Question about how cypro induces weight gain

PeskyPeater

Yeh GABA isnt all good. Its great to control anxiety and hyperstimulation, but too much and then you don't care about anything and your emotional function is all in impaired.
Do you think gaba can cause a dampening of euphoria and reduce feeling of the pleasure of sunshine hitting your skin?

redsun

Do you think gaba can cause a dampening of euphoria and reduce feeling of the pleasure of sunshine hitting your skin?
If there is too much gaba input into pleasure areas of the brain, of course. Too much gaba blunts all forms of pleasure and will blunt the effects of stimulants as well.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it. Yes, I think a copper deficiency is playing a major part in this. I'm the guy from the other thread who thinks he caused himself a copper deficiency by taking lots of zinc, molybdenum, manganese, vitamin c, etc. The reason I did this in the first place was because I'd confidently say I'm a low-histamine individual, which as you know copper excess seems to play a major role in. I've tried supplementing copper bisglycinate but it caused severe paranoia/anxiety, restless legs, shortness of breath, etc.

I'm wondering if what's going on is a simultaneous copper and iron deficiency, coming from someone who had a minimal life-long intake of red meat, and then attempted to "reduce" iron for a year by doing a (dairy-based) Peat diet, aspirin, etc., and of course zinc/manganese supplementation. I do match the description of an iron deficient person very well despite blood markers being normal. Perhaps in a mixed deficiency, increasing copper first shuttles what little dopamine is being produced into the norepinephrine pathway, thus creating an imbalance (very low dopamine state - dopamine is pro-histamine right?) and the symptoms I'm experiencing. I'm currently waiting on a Proferrin supplement to arrive to test this iron hypothesis. Maybe I'll also try taking magnesium with the copper and see if that produces a different result.
Delicious,
"I'm the guy from the other thread who thinks he caused himself a copper deficiency by taking lots of zinc, molybdenum, manganese, vitamin c, etc"
What other thread is that?
Wondering how much you took of these items.
Paul

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
If there is too much gaba input into pleasure areas of the brain, of course. Too much gaba blunts all forms of pleasure and will blunt the effects of stimulants as well.
Redsun,
Thanks for all of your interesting comments.
You made a reference to cdp choline being perhaps better than sunflower lecithin for raising acetylcholine.
Is GPC choline not good, relative to cdp?
Thanks.
Paul

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals