Experience with dissolving DHT or Testosterone in a vitamin E based solution

Santosh

Glad I could help!

I mostly apply on Scrotum, sometimes on shoulders

A side point, I haven't noticed any skin burns with this solution, probably because of vitamin E. 100% Ethanol solution would probably cause skin burns/rash

Lastly please remember to use Solgar Vitamin E. I used others and didn't get much absorption. If you don't have access to Solgar try NOW Vitamin E liquid

Would you say the skin penetration is better with 50% vitamin E oil + 50% ethanol than 50% MCT oil + 50% ethanol ?

Aby_2021

Would you say the skin penetration is better with 50% vitamin E oil + 50% ethanol than 50% MCT oil + 50% ethanol ?
Not sure tbh

I'm getting pretty good absorption with Vitamin E, so I don't think I'll experiment with MCT as I'll have to redo the expensive bloodwork to check the absorption levels

Nebula

Glad I could help!

I mostly apply on Scrotum, sometimes on shoulders

A side point, I haven't noticed any skin burns with this solution, probably because of vitamin E. 100% Ethanol solution would probably cause skin burns/rash

Lastly I
Is this the Vitamin E you're using?
I noticed it contains safflower and vegetable oil. I wonder if unsaturated oils are better at skin penetration and maybe the tiny amount involved is inconsequential. I used a vitamin D liquid topically before that used sunflower oil. I noticed more potent effects than olive or mct oil formulations.

Last edited:

Risingfire

I tried to dissolve DHT into vitamin E(tocovit) but it didn't dissolve well. Ethanol or DSMO seem to work better

Aby_2021

Is this the Vitamin E you're using?
I noticed it contains safflower and vegetable oil. I wonder if unsaturated oils are better at skin penetration and maybe the tiny amount involved is inconsequential. I used a vitamin D liquid topically before that used sunflower oil. I noticed more potent effects than olive or mct oil formulations.
Yes, this is the one

Not sure if unsaturated oils are causing better absorption tbh. But I wouldn't worry about such a tiny amount of PUFA for the benefits of much better absorption. You can try absorbing in MCT, I've never tried that so not too sure about it

Aby_2021

I tried to dissolve DHT into vitamin E(tocovit) but it didn't dissolve well. Ethanol or DSMO seem to work better
Not every Vitamin E is the same.

Check this out, the left bottle is the one with Solgar Vitamin E vs the right one was another brand.

DMSO or Ethanol on its own would cause skin irritation. At least that's my experience so far

Attachments

• Test solution.jpg
    Test solution.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 46

Santosh

It's not one or the other. You have to add a solvent such as ethanol to any oil.

No androgen will ever dissolve in tocopherol oil only.

Risingfire

Not every Vitamin E is the same.

Check this out, the left bottle is the one with Solgar Vitamin E vs the right one was another brand.

DMSO or Ethanol on its own would cause skin irritation. At least that's my experience so far
I'd agree and I wouldn't want to use most vitamin E's that are soy based

Nebula

I added 50ml of 95% Ethanol and Vitamin E (each) in a bottle i.e. 100ml in total. And then added 10g of Test Base to this solution.

I shook the bottle after every 30 mins for 4 to 5 times, and it fully dissolved. I didn't need to heat it at all

As an example, If you're preparing 10% test solution , you would start with 20ml of Vitamin E + Ethanol solution (10ml of each) and add 2g testosterone base to it. Thus each ml will be 100mg

Hope this makes sense
Can denatured ethanol be used for topical formulations like this?

hyperion1441

Forum Supporter
@Aby_2021 I could not get the Solgar and Everclear to mix. Can you detail your steps in order to get them to mix? I added 50ml solgar to a 120 ml bottle followed by 50ml of Everclear, and no matter what I did, they formed two distinct phases. No amount of heating or vigorous shaking was able to get them to combine.

JCub369

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals