F*** Portion Control

whodathunkit

IMO you were still pretty cute in the first pic. ;)

Great job, Nate! Very inspiring!

Ukall

Potatoes - do you always eat them freshly cooked or do you reheat them, maybe eat them cold?

Btw, congrats :)
@Ulla , what do you mean by eating cold potatoes? I'm eating mine freshly cooked. Are you talking about Resistance Starch?

@natedawggh "3.) Chlorine Shower Filter"
This is interesting. What do you have to say about swimming pools?

Last edited:

Ulla

@Ulla , what do you mean by eating cold potatoes? I'm eating mine freshly cooked. Are you talking about Resistance Starch?
Yes, I meant resistance starch that forms in cold potatoes.
I find cooking potatoes every time quite time-wasting and it is easier to cook them in advance in bigger quantity but then I get doubts because of RS.
So that is why I asked Nathan how he managed this :) Eating cold od always fresh etc..

Ukall

Yes, I meant resistance starch that forms in cold potatoes.
I find cooking potatoes every time quite time-wasting and it is easier to cook them in advance in bigger quantity but then I get doubts because of RS.
Exactly. I always also feel so confused regarding the classic battle between the good bacteria vs the bad bacteria. Seriously, some people say to not give any food to bacteria at all. But then, there is this theory about RS.
I never tried to cold them first and then eat them.
So that is why I asked Nathan how he managed this :) Eating cold od always fresh etc..
So you do cook them in advance and eat the RS? :p
But I have to agree with you... Sometimes it is really hard to manage our time to eat our cooked foods in a proper way. Fruits are easier regarding that aspect though.

Last edited:

Isaac

I appreciate the perspective, especially the connection between hormones and depression. I think you're still generalizing that foods that you label as good and bad are going to be good and bad for all people. I still believe it's all about self-experimentation and I don't think blanket statements are very productive.

Lecarpetron

@natedawggh You mention severe (up til 5am most nights?!) insomnia...was there any specific change you made that you feel turned your insomnia around? I know what works for you may not work for me, but I'm grasping at straws here...

Elie

Forum Supporter
Regarding iron removal. I think menstruating women should test iron before attempting to remove. Any commnents?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Have you shown anywhere an example of a day's food consumption. I'd love to see that and try to follow.

KTownSatfats

Great blog

I still think it comes down mostly to calories for loosing the fat. Exept when running no fat/low fat i have seen more people being able to eat more calories then before and sometimes alot more and still loose fat.
It seems like you run a moderate fat approach even tho its still the saturated fat, but so many other people also do that follow RP advice and they gain fat very quickly because they eat to many calories.
The points you are making about high iron and increasing taurine may have some benefits but i havent seen much in terms of studies etc that claim it will magically increase your metabolic rate and make you drop fat without being in a deficit.
You also talk about avoiding starch which there may be something to in terms of calorie effecting properties but i dont know for sure about that.
Oops! Some fat got loose?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals