Eugenol: Helps Reduce Loss Of Dopamine / Protects From Aluminum / Neuro-protective & Anti-stress

Inaut

I know cloves are known to be aphrodisiac but I notice a significant increase in libido after taking clove oil...

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

3.3. Antinociceptive

The employment of clove as analgesic have been reported since the 13th century, for toothache, join pain and antispasmodic, eugenol being the main compound responsible for this activity. The mechanism evolved has been attributed to the activation of calcium and chloride channels in ganglionar cells[30]. The voltage dependant effects of eugenol in sodium and calcium channels and in receptors expressed in the trigeminal ganglio also contributed to the analgesic effect of clove[31]. Other results show that the analgesic effect of clove is due to the action as capsaicin agonist[32]. The peripheral antinociceptive activity of eugenol was reported by Daniel et al. showing significant activity at doses of 50, 75 and 100 mg/kg[33].

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

Excellent thank you @Grapelander!
Do you need to use very much to get results?
Also have you experienced any improvements since using clove oil ie in dopamine or health benefits?
So my use is as noted previous - I use 3-4 drops on baking soda and brush my teeth daily.
I do not use toothpaste & I do not go to the dentist - so I affectionately call my clove oil the 'liquid dentist'.
I also benefit as I have fillings from my youth & I feel like the baking soda and clove oil takes nasty stuff away.

If my gums get sore I put 5 drops on my finger and rub the gum. Rinse with water 30 seconds later.
Better in 2-3 days.

I get some euphporia from the routine - it may be the beta-caryophyllene.

I have minimal experience with eating it - the couple times I did I put 3 drops on spoon of honey.
Actually talking myself into doing this again.

Some people use clove powder for parasites.

J.R.K

So my use is as noted previous - I use 3-4 drops on baking soda and brush my teeth daily.
I do not use toothpaste & I do not go to the dentist - so I affectionately call my clove oil the 'liquid dentist'.
I also benefit as I have fillings from my youth & I feel like the baking soda and clove oil takes nasty stuff away.

If my gums get sore I put 5 drops on my finger and rub the gum. Rinse with water 30 seconds later.
Better in 2-3 days.

I get some euphporia from the routine - it may be the beta-caryophyllene.

I have minimal experience with eating it - the couple times I did I put 3 drops on spoon of honey.
Actually talking myself into doing this again.

Some people use clove powder for parasites.
Thank you for sharing your results. It sounds like an experiment worthwhile trying. The baking soda does not scratch the enamel of your teeth?

Inaut

I've been taking 2 drops of clove oil in mct daily for the last two weeks (or so). I've noticed that I'm definitely more chilled out and playful when I interact with people. I really dig it and have even been using clove tea as a hair rinse which seems to be helping my hair..

OP
Grapelander

Grapelander

The baking soda does not scratch the enamel of your teeth
Baking soda was the original tooth paste.
1950s CHILDREN'S DENTIST EDUCATIONAL FILM DENTISTRY & ORAL HYGIENE
A girl demonstrates the proper way to brush teeth.
This includes brushing with chalk and soda bicarbonate, which is the active ingredient in baking soda (6:46-8:27).

The effect of sodium bicarbonate oral rinse on salivary pH and oral microflora: A prospective cohort study.
From this study, we can conclude that SB mouth rinse is effective in increasing salivary pH above the threshold level needed for prevention of enamel demineralization and enhancing remineralization. This positive finding concluded from our study definitely indicates that SB rinse which is low in cost, bland in taste and associated with no side effect can be used as an adjunct to oral hygiene measures for long periods with more patient comfort during the maintenance phase. This oral rinse can have better acceptance in patients with mouth ulcers, a patient undergoing chemotherapy because of its bland taste. Moreover, patients from very remote places where the availability of modern mouthwashes are limited and cost plays an important determinant in their usage; SB mouth rinse can be an effective tool.

Inaut

I just add a drop to some coconut oil. Oil pull for a bit(make my own emulsion) and swallow it. Good for my teeth, gums and digestive tract :)

Lejeboca

Led to this paper by OP's post Eugenol: Helps Reduce Loss Of Dopamine / Protects From Aluminum / Neuro-protective & Anti-stress . Ref [34] there is as follows:

An interesting note beyond is that mechanisms of eugenol action may be similar to those of capsaicin, i.e., via capsaicin receptor and neural desensitizing (see also Mechanism of action of capsaicin-like molecules on sensory neurons - PubMed):
As for the antinociceptive action of capsaicin, it has been suggested that capsaicin-induced antinociception may also be mediated through a capsaicin receptor mechanism based on the fact that the inhibitory effect of capsaicin on nociceptive thresholds is significantly antagonized by capsazepine (Dickenson et al., 1991; Dickenson and Dray, 1991; Perkins and Campbell, 1992). Since the doses of intrathecal capsazepine used here are similar to those used by Dickenson et al. (1991) and Dickenson and Dray (1991), it seems likely that capsazepine acts selectively on the antinociceptive effects of phenolic compounds. Taking into consideration the antagonism by capsazepine, eugenol and guaiacol may act to reduce nociceptive thresholds via the capsaicin receptor located on sensory terminals in the spinal cord.

Figure 1: Dose-response curves of eugenol, guaiacol, and capsaicin in the absence and the presence of capsazepine in the formalin test.

Lejeboca

This research is about clove without emphasis on eugenol, and not even its mentioning. So much the better since this gives a holistic perspective on a relatively weak water-based extract of clove buds (infused at 70C for 5h yielding 7% plant extract) that anyone could tolerate and use for longer periods at a time than one could do so with clove-bud oil or pure eugenol. This may be important because the results obtained are with pretreatment by clove-bud [denoted as SAFB] extract 1h before the exposure to highly inflammatory substances, which produce immune reaction due to the degranulation of mast cells.

Concluding the paper, the authors note on the mechanism of SAFB action:
The possible mechanism of this effect appears to be related to the activation of adenylate cyclase and a subsequent increase in intracellular cAMP (Makino et al., 1987). Stabilization of the cell membrane might prevent the perturbation brought about by chemical or immunological stimulus and inhibit an increased influx of Ca2+ (Seeman, 1972). Also, there is extensive evidence that H1 antihistamines can interfere with Ca2+ mobilization (Pearce, 1982). The intracellular cAMP content of the mast cells, when incubated with SAFB, increased about 47-fold in comparison with that of basal cells (Fig. 3). The mode of the action of SAFB is likely related to the prevention of calcium release from the calcium store of mast cells due to elevation of the intracellular cAMP level by inhibition of the cAMP phosphodiesterase. In conclusion, our results provide evidence that SAFB may be capable of stabilizing the mast cell membrane.​

Motorneuron

@Lejeboca It is a very technical language but useful and interesting. In other words, does it act as a "reset" of dopamine receptors without causing upregulation? desensitization do you mean that any damage is restored?

How much Eugenol is contained in 1 g of clove powder?

Mauritio

Eugenols seems very good for the brain.

"Our findings indicate that eugenol treatment effectively mitigated cognitive impairments in 5×FAD mice. This beneficial effect was associated with a decrease in AD pathologies, including neuronal cell loss and Aβ deposition. Specifically, eugenol inhibited necroptosis activation and increased microglial phagocytosis, which were the underlying mechanisms for the observed reductions in neuronal cell loss and Aβ deposition, respectively."

- Eugenol relieves the pathological manifestations of Alzheimer's disease in 5×FAD mice - PubMed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals