Controlling or regulating emotions?

I got an idea in mind about this.
In a situation where we let's say have financial debt, the stress that comes from it becomes sadness. What would be the best approach knowing that only time will resolve it. To fight back the emotion by forcing yourself to think that you are strong, able to do it (like in a LSD bad trip) or you just live the emotion that will also lead to lower confidence/ego, a feeling-like the state of learned helplessness.

When fighting back I feel more confident afterwards but also I hardly see the world with child eyes. The good feeling of walking in nature is not as strongly present.

I would like to know, not what makes life easier, but what it's healthier.

I believe living the emotion, but sometimes you can get into the extremes where you get angry/sad for little things without realizing it due to the full acceptance of all emotions.

Runenight201

I’ve found that the better my diet is, the better my hormones are, the better I am at regulating emotions.

In my opinion, being resilient in the face of adversity is the best response to have.

Obviously life itself is traumatic, but I have found that those that are able to stay functional and even keeled through trauma to be the most capable.

Overton

Agree on diet, digestion, sleep, light etc. being key. What I also find helpful is separating from the emotion as an observer of it, and letting it pass through. Almost like a form of peristalsis or food passing through your system.

It is not so much about getting the emotion to calm down, it is about you (the observer) calming down and letting the emotion do its thing without resisting.

Resisting the emotion, or fighting back as you say, can be like a form of constipation where it gets stuck in your system and then there are triggering inputs that will rile up that stuck emotion again like an inflammation. The work of Michael Singer has helped me with this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals