Emotional Stress / Suffering Is Masively Underrated

GreekDemiGod

Emotional stress can make or break your body, I can see it on myself. Receiving affection, love, appreciation on its various forms is so, so important.
Love, breakups, emotional attachments, being rejected by someone with whom you felt an emotional connection with, all this matter a lot and can have profound effects.

M

member 2106

I agree with the sentiment. Also, let's not forget the unbelievably detrimental effect that living in a state of fear and anxiety can have.

aussiebaldguy

For sure...imagine you have a broken leg and you just won lottery

or broken leg and you owed 20000 to a debt collector.

Funny how the first broken leg not so bad

M

member 2106

You’ll get it back. Seek out forms of relaxation in the meantime.

Zigzag

It seems you lack abundance. In these times you should never emotionally fully invest in another person.

Barry

Currently experiencing this. Lasting more than a month. It's ruining my sleep. I feel unwanted, rejected, love & connection taken away.

Whenever you improve your health and vitality, everything becomes easier to deal with. We will all have problems that come up, but if we are practicing optimal health, if we are not calorie-deprived, if we have adequate glucose, and are limiting our PUFAs, then mentally, we are better able to deal with stressors.

LUH 3417

It’s a catch 22.
I think it’s very healing to express emotions. If I have a very deep cry my stomach will vibrate and so will my jaw and thyroid gland.i think it’s ok to feel lonely and unloved, to the extent that we are able to express how terrible that feels. Once that’s been dealt with and purged, we can feel a renewed energy to find love and affection. Don’t bury it.

Well, it's been like this most of my life, now it's much more intense.

There is a post about doxycycline ability to block traumatising emotions and fear.
I vouch for it. I have dramatically reduced my traumas and fearfull episodes recall after 3 months on doxy.

Nigluva

Currently experiencing this. Lasting more than a month. It's ruining my sleep. I feel unwanted, rejected, love & connection taken away.
I live with my father who is an alcoholic anger addict and I get depressed, dark circles under eyes, dont want to be in same room as him (so neglect nutrition if I have to pass him on way to kitchen), weak, after his regular drinking events.

Trying not to be pathetic sounding but it is hard. Working on just accepting it and living my life normally.

LUH 3417

I live with my father who is an alcoholic anger addict and I get depressed, dark circles under eyes, dont want to be in same room as him (so neglect nutrition if I have to pass him on way to kitchen), weak, after his regular drinking events.

Trying not to be pathetic sounding but it is hard. Working on just accepting it and living my life normally.
man that is rough you have my sympathies. i had similar situations around sharing kitchens and neglecting nutrition just to keep the peace. it is incredibly difficult.

Hermes

It’s a catch 22.
I think it’s very healing to express emotions. If I have a very deep cry my stomach will vibrate and so will my jaw and thyroid gland.i think it’s ok to feel lonely and unloved, to the extent that we are able to express how terrible that feels. Once that’s been dealt with and purged, we can feel a renewed energy to find love and affection. Don’t bury it.
That's my experience as well. All emotions come in waves: they start hard and intense and there is this sense of drowning but eventually the sadness, loneliness, powerlessness dissipate. It happens daily but less strong so then in the past. It's helpful to be present, breath and not be judgmental of yourself. I get better at it, too.

The worst thing really is that there are biomarkers to chronic stress/anxiety/etc. that can, say, be passed on to offspring/kids. I don't worry about it/dwell on it much anymore since you only further increase the damage than living on and focusing on remedying/reversing the issue and looking at the bigger picture.

In other words there's no point discussing it just for the sake of it -- you ideally want to live as if it never happened so it can't wear you at the least by re-living it.

This is the reason why I left some certain negative mindsets/rituals behind for the most part -- too much care on the decay/the end/the inevitable and too little discussion on any new beginnings/possibilities. I don't even care if some think it's "delusional" or not anymore because I made it my mission to not let myself so easily get sucked in to this kind of thinking that's only more destructive since it's a classic case of catch 22. Some people have a view of reality as so jaded/toxic -- I prefer "deluded" instead honestly.

Besides, some people have a warped view of reality where -- if it isn't negative/bad/self-fulfilling -- it isn't realistic. That isn't being realistic so much as more zombie-driven, toxic-ness that seems to quell some peoples' spirit/entirety of their being. It's like some people WANT bad things to happen -- and then when they do it's reassurance -- when bad things don't happen it's "unrealistic" to them then. The problem is you can swap the word "realistic" with "what I've experienced" and get the same gist of things -- not so much reality but self-affirmation of failure and/or limitations you could say, scaled outward to others as a reflection of what's supposedly "possible" or "real."

I personally think it's too much serotonin/learned helplessness/stress/bad habits that just keep repeating -- not much else explains such a mindset I don't think. Like the same mindset harbors self-pity sometimes, it also brings about a sense of defeat and/or inability to work past difficult situations because every problem becomes insurmountable from one's perspective. Also there is a difference between healthy/constructive criticism and full-blown, jaded negativity/lack of faith in things -- but sometimes it's a very fine line as critics themselves can be seen as encouraging, but could really be of a bad nature behind their words (i.e., giving doubt to discourage).

Last edited:

Arctic Fire

Also, let's not forget the unbelievably detrimental effect that living in a state of fear and anxiety can have.

Agree 100%. The other side of the coin is the impact on health of positive expectations, faith, or confidence. (I am of course not saying it will always be easy or even possible to experience these states, just that they can be powerful.) Think of the placebo experiments and the animal studies of learned helplessness Ray Peat cites. In some studies he mentions, rats needed only one example of escaping stress -- their own experience or an observation of another rat -- to inspire them to keep going. Knowing that escape is possible changes the meaning of stress, and hence its impact.

Gone Peating

Emotional stress can make or break your body, I can see it on myself. Receiving affection, love, appreciation on its various forms is so, so important.
Love, breakups, emotional attachments, being rejected by someone with whom you felt an emotional connection with, all this matter a lot and can have profound effects.

Yes these things definitely transcend our material world. Our material world is the basis of our reality obviously but not the whole thing

Kunstruct

being rejected by someone with whom you felt an emotional connection with

It has to come from both sides to feel an emotional connection otherwise one should ask himself why he doesn't feel emotional connections with all the people he has talked to and has interacted with.
Your expectations and the partner's expectations can be just that, expectations based of what one has seen superficially with others. When one or the other sees things are not as they imagined people go away.
Like I have said before first time interactions are fake from both parties, the same way you were fake, the same the other person was fake, no one is going to pour all their troubles and show how they really are. Usually it is all kind of games and facades at first (social constructs) then when people know each other just a bit better they realize they don't like each other.

Not sure if you have a job and your own place, but things get a bit more less romantic emotional when such types of pressures enter your life (job, rent, food).

Kunstruct

Also I do not believe that one can be "happy" surrounded by depressed or negative-sided people. That kind of stuff does not fly, let's say your are 21 and living with your depressed parents, and naturally you also get depressed as all you have learned is from them, living with them, eating with them, experiencing all kind of news and places with them. You can realize at some point things are not good, trying to convince the ones around you that you all could be happier if all would be happier will 100% not work.
You need to get out of such places.
Unfortunately being with non-compassionate sarcastic happy people around you won't help you either, as then you will feel their lack of empathy to any of your problems and literally will be hard to make a connection with them and even feel like being put down every time.
One must be careful with this sort of things also.

Runenight201

Agree 100%. The other side of the coin is the impact on health of positive expectations, faith, or confidence. (I am of course not saying it will always be easy or even possible to experience these states, just that they can be powerful.) Think of the placebo experiments and the animal studies of learned helplessness Ray Peat cites. In some studies he mentions, rats needed only one example of escaping stress -- their own experience or an observation of another rat -- to inspire them to keep going. Knowing that escape is possible changes the meaning of stress, and hence its impact.

Do you have reference to that study/article? I’ve have this notion that humans are the most advanced, complex
form of biological life, but all of our traits,
emotions, behavior, etc... all have their kindling underpinnings in the lower complexity animals.

We are Life understanding itself, to the point where ironically it can cause us more harm than good! Hidden behind the veil of our sensory hallucinations is the pure essence of reality, chaotic and immense! Imagine we eventually are able to lift such a veil, and SEE reality as it really is, but what utility would that have? Why would the individual bother trying any longer! Would we not be better off had we never bitten into the apple?

Also I do not believe that one can be "happy" surrounded by depressed or negative-sided people. That kind of stuff does not fly, let's say your are 21 and living with your depressed parents, and naturally you also get depressed as all you have learned is from them, living with them, eating with them, experiencing all kind of news and places with them. You can realize at some point things are not good, trying to convince the ones around you that you all could be happier if all would be happier will 100% not work.
You need to get out of such places.
Unfortunately being with non-compassionate sarcastic happy people around you won't help you either, as then you will feel their lack of empathy to any of your problems and literally will be hard to make a connection with them and even feel like being put down every time.
One must be careful with this sort of things also.

Perhaps the damned precisely need the saved to lead them to salvation. I go back and forth on these things, but I see how quickly internal state is modified from the correct dietary inputs, the point where energy, happiness, joy, etc... are decided by the food that enters into my mouth environment be damned! When such emotional states can be so strongly influenced by the dietary nourishment, why not be the beacon of light to lead the lost ships to bay!

pepsi

There is a post about doxycycline ability to block traumatising emotions and fear.
I vouch for it. I have dramatically reduced my traumas and fearfull episodes recall after 3 months on doxy.
How much doxycycline did you take daily to achieve that?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals