New Book : **** Portion Control From Nathan Guy Hatch

Was he banned or what? He seemed to be an active member.

Dobbler

I really like his writings and videos he's been publishing and he obviously has alot of knowledge and experience that resembles alot of Peats work, but he often focuses really small things for big problems. One example is his latest depression video, where he states that it's a large metabolic and environmental problem, and then goes on talking 10 minutes of how a few grams of taurine will cure it. It leaves the listener unsatisfied when a very smart person offers these one pill cures, rather than discuss the big picture.

Jsaute21

I really like his writings and videos he's been publishing and he obviously has alot of knowledge and experience that resembles alot of Peats work, but he often focuses really small things for big problems. One example is his latest depression video, where he states that it's a large metabolic and environmental problem, and then goes on talking 10 minutes of how a few grams of taurine will cure it. It leaves the listener unsatisfied when a very smart person offers these one pill cures, rather than discuss the big picture.
Very good point.

Cirion

This is the impression I got from his book as well. I think he should have focused more on the fact that food is not the enemy, that he lost weight on high caloric intake, and more of what that looked like, as that's the main selling point IMO and many people even on these forums don't believe that you can lose weight on high caloric intake Billy Craig style and others, so just focusing on that would have been a lot better imo.

Most chapters left me cold with no clear cut path forward, other than "Vitamin C, Iodine, Magnesium are all beneficial and maybe you should supplement them" for a random example.

Cirion

I like it, literally or figuratively?

lol

I actually can't claim originality of that quote, a coworker of mine uses it a lot.

I actually did warm up a bit using a lot of the tips, but it hasn't been until recently that I'm treating FOOD as the healing substance and not supplements that I think I may finally be starting to get well.

I'm now applying Kelj's strategy (Really been enjoying her posts lately) and basically eating as much as I want with almost zero restrictions (Other than I am trying to maintain roughly a 15-15-70 P-F-C ratio as this seems to be roughly the ratio I respond best to. I've absolutely proven to myself that carbs are the most healing macronutrient of all) and not even restricting "junk foods" that much anymore. like lately I have been pounding papa john's pizzas like no tomorrow because clearly my body wants the calories and I'm tired of trying to restrict foods because clearly that hasn't been working for me for long term healing.

I still feel 100% strongly though about my theories on metabolism and maintaining 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulses, even when waking up and continue to track data and will continue to show interesting plots I come up with once I make significant gains in health. Nathan hatch is also a big believer in temps/pulses and he was one of the first to sell me on that idea.

like lately I have been pounding papa john's pizzas like no tomorrow because clearly my body wants the calories and I'm tired of trying to restrict foods because clearly that hasn't been working for me for long term healing.

Be careful about it. There is a point of no return.

lampofred

lol

I actually can't claim originality of that quote, a coworker of mine uses it a lot.

I actually did warm up a bit using a lot of the tips, but it hasn't been until recently that I'm treating FOOD as the healing substance and not supplements that I think I may finally be starting to get well.

I'm now applying Kelj's strategy (Really been enjoying her posts lately) and basically eating as much as I want with almost zero restrictions (Other than I am trying to maintain roughly a 15-15-70 P-F-C ratio as this seems to be roughly the ratio I respond best to. I've absolutely proven to myself that carbs are the most healing macronutrient of all) and not even restricting "junk foods" that much anymore. like lately I have been pounding papa john's pizzas like no tomorrow because clearly my body wants the calories and I'm tired of trying to restrict foods because clearly that hasn't been working for me for long term healing.

I still feel 100% strongly though about my theories on metabolism and maintaining 98.6F temps and 85 bpm pulses, even when waking up and continue to track data and will continue to show interesting plots I come up with once I make significant gains in health. Nathan hatch is also a big believer in temps/pulses and he was one of the first to sell me on that idea.

If you are craving pizza for the calories, the Dominos gluten-free crust has no iron and uses olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I get that if I am craving something calorie dense. Ordinary pizza has a massive amount of PUFA.

Jsaute21

If you are craving pizza for the calories, the Dominos gluten-free crust has no iron and uses olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I get that if I am craving something calorie dense. Ordinary pizza has a massive amount of PUFA.
That's a great hack right there.

Dr. B

incredible how did you find this mate whats the gluten free crust made of, will look that up

jnklheimer

re: dominos gluten free dough

they use microcrystalline cellulose aka avicel in the dough :( . I saw a patent for a dough where it’s up to 60% of the mix. I don’t think dominos uses that much but it’s still a bummer.

If you can find good flour, there are easy no-knead pizza dough recipes that are pretty good.