for not agreeing to be helpless against the almost certainty of losing all my teeth as years add up into the twilight.
Thanks for that great reply, yes I know the unfortunate case of allowing root canals now, too late. No peridontitus here, perfect checkups 10 years and conternation that I wont floss ur use their toothpast. Baking soda and clove oil for me. Beat both my parents by 20yrs I have all my own teeth cept the removed one, while they lost their whole mouth.My case is that its invisible, below the gum. The above gum and sinus, ears, etc are signs to me the bacteria is spread just as weknow it can infect our heart etc. Just my personal tells. In the continuance of antibiotic prescriptikns written in urgent care facilities,my jaw swells visibly, palpably. I have had systemic infectious signs along with..so I feel its the result of 2 other remaining root canals, no biodentists here, left to fend it off with all the things you list plus oxygen infused ointment PurO3 , thanks yerrag didnt mean to hijack this thread

yerrag

That makes sense in my experience and I’ve had a similar view. Vitamin D seems to be doing most of the work with endotoxin TLR4 antagonism systemically. Topical hydrogen water is doing an excellent job of eliminating local inflammation. After a month of applying a soaked cloth on my scalp for a half hour it feels almost perfect. I’m very impressed with topical hydrogen water on various inflammatory skin lesions.
Did the hydrogen water soaking finally clear you of SD?

I always wonder why SD flakes have not. been taken to a lab for it to be analyzed to determine what it really is? Is it dried skin or is it an excreted waste? What is it made of? Dead neutrophils that's like pus but flattened into a wafer?

Attached is a photo of one that just came off my scalp.

Why can't be collect all of our SD flakes and sell it as medicine like the Tibetan collect cordyceps from the fungal growth of caterpillars?

And then it will be called SD Flake Therapy just like urine therapy. Maybe it will destroy cancer.

Attachments

• 20210301_090939.jpg
    20210301_090939.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 11

nitro warrior

I would try applying topically c8 mct oil to the affected areas on the scalp twice a week. You can apply it at night using a dropper and sleep with it on, then wash it out with shampoo in the morning. This has cured my dandruff which was caused seborrheic dermatitis, which is closely related to psoriasis.
Was the cure permanent?

Nebula

Did the hydrogen water soaking finally clear you of SD?
Hydrogen water seems mostly to greatly reduce my scalp inflammation to the point it’s hardly noticeable, but I don’t know if it is curing the root internal cause. In my case I think it’s mostly caused by trace mineral deficiency/imbalance possibly from too much zinc supplementation and years of low stomach acid. I notice improvement with eating liver, but I think I will be switching mostly to copper supplementation to have more control over how much retinol I’m consuming.

So hydrogen water is a nice tool to have for skin inflammation for symptom relief in my experience so far, but I’m not sure it does more than minimize inflammation.

Topical vitamin D on my forearms also gives me symptom relief of inflammation all over, so I think it is endotoxin and gut tissue health related and for me I think it’s mostly due to a copper deficiency probably zinc too, but I have felt relief in the past focusing on copper instead so I’m going to give that another try. Meanwhile hydrogen water and vitamin and helping to keep the symptoms low.

Last edited:

nitro warrior

I use the mct oil 2x a week. Started maybe half a year ago. No dandruff since. I haven't stopped the routine to see if the dandruff would come back, but I have the sense it would.
Cool at least as long as you apply it weekly its working.

yerrag

Hydrogen water seems mostly to greatly reduce my scalp inflammation to the point it’s hardly noticeable, but I don’t know if it is curing the root internal cause. In my case I think it’s mostly caused by trace mineral deficiency/imbalance possibly from too much zinc supplementation and years of low stomach acid. I notice improvement with eating liver, but I think I will be switching mostly to copper supplementation to have more control over how much retinol I’m consuming.

So hydrogen water is a nice tool to have for skin inflammation for symptom relief in my experience so far, but I’m not sure it does more than minimize inflammation.

Topical vitamin D on my forearms also gives me symptom relief of inflammation all over, so I think it is endotoxin and gut tissue health related and for me I think it’s mostly due to a copper deficiency probably zinc too, but I have felt relief in the past focusing on copper instead so I’m going to give that another try. Meanwhile hydrogen water and vitamin and helping to keep the symptoms low.
Thanks for the explanation.

I don't know why some can fix their SD by using some zinc-based formula either topically or as a shampoo, and I think their problem is fungal-based and that somehow the predominance of zinc over copper and iron provides an environment that causes the bacteria to be neutralized. But that isn't our cause, as it is caused more by inflammation that by infection (but not to say that the inflammation cannot be caused by bacteria). Since inflammation is brought about by the immune system's response, the response can be stimulated by different factors from toxins to pathogens to immune complexes (created by the body's own B antibodies), and most of the time we cannot identify which it really is. So anything that is topical is not going to work because it is more than a surface level issue. It is a systemic issue.

in my case, I suspect it to be an immune complex issue stemming from a b-cell immune response that creates antibodies that attach to periodontal bacteria that becomes an immune complex. The immune complex is supposed to be eaten up by phagocytes, from either neutrophils or from macrophages, but not all are eaten up. So they get circulated by blood and accumulate in some tissues such as the kidneys, and since hair follicles are like mini-kidneys, these ICs accumulate there also. And then the immune system would see them as antigens, something foreign to be gotten rid of, and would send cytokines to these cites in an attempt to initiate their removal, but unsuccessfully. But the immune system doesn't give up and keeps doing that. Each time these cytokines would cause inflammation, and the resulting debri from each attempt ends up as SD in the scalp. Or as hypertension in the kidneys. Or as arthritis in joints. I experienced all these, but have gotten rid of the arthritis, so there is progress. So am working in lowering my hypertension and removing the SD. Hypertension has been subsiding though still very high, and my SD has been staying dry as a scab but always inviting me to scratch it off. The SD has not been wet for a while so that is a good sign.

So that is my semi-concocted story regarding my SD. I can only guess in an attempt to make sense of something that can't.

Good luck as you continue working on your SD issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals