Testosterone In Tocepherol. (Testost-E? Lol)

quinnGoes

alright peaties, im trying to formulate a testosterone oil supplement. Who knows the process for making progest-e? Is it just a matter of dissolving progesterone powder in d-alpha tocepherol oil?

Prometrium is an oral supplement of 100 or 200mg progesterone. inactive ingredients include: peanut oil, gelatin, glycerin, lecithin, titanium dioxide. the progesterone is micronized.

Progest E contains natural d-alpha tocopherol &/or mixed tocopherols, vegetable triglycerides, natural progesterone. What is the purpose of the vegetable triglycerides? Mixing testosterone powder and unique E vitamin E oil would be very simple.. not sure if it would be soluble enough at any reasonable concentration in the oil without alcohol or other carrier.

Bel Mar pharmacy appears to sell hormone replacement delivered lymphatically
What Sets Belmar Apart - The BLA™ System

The answer is Oral HRT Tablets

Belmar Pharmacy has been compounding natural hormone replacement therapies for over 22 years. Based upon the relationship we have with you and your practitioner we are able to formulate just the right combination of hormones and their dosages for you. We offer the following forms of BHRT and Andropause:

Orally effective tablets (efficacy achieved using a lipid matrix)
Topical Creams and Gels
Sublingual Tablets and Troches
Vaginal and Rectal Suppositories and Creams
Oral Tablets

What sets Belmar Pharmacy apart from all other compounding pharmacies is our oral tablet form of BHRT and Andropause. Our oral tablets are formulated using a system we developed called BLATM. The BLATM system was developed so that any single or combination of steroid hormone prepared using this system may avoid the "first pass affect" of the liver so that it may be systemically absorbed by the body. Belmar Pharmacy is the only compounding pharmacy in the United States using the BLATM system.

The BLATM System

BLATM stands for Bio-Available Lymphatic Absorption. The BLATM system represents Belmar's proprietary method used to prepare our formulations. Belmar tablets begin with natural hormones derived from yam sources into natural hormones. Natural hormones are identical to what your body produces. Ingredients included in the BLATM system (in addition to the active ingredient) include binding and flow agents. All materials in our tablets are gluten free, contain all natural ingredients and do not contain dyes. For a discussion about the science behind the BLATM System refer to The Science of Lymphatic Absorption below.

The Benefits of Belmar Tablets

There are many conveniences associated with Belmar tablets when compared to other BHRT or Andropause dose forms. Creams and Gels can be messy, time consuming, inconsistently applied and spread by direct contact to loved ones who don't need a dose of your hormones. They may be rubbed off your skin or on to your clothes resulting in a partial loss of the needed dose.

Dissolvable dose forms like sublingual tablets and troches are limited by their size and often have a bitter taste. To some extent the' juice' formed when dissolving is swallowed and the drug is not absorbed orally. This results in loss of some of the dose. When a sublingual dose dissolves too rapidly part of the dose may also be lost by swallowing.

Oral capsules compounded for BHRT or Andropause are involved in the "first pass affect" which means the dose is not adequate or metabolized to ineffective or inadequate metabolites. Belmar's oral tablet formulation avoids the "first-pass affect" due to lymphatic absorption.

Rachel

Hmmmm... BLATM sounds like a load of poppycock. :lol:
What are you hoping to gain from these testosterone and pregnenolone delivery systems, quinnGoes?
And, last but not least, where is quinn Going? I've been wondering. :mrgreen:

OP
quinnGoes

quinnGoes

Rachel said:
Hmmmm... BLATM sounds like a load of poppycock. :lol:
What are you hoping to gain from these testosterone and pregnenolone delivery systems, quinnGoes?
And, last but not least, where is quinn Going? I've been wondering. :mrgreen:

The lymphatic absorption is to avoid the hormones being inactivated by first pass liver metabolism, without the inconvenience and harm of needing to inject with a syringe.

as for whats to gain, testosterone and pregnenolone are youthful hormones, which i think is pretty central to what peat thinks well-being could be gained from. asking a girl whats to gain from progesterone is kinda like asking a guy whats to gain from test.

haha, quinn goes actually doesn't mean im going anywhere =P kinda similar to saying go quinn

Rachel

quinnGoes said:
The lymphatic absorption is to avoid the hormones being inactivated by first pass liver metabolism, without the inconvenience and harm of needing to inject with a syringe. I understand the theory... their explanation sounded hokey, though.

as for whats to gain, testosterone and pregnenolone are youthful hormones, which i think is pretty central to what peat thinks well-being could be gained from. asking a girl whats to gain from progesterone is kinda like asking a guy whats to gain from test. Yep, I get that. I take Progest-E and pregnenolone myself. I just throw 'em under my tongue for a bit and swallow "the leftovers".

haha, quinn goes actually doesn't mean im going anywhere =P kinda similar to saying go quinn Aaaaaaaa haaaaaa! :D

nwo2012

With test you have to be careful though. It's not like a woman taking progest-e. It would be hard for them to take too much if at all. With test it is very easy to take too much such that it will cause harm.

Oral test neevr proves to be of any use due to the very short half-life of the esters used. Sadly best off injecting a long acting test every 2-3 weeks if you want the safest method although getting it without dodgy excipients such as sodium benzoate or benzyl alcohol is not really possible. That's why I do not do it anymore. Ive found that I get a very good anabolic effect from pregnenolone and tiny amounts of DHEA 0.5-1mg/day plus NDT. I also use a drop of progest-e every 3rd day or so. Of course all the sugar (full glycogen stores) and aspirin (aromatase inhibitor) also helps.

OP
quinnGoes

quinnGoes

nwo2012 said:
With test you have to be careful though. It's not like a woman taking progest-e. It would be hard for them to take too much if at all. With test it is very easy to take too much such that it will cause harm.

controlling the dose shouldn't be an issue at least for me.

Oral test neevr proves to be of any use due to the very short half-life of the esters used.
yes but the whole point of this is idea is making oral test useful. typically it isn't because it would be metabolized in the liver without ever having a systemic effect. also longer esters could be used.. but i would rather use esterless

Sadly best off injecting a long acting test every 2-3 weeks if you want the safest method
why? i would prefer a shorter acting ester or no ester since the effect comes on much quicker and gets out of the system quicker. cycling on and off with a shorter ester seems like it would be the safest idea for avoiding complete shut down of natural test production.. and the bigger esters are probably more harmful, or at least the most different in effect from natural testosterone. peat speaks of the harm of esters.
although getting it without dodgy excipients such as sodium benzoate or benzyl alcohol is not really possible.
not common, but certainly possible for me.. i would make my own.
That's why I do not do it anymore. Ive found that I get a very good anabolic effect from pregnenolone and tiny amounts of DHEA 0.5-1mg/day plus NDT. I also use a drop of progest-e every 3rd day or so. Of course all the sugar (full glycogen stores) and aspirin (aromatase inhibitor) also helps.
interesting, sounds like a winning combo. have you tried going a little higher on the dhea dose? i wonder if the effect of the pregnenolone would be greater if in vitamin e oil like progest-e. also, what effect have you noticed from the progest e?

kettlebell

Even the tiniest bit too much of testosterone for your current hormone balance will aromatise very rapidly. Caution required.

nwo2012

quinnGoes said:
nwo2012 said:

controlling the dose shouldn't be an issue at least for me.

Oral test neevr proves to be of any use due to the very short half-life of the esters used.
yes but the whole point of this is idea is making oral test useful. typically it isn't because it would be metabolized in the liver without ever having a systemic effect. also longer esters could be used.. but i would rather use esterless

Yes but that's the point. The very short half-life means you have to take it very frequently and even then the effects you will notice will be minimal. Back in the day. Back in the day I tried bucketloads of Andriol (I think it was test undecanoate in oil capsules) throughout the day and the results were extremely disappointing. The only short acting AAS that ever did much was test suspension but it was only good for say having a really strong workout with maximum liftsl

Sadly best off injecting a long acting test every 2-3 weeks if you want the safest method
why?
Because it seems to be the only way to guarantee a constantly raised serum testosterone level
i would prefer a shorter acting ester or no ester since the effect comes on much quicker and gets out of the system quicker. cycling on and off with a shorter ester seems like it would be the safest idea for avoiding complete shut down of natural test production.. and the bigger esters are probably more harmful, or at least the most different in effect from natural testosterone. peat speaks of the harm of esters.
Not disagreeing with any of those points but it only really works in theory, practice is a whole other thing for the points Ive already raised
although getting it without dodgy excipients such as sodium benzoate or benzyl alcohol is not really possible.
not common, but certainly possible for me.. i would make my own.
I did too, but to guarantee complete sterility and solubility, these are needed in addition to filtering through a very small micron filter (for injecting of course)

That's why I do not do it anymore. Ive found that I get a very good anabolic effect from pregnenolone and tiny amounts of DHEA 0.5-1mg/day plus NDT. I also use a drop of progest-e every 3rd day or so. Of course all the sugar (full glycogen stores) and aspirin (aromatase inhibitor) also helps.
interesting, sounds like a winning combo. have you tried going a little higher on the dhea dose?
I found at 2mg and after a few days on, my left nipple (which has always remained with a small bit of gynecomastia from back in the day (only I see it, its so small) swelled up a little
i wonder if the effect of the pregnenolone would be greater if in vitamin e oil like progest-e. also, what effect have you noticed from the progest e?
Yes it possibly would. I find when I dont use progesterone at all my gyno again gets slightly worse so I figure its suppressing oestrogen. But when I tried to use it more often I lost strength and a little muscle (test suppression) so this is the sweet-spot for me.

nwo2012

kettlebell said:
Even the tiniest bit too much of testosterone for your current hormone balance will aromatise very rapidly. Caution required.

Yes very true in addition to suppression of the HTPA axis.

cliff

1. A method for treating arthritis and joint pain and disability, comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment a pharmacologically effective dose of dehydroepiandrosterone.

2. A method for treating arthritis, comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment a pharmacologically effective dose of at least one compound selected from the group of the anesthetic class of naturally occurring steroids of the formula: ##STR2## wherein R.sub.1 is O or OH and R.sub.2 is O, OH, or COCH.sub.3 ; and which may contain one double bond in ring A and/or ring B.

3. The method of claim 2 in which said steroid is selected from the group consisting of: dehydroepiandrosterone, iso-androsterone, etiocholanolone, pregnenolone, and progesterone.

4. The method of claim 2 wherein the compound is administered orally.

5. The method of claim 2 wherein the compound is administered topically.

6. The method of claim 2, wherein the arthritis to be treated is osteo-arthritis.

7. The method of claim 2, wherein the arthritis to be treated is rheumatoid arthritis.

8. The method of claim 2, wherein the arthritis to be treated is arthritis associated with auto-immune disease.

9. The method of claim 2, wherein the condition to be treated comprises non-specific joint pain or joint disability resulting from stress.

10. A pharmaceutical composition useful for the treatment of arthritis comprising an effective amount of at least one compound selected from the group consisting of the formula: ##STR3## wherein R.sub.1 is O or OH and R.sub.2 is O, or OH; and which may contain one double bond in ring A and/or ring B and tocopherol, in a suitable pharmaceutical carrier.

11. The composition of claim 10 in which said steroid is selected from the group consisting of dehydroepiandrosterone, iso-androsterone, and etiochlolanolone, in a suitable pharmaceutical carrier.

12. The composition of claim 11 comprising an effective amount of dehydroepiandrosterone and tocopherol.

13. The composition of claim 11 also comprising progesterone.

14. The composition of claim 11 also comprising testosterone.

15. The composition of claim 11 also comprising olive oil.

http://www.google.com/patents/US4628052 ... &q&f=false

OP
quinnGoes

quinnGoes

kettlebell said:

seems people on say 250mg testosterone a week, many times over natural production, often still keep reasonable estrogen levels. I agree though, probably the biggest concern of using testosterone. watching for estrogenic symptoms, as well as making use of aspirin and likely exemestane, would be important.

BingDing

RP has two patents, the progest-E one is here. I work at the Patent Office, maybe an unfair advantage. :P

You guys know a whole lot more than me, is there an approach of trying to reduce how much is bound by SHBG?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
BingDing, I am curious as to what the other patent is?

BingDing

Cliff posted the claims, it's 4,628,052. After reading it again, Cliff was probably pointing out the testosterone in that patent. I wonder if that has ever been commercialized, maybe there's an arthritis cream out there that will supplement testosterone.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Very cool, thank you.

OP
quinnGoes

quinnGoes

well i gave it a shot today with decent success, although it was difficult to get the test to dissolve and im sure some hormone was wasted in crystals. anyone with chemistry knowledge that could help me determine the solubility of testosterone powder in unique vitamin e oil? I know about 50mg/ml holds in vegetable oil. progest e is probably close to 100mg/ml. test in vitamin e... maybe 25mg/ml?

golder

Wondering if you guys could share some expertise. Rat has got some test base powder and a spare bottle of vitamin E.

Just wondering how do you dissolve it, which topical application site?
Thanks guys!

James

golder

Bump anyone?

Health Natura vitamin E
T base powder
Test tube
Glass stirring rob

Will heating 1ml of vitamin E in a test tube over a low heat on the hob, then adding say 20mg of powder and stir it for a few minutes work?
How do I measure success, is it easy to see if has completely dissolved just via the naked eye. If so, what am I specifically looking for? Pardon my naivete!