My experience with (a lack of) dreams

InChristAlone

arnt some events in your dreams desagreable when you eat bananas?
No not usually. For me what increases nightmares and serotonin are things like cooked and cooled potatoes for a few days in a row, nuts, popcorn, anything that's really irritating to the intestine.

Do you consume bananas & mangoes every night? I def dream when I go to bed on time and adding 1-3 drops of Tyromix sublingually but I'd have to explore Vit B6 then.
I don't eat mangoes everyday just another option for those who don't want bananas. I like eating my fruit in the beginning of the day.

V

valdz

I don't eat mangoes everyday just another option for those who don't want bananas. I like eating my fruit in the beginning of the day.
Gotcha. Is there a difference between P5P and pyridoxine hcl? Which one is better?

Neo

Ray replied to my question of whether it's a sign of improvement if one starts dreaming after not having them for a while:
Not necessarily, it’s the whole sleep structure that’s important

InChristAlone

Gotcha. Is there a difference between P5P and pyridoxine hcl? Which one is better?
P5P is very strong I never messed around with it as it can cause nerve problems. I'm sure pyridoxine works fine.

Ignoramus

This isn't scientific, but when I stop dreaming I tend to get into uncreative ruts, and hence I take that as I sign that I need to take a break and focus on rest.

I took an extended break from caffeine and I dreamed like crazy. A tiny bit of progesterone topically gives me wild dreams too. Napping during the day (only possible for me without caffeine) results in the craziest dreams of all. Eating more carbohydrates seems to make me breathe better at night (I guess from the extra CO2), which makes me more likely to reach and finish REM sleep properly. If I feel 'deficient' in dreams then I'll use Cyproheptadine for a couple of nights; this allows me to get a lot of REM sleep. Using Cypro every day makes me unmotivated though.

iso1

Stick around on this site and read, listen, etc to Peat.

I've shared a bit in my posts, so do a search on them as it was and still is quite basic.
Men... you could have just posted briefly what you did, instead of asking me to scroll through hundreds of your messages. I was asking about your personal experience and you referred me to some general advice to ''read the forum''. Not helpful at all. How is it hard to explain in few words what you did and what you took.

Vileplume

I recall a KMUD interview with Ray, forget which one, where he said that pleasant dreams before waking up were a good sign. The main idea was that your dreams should usher you pleasantly into the day, readying you to get up and carry about your waking life happily.

The converse, nightmares, would then be a sign of some dysfunction. And I suppose no dreams at all, ever, might signal some dysfunction too.

Beastmode

Men... you could have just posted briefly what you did, instead of asking me to scroll through hundreds of your messages. I was asking about your personal experience and you referred me to some general advice to ''read the forum''. Not helpful at all. How is it hard to explain in few words what you did and what you took.

Move on and do what you feel is right for you.

A few words....."master the basics." If you don't know what that means via a Peat influenced approach, start reading and listening.

nigma

I'm also very interested in this. I've taken B6 and P5P (with magnesium) and only noticed a very minor increase in dreams. Sleeping with a grounding strap has also helped. The idea of lowering chronic stress hormones (which are antagonistic to androgens) seems to intuitively make sense as a solution.

lampofred

No not usually. For me what increases nightmares and serotonin are things like cooked and cooled potatoes for a few days in a row, nuts, popcorn, anything that's really irritating to the intestine.

Any nuts in particular that are more likely to cause nightmares than others?

InChristAlone

I'm not really sure. I just don't consume many nuts anymore and when I do it's usually peanuts or almonds. I have IBS cramps triggered by whole grains and nuts so my situation may be unique. The resistant starches can also be an issue.

Nomane Euger

To me lampo, anything beside grass fed meat fat organs salt and honey will
Make my dreams from perfect to at least a slight underground feeling of something is wrong,like if I enjoy something in my dream there will be a slight int of discomfort,shame....these negatives feelings,even perfectly ripe fruits that make me feel awesome during the day seems to have the same impact on my dreams,in the worst case scenario for bananas and starchs i get dreams where an external force is antagonizing everything iaml trying to accomplish and my personality seems conflicting and splitting with some very unpleasant events,eating at night anything will worsen my dreams,the best dreams i get so far are when I eat my last meal at 6 and half pm and enough fat,flying,sex adventures,and it feel perfect,absolute fullness,and I re live a lot of what I did during the days,and I even learned to certains things trough dreams,per exemple I couldn’t do muscle up,one night I had a conscious dream,i tryed the muscle up and I succeeded it,and as I went through the motion i realized what I was suppose to feel physically and Wich group of muscles I was suppose to activate,i went to the street work out spot and I succeeded it first try,many other things of the sort

Last edited:

peter88

I think things that lower serotonin improve dreams. Chicken liver, white button mushrooms, niacinamide, keeping blood sugar high all improve dreams for me. But it's still unpredictable. I would love to know more how to consistently improve my dreaming, as some of my dreams have been so good that I would consider them some of the best nights of my life, and I would love to have more of such nights.
Why chicken liver in particular?

DojaCat

When I was on antidepresants I dreamed every night very vividly. Now that I'm off them due to the realisation that they do much more harm than good i still dream most nights but i forget most in the morning

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals