Feeling old/suppressed emotions vs. cultivating new emotions

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Hello friends,

this is a topic that has been bothering me for a long time. I seriously ask myself how important it is to feel your emotions. Especially if it is (unjustified) fear or shame or something like that.

Most recent psychology literature always talks about feeling everything. All emotions and sensations are to be welcomed (which makes sense in a metabolic context somewhere).

But someone like me, who deals a lot with PTSD, where does the road of feeling lead?

I often envision myself sitting down, meditating, and cultivating new emotions like peace, love, and happiness. But when I sit there, I feel this warm fear in my lower abdomen that desperately wants me to look. Like there's something there for the taking. So I try to soften my mind body contraction and it eventually this feeling also gets easier, but even when I "finish" feeling this feeling, no new pathways have been created in my brain (or have they?).

When the literature talks about suppressed emotions, are there any scientific explanations for this?

From my experience I can say that if I manage NOT to give in to that warm fear in my gut and manage to feel NEW emotions, to smile even when I don't feel like it, to feel little molecules of love, then sometimes I manage to break out of the PTSD cycle and have a wonderful day.

I just have to do it every day, otherwise something in me goes back to default mode.

Sometimes I think my path of healing is a fake it till you make it, because where should positive pathways come from when I have experienced almost only drama in my life?

Greetings from Berlin

Sinjin

I think the idea that emotions get stuck when they are supressed has some validity, but I wouldn't know how to approach PTSD in that way, and it would probably bea good idea to talk to someone who's tackled PTSD that way before to avoid aggravating the problem. I really like an approach called the wonder method by Alain Herriot which is based in releasing emoptions by feeling them, you could email him ti ask if it's an appropriate therapy for PTSD. There are other techniques that approach subconcious feelings in a less direct way, like Core Transformation and the Internal Familys Systems, those could be worth checking out, but again, not sure if they would be applicable to clinical PTSD.

Herbie

It's because of serotonin. If you lower it and get thyroid working you will no longer look back and either in the moment or thinking about navigating the future.

The past is only good to learn from for making decisions for the future.

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
It's because of serotonin. If you lower it and get thyroid working you will no longer look back and either in the moment or thinking about navigating the future.

The past is only good to learn from for making decisions for the future.
My Revere T3 is very high. Could be that you are right.
How i can lower it?

Kimster

Forum Supporter
Though not a supplemental intervention, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) has proven repeatedly to help overcome PTSD.
Also Faster EFT called Eutaptics works great too!
Just a thought!

The good thing is that the brain can recover quite fast. What's needed is a break of the negative cycle cascade. Here the problem comes, the PTSD brain will be more reactive to stress than a healthy one and external supplementation of thyroid, progesterone and aspirin are a must to restore glucose oxidation in the brain.
I remember how I saw the world 5 years ago. Everything felt empty and false. After a year of peating I started getting better results but what made the difference was cutting out starch and milk. Starch is a problem due to their high glycemic index, insulin raises to the point of forcing cortisol to regulate it which inhibits glucose oxidation + endotoxin from undigested starches making you feel like a zombie, especially if you have PTSD. Sugar on the other hand is way easier to digest and decreases cortisol to the point of sedation if you run on stress mode.
My brother had the same harsh childhood as me and he was actually healthier than me when I was 20 years old. He was 23. I started peating and he continued with the mainstream diet. He is big now and muscular, but he has around 400 ng/dl testosterone, always tired, low vitamin D, dissociated and delusional.

FaYing

Hello friends,

this is a topic that has been bothering me for a long time. I seriously ask myself how important it is to feel your emotions. Especially if it is (unjustified) fear or shame or something like that.

Most recent psychology literature always talks about feeling everything. All emotions and sensations are to be welcomed (which makes sense in a metabolic context somewhere).

But someone like me, who deals a lot with PTSD, where does the road of feeling lead?

I often envision myself sitting down, meditating, and cultivating new emotions like peace, love, and happiness. But when I sit there, I feel this warm fear in my lower abdomen that desperately wants me to look. Like there's something there for the taking. So I try to soften my mind body contraction and it eventually this feeling also gets easier, but even when I "finish" feeling this feeling, no new pathways have been created in my brain (or have they?).

When the literature talks about suppressed emotions, are there any scientific explanations for this?

From my experience I can say that if I manage NOT to give in to that warm fear in my gut and manage to feel NEW emotions, to smile even when I don't feel like it, to feel little molecules of love, then sometimes I manage to break out of the PTSD cycle and have a wonderful day.

I just have to do it every day, otherwise something in me goes back to default mode.

Sometimes I think my path of healing is a fake it till you make it, because where should positive pathways come from when I have experienced almost only drama in my life?

Greetings from Berlin
Hello Bounce,

Good that you are reaching out, it's the start of a healing intention, congratulations. There are different pathathysiology to chronic depression...based on my personal experience, it's sufficient protein (0.5g-1.6g/kg weight based on normal to high activity levels), pregnenolone (100mg), vitamin e (750mg) and vitamin Bs - that improves the well-being of one family member. His long-term emotional/character/relationship issues turned out to be signs of adrenal insufficiency, and the above resolved those issues to a great extent. Also getting enough vitamin D especially sunshine. Good nutrition status will be needed to effectively resolve traumatic experiences. Also, we cannot force ourselves into positivities without first letting out the stored negative emotions.

Hope this helps.

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Hello Bounce,

Good that you are reaching out, it's the start of a healing intention, congratulations. There are different pathathysiology to chronic depression...based on my personal experience, it's sufficient protein (0.5g-1.6g/kg weight based on normal to high activity levels), pregnenolone (100mg), vitamin e (750mg) and vitamin Bs - that improves the well-being of one family member. His long-term emotional/character/relationship issues turned out to be signs of adrenal insufficiency, and the above resolved those issues to a great extent. Also getting enough vitamin D especially sunshine. Good nutrition status will be needed to effectively resolve traumatic experiences. Also, we cannot force ourselves into positivities without first letting out the stored negative emotions.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. It's hard to get pregnenolon in Germany. But i want to try it because Ray and Georgie and Danny also talk about it a lot. You mention a b Vitamin. Which one? Thiamine?

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
The good thing is that the brain can recover quite fast. What's needed is a break of the negative cycle cascade. Here the problem comes, the PTSD brain will be more reactive to stress than a healthy one and external supplementation of thyroid, progesterone and aspirin are a must to restore glucose oxidation in the brain.
I remember how I saw the world 5 years ago. Everything felt empty and false. After a year of peating I started getting better results but what made the difference was cutting out starch and milk. Starch is a problem due to their high glycemic index, insulin raises to the point of forcing cortisol to regulate it which inhibits glucose oxidation + endotoxin from undigested starches making you feel like a zombie, especially if you have PTSD. Sugar on the other hand is way easier to digest and decreases cortisol to the point of sedation if you run on stress mode.
My brother had the same harsh childhood as me and he was actually healthier than me when I was 20 years old. He was 23. I started peating and he continued with the mainstream diet. He is big now and muscular, but he has around 400 ng/dl testosterone, always tired, low vitamin D, dissociated and delusional.
Thank you for your Posting. Why you think that the abstenence of Milk was helping? And how much aspirin you would suggest?

FaYing

Thank you. It's hard to get pregnenolon in Germany. But i want to try it because Ray and Georgie and Danny also talk about it a lot. You mention a b Vitamin. Which one? Thiamine?
You are welcome. Dr Peat talked about Thiamine (B1), Niacin (B3) and Pyridoxine (B6) in the following vids. B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 are responsible for ATP metabolism in one way or another. B1, B6 and B12 support the nervous system also. And when someone is under stress, he/she uses up B5 (pantothenic acid) quickly, Likewise for protein, cortisol breaks down muscles and bones and sufficient protein helps buffer the stress response.

Correction: Vitamin E dosage should be in iu (ie. 750 iu, not mg)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enFF00HkP4E

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsUJDRvOw0

Thank you for your Posting. Why you think that the abstenence of Milk was helping? And how much aspirin you would suggest?
@Travis talked about casomorphines in milk. Cow's milk has the strongest effects. If we can't digest casein properly, which I think no one can do it 100%, we get the effects of the casomorphines which are similar to morphine. In my experience cow's milk gave me shortness of breath, sleep apnea, dissociation from reality, anhedonia and autism to the point of not being able to follow a conversation. In the first few minutes after ingesting milk I get high from it, but then I become tired, bored and the other symptoms above.
Buttermilk which contains Lactobacillus, @Travis also talked about it and he said that the bacteria may help the degradation of the protein, which is true because the effects were way easier to tolerate. In the end, I still felt a bit autistic, but once in a while it's fine for me.
I started experimenting with goat's milk, and it's known that it has weaker casomorphines than cow's milk. The symptoms I felt were pronounced only the next day which were dissociation and loss of concentration, which is way better than cow's milk. I didn't experience any shortness of breath, sleep apnea, autism or anhedonia. It did affect a bit my conversations due to loss of concentration, but if I would have to focus my mind on a task at hand I could do it easily. It's more a lack of multi-tasking.

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
You are welcome. Dr Peat talked about Thiamine (B1), Niacin (B3) and Pyridoxine (B6) in the following vids. B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 are responsible for ATP metabolism in one way or another. B1, B6 and B12 support the nervous system also. And when someone is under stress, he/she uses up B5 (pantothenic acid) quickly, Likewise for protein, cortisol breaks down muscles and bones and sufficient protein helps buffer the stress response.

Correction: Vitamin E dosage should be in iu (ie. 750 iu, not mg)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enFF00HkP4E

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsUJDRvOw0

In that Interview he talked about a dose about 100mg from b1. I think he dont talk about hcl or?

FaYing

In that Interview he talked about a dose about 100mg from b1. I think he dont talk about hcl or?
Yeah in both videos Dr Peat said 10mg of Thiamine (B1), and 100mg in emergent situations (but not for long term due to impurities). He didnt talked about hcl in the vid, he talked about intestinal permeability before. The Gut-brain axis, Georgi has some good threads on this, for example - Endotoxin (LPS) May Cause Depression / Anhedonia

Pablo Cruise

Hello friends,

Greetings from Berlin
I think I can relate to your current quandry. I think this is important because I see you are focusing on some finite thoughts. People are talking specifics like vitamins and seratonin. I think there is bigger picture for you to strive for. I would focus on the big picture. I don't believe the solutions you seek are just one particular thing. I think you could, not should, look at your everyday life and see how you can continue to take part in that life. Keep your interests. Look forward like you are going to live forever. Be engaged. I believe by focusing on these ideas you will not have to concern yourself with peace, love as endpoints but ideas that will happen if you look ahead as I suggest. We cannot look back for a simple solution. There are no easy solutions. Point yourself forward in your life and I believe all will fall into place. If you suffer from PTSD, seek counseling. People want you to be happy in your life. You are not alone in the world.

Hello friends,

Greetings from Berlin
I have been doing a lot of inward thinking myself. I have always been one to fight negative emotions. In the last year and a half I have been letting myself look back, and face the bad times, and journal about them. I only keep the papers for a short time, because I seem to be in a different place most times I reread them. I can’t help, but feel the sad emotions, but I find the most important thing now is to have no regrets. The sadness is just a deep emotion, but it is the self-imposed regret that is debilitating. Sometimes we take risks or react to situations that we might not do differently now, but nevertheless it got us a little further in life. They are just life lessons, and if we are wiser for them then it was good. Looking back should only help us to see how far we have some, not make us feel sad or discouraged. If we haven’t changed much then one should take a serious look at what they are living for, self or to make a difference in the world, in big or small ways. Living in the moment is all we surely have, so we need to make the best with that time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals