Are Dreams created by the body for specific purposes ?

JamesGatz

I have been experimenting with different sleeping positions lately and I notice that every time I awake from sleep from a wet dream - I am always laying on my back - when I go to sleep I always try to sleep either on my side or more recently I have been testing going to sleep sitting up in a reclined position - you can think about the position like if you fell asleep in a car and the chair was reclined surprisingly I have positive results like this - I have never woken up from a wet dream while sleeping on my side or sleeping sitting in a reclined chair - but 100% of the time I have woken up from a wet dream laying down on my back - I am thinking if laying down on the back increases pressure on the prostate and the body's solution is to get the man to ejaculate ? Ejaculation seems to shrink the prostate shortly after the activity so my theory is that when you sleep on the back there might be pressure on the prostate if your testosterone/androgens are high especially and the body needs to shrink the size of the prostate to accommodate the pressure by ejaculation - what do users think of this ?

1ba7586c-31d7-4045-b888-44ad26f2b603_1.988311a724ccd3f997889703a87e1c87.jpg

My mother is someone who has a lot of nightmares - doomsday type dreams - she has been having it for about 20 years or so and she is a serotonergic person I would say - she is very religious and sees these dreams are all foreshadowing real events - I am religious as well and wouldn't deny this claim but I also notice that whenever I have a nightmare my serotonin and other stress hormones are high when I awake from that dream - As soon as I awake from a nightmare I feel like going to the fridge and getting a nice cup of salted OJ or coke - I am not sure if the dream is causing this or I'm thinking what about this :

kanye-west.gif

What if the body runs out of energy while sleeping and there's a stress reaction and so what if they give you a nightmare to wake you up and so you can get more energy from the fridge ? I always awake from a nightmare fairly hungry so I wonder if it is related

All speculation of course but I am interested in hearing experiences - what is then the purpose of the body putting out a nice dream ? One where you are with your friends or with someone you like ? I rarely ever have nice dreams like this - I wonder what could be the purpose ?

Last edited:

DirtySkeeze

I have been experimenting with different sleeping positions lately and I notice that every time I awake from sleep from a wet dream - I am always laying on my back - when I go to sleep I always try to sleep either on my side or more recently I have been testing going to sleep sitting up in a reclined position - you can think about the position like if you fell asleep in a car and the chair was reclined surprisingly I have positive results like this - I have never woken up from a wet dream while sleeping on my side or sleeping sitting in a reclined chair - but 100% of the time I have woken up from a wet dream laying down on my back - I am thinking if laying down on the back increases pressure on the prostate and the body's solution is to get the man to ejaculate ? Ejaculation seems to shrink the prostate shortly after the activity so my theory is that when you sleep on the back there might be pressure on the prostate if your testosterone/androgens are high especially and the body needs to shrink the size of the prostate to accommodate the pressure by ejaculation - what do users think of this ?

View attachment 30224

My mother is someone who has a lot of nightmares - doomsday type dreams - she has been having it for about 20 years or so and she is a serotonergic person I would say - she is very religious and sees these dreams are all foreshadowing real events - I am religious as well and wouldn't deny this claim but I also notice that whenever I have a nightmare my serotonin and other stress hormones are high when I awake from that dream - As soon as I awake from a nightmare I feel like going to the fridge and getting a nice cup of salted OJ or coke - I am not sure if the dream is causing this or I'm thinking what about this :

View attachment 30225

What if the body runs out of energy while sleeping and there's a stress reaction and so what if they give you a nightmare to wake you up and so you can get more energy from the fridge ? I always awake from a nightmare fairly hungry so I wonder if it is related

All speculation of course but I am interested in hearing experiences - what is then the purpose of the body putting out a nice dream ? One where you are with your friends or with someone you like ? I rarely ever have nice dreams like this - I wonder what could be the purpose ?

I recently had a weird dream. Ran into a friend of mine at the store. She told me she was just thinking about me. That night inwas just about to hit the sack and was thinking of her and my forehead got hot and i felt a tear in my eye (not sure why).
Anyways i had a dream about her that night and she was trying tonseduce me. We were both naked in a room and she was saying very provocative things.

The next morning i told her about it and she asked me what time i had the tear in my eye. I said around 830 or 9. She told me she was crying during that time.

She told me she was gonna call me later and she happened to call me the only time i could of spoken to her that day. Right when i pulled out of parking lot to go to next job? (20 minute window)

The whole thing has me scratching my head and still not sure what to do or think. It happened about a week ago.

OccamzRazer

With sensitivity we can use dreams to connect with the future God has for us.

Depending on one's hormonal and spiritual state(s), the future can look more or less bright.

Warrior

Dreams are a huge hint that what we're within isn't "really real" and, just like them, plays out entirely inside your awareness.

"But it all seemed so convincing..."

The entire principle of being immobilized for a third of your life whilst your brain whizzes through bio-electricity at an accelerated rate is ludicrous when seen through that lens as it makes very little evolutionary sense. And yet, it is.

Row, row, row your boat. Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily. Life is not what it seems.

If you learn how to direct your intent during that hypnagogic/pompic state you can see some very interesting things that offer hints about the power of your awareness, true nature of this realm and the implications of reality itself being a huge Game that uses your Soul as a credit to create the illusion of living:

Runenight201

Dreams are just your mind ******* around, a chance to roleplay different scenarios, play around with what ifs. They reveal what’s hidden in your subconscious, what you care about, what scares you, what you want to be.

They don’t predict anything nor do they have any religious connection. If you had a nightmare, it means you have a troubled mind. If you had a wet dream, it means you’re horny af. If you had a pleasant dream, it means you’re in a good place. I really don’t think it’s more complicated than that.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@JamesGatz, you should try IBT.

Sampa

Magnesium makes me deram (remember my dreams) almost everyday. And even with some degree of control in some vivid dreams. This also happens with some of my clients.

Runenight201

Speak for yourself there, some people do see glimpses of future probabilities in dreams :)

Well yes a probability is just that, a potential outcome that is not guaranteed. At any point in time I can imagine a range of potential outcomes for how tomorrow may go, and these fanciful games I play may very well even influence what actions I undertake tomorrow to make what I imagined come true, but they are in no way guaranteeing that they will occur. Any infinite amount of things may occur that may alter whatever imagined timeline I conjured up, ultimately which I cannot possibly have control over.

I may have a dream that I will fall in love with a wonderful woman tomorrow, and then the Chinese decide to nuke the hell out of America for shooting down their balloon and that’s that of my life, no amount of willful thinking will save me from such an outcome.

stoic

A filling, balanced snack before bed, along with some ginger tea, ensures I never get any semblance of nightmares.

Warrior

Magnesium makes me deram (remember my dreams) almost everyday. And even with some degree of control in some vivid dreams. This also happens with some of my clients.

100 - 200mg of B6 and 450mg - 700mg of Magnesium will ensure clear recall and make your dreams nice and vivid. DMAE at 250mg is also a nice addition to this stack. Add in a cup of passion flower tea and you'll be flying.

For real.

CJ_87

The quick response from you again for the expertise person.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals