Babies Experience Life As An LSD Trip, As A Result Of Their High Metabolism

Travis

Can someone who has access to LSD tell me what it feels like to watch this while you're on it and/or coming off it:

I would be careful about doing that, as I had started tripping just from just watching that video alone. That video + 50γ LSD would create colors in your head that Crayola™ could only dream of—i.e. alizarin green, mauve chrysanthemum, terramarine. And if they had actually developed them, necessarily through psychedelic use, these colors are not wax-soluble so you'd never be able to see them any way besides.

Gotta go; it is time for my daily lithium pills, those I'll just probably hide under my tongue this time (lol).

Actually, you can check your methylation status with niacin. Someone like me would get a very uncomfortable flush at levels of 50 mg or lower, while a good methylator would get
this reaction at levels of 100 or 200. A lot of experts on histamine intolerance have clients play around with B vitamins TMG and other sups to create SAM-e, but you can end up
over methylating where they suggest taking niacin to correct that. This seems like a lot of unnecessary trial and error when you can just take the SAM-e supplement.

I think you must read this study here:

Ramaekers, V. T. "Folinic acid treatment for schizophrenia associated with folate receptor autoantibodies." Molecular genetics and metabolism (2014)

'Fifteen of 18 patients (83.3%) had positive serum FRα auto-antibodies compared to only 1 in 30 controls (3.3%). FRα antibody titers in patients fluctuated over time varying between negative and high titers, modulating folate flux to the CNS, which explained low CSF folate values in 6 and normal values in 7 patients. ―Ramaekers

Since this is a larger difference than what is observed in CSF histamine levels (~2.6×), it could be fair to assume that these autoantibodies are a greater contributing factor. Low brain folate reliably reduces brain tetrahydrobiopterin, serotonin, and dopamine and even disturbs myelination leading to epilepsy—sometimes explained by the reduced methylation of phosphotidylcholine, although low alkylglycerol monooxygenase activity could of course play a role—yet does not appear to effect histamine metabolism.

zewe

[QUOTE="Travis, post: 359090, member

I think you must read this study here:

Ramaekers, V. T. "Folinic acid treatment for schizophrenia associated with folate receptor autoantibodies." Molecular genetics and metabolism (2014)

'Fifteen of 18 patients (83.3%) had positive serum FRα auto-antibodies compared to only 1 in 30 controls (3.3%). FRα antibody titers in patients fluctuated over time varying between negative and high titers, modulating folate flux to the CNS, which explained low CSF folate values in 6 and normal values in 7 patients. ―Ramaekers

Since this is a larger difference than what is observed in CSF histamine levels (~2.6×), it could be fair to assume that these autoantibodies are a greater contributing factor. Low brain folate reliably reduces brain tetrahydrobiopterin, serotonin, and dopamine and even disturbs myelination leading to epilepsy—sometimes explained by the reduced methylation of phosphotidylcholine, although low alkylglycerol monooxygenase activity could of course play a role—yet does not appear to effect histamine metabolism.
[/QUOTE]

@Travis I couldn't bring the study up:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
");"><Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<Expires>2018-07-29T06:34:01Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2018-07-30T05:34:11Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>749BF13C9542F3C4</RequestId>
");"><HostId>
/8/bRDtV01CdKWLQRimMCc/vgWvSGZ4r4Kk1KauvJtZDmDTNXafczQpDZ8hDUsC70z8guDLBKkU=
</HostId>
</Error>

Would you please post it for me?

Travis

Would you please post it for me?
Sure. There are many free links to that particular study, and this one here should be more reliable.

zewe

@Travis
Many thanks for the link.

I'll have to print it and take some time reading it. I've recently gotten back my ability to focus intently, but that
fluctuates.

Would it be alright if I message you?

Travis

@Travis
Many thanks for the link.

I'll have to print it and take some time reading it. I've recently gotten back my ability to focus intently, but that
fluctuates.

Would it be alright if I message you?

Sure. There would also be lots of indirect data on FRα autoantibodies, folates, and schizophrenia because you would expect to see many reliable changes measured previously by others: (1) brain serotonin reduced, (2) brain dopamine reduced, (3) brain acetylcholine reduced, and (4) all brain pterins reduced because the FRα on the blood–brain barrier transports all of them. Folate and tetrahydrobiopterin are cofactors for many brain enzymes, and those responsible for synthesizing above-listed neurotransmitters are: (1) tryptophan hydroxylase, (2) dopamine hydroxylase, and (3) serine hydroxymethyltransferase coupled with methionine synthetase.

The enzyme serine hydroxymethyltransferase needs folate as a cofactor in a process that actually creates a methyl group, or breaks a carbon–carbon bond for one. The thus-formed methylfolate is then is available for methionine synthetase, an enzyme where is serves as co-cofactor along with vitamin B₁₂. As you probably know, the latter enzyme regenerates S-adenosylmethionine from S-adenosylhomocysteine, perhaps explaining the low concentrations of SAM observed in many schizophrenics. Folate is needed for methyl groups, and ultimately for high-acetylcholine synthesis.

Folate is also needed for the synthesis of three out of the four dNA bases.

Barliman

Peat wrote a few times on the brain's innate need to dream and how anti-serotonin chemicals like LSD removes the barriers on consciousness imposed by an authoritarian culture. He said that the ability to dream in an awake state is an indication of high metabolic rate and that is a testament to serotonin's negative effect on metabolism - a serotonin antagonist like LSD intensifies greatly a biomarker (awake dreaming) of high metabolism. He has also spoken about the high metabolic rate of young children and their ability to quickly heal from trauma or overcome disease much more easily than adults.
http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1975/pdf/1975-v04n03-p189.pdf
"...LSD works the other way, stimulating intense dreams even when awake, but causing a few dreamless nights when its direct effect wears off. (Para-chloro-phenylalanine, which blocks serotonin synthesis, not only interferes with sleep — especially R.E.M. sleep —but it causes rats to reject alcohol, and to become hypersexual, Campbell, 1970). The dream process involves greater conductivity through the head, whether it happens during sleep or when awake (my unpublished observations). This suggests that it corresponds to a high efficiency "resting" state."

Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation
"...Some recent reviews have discussed the evidence supporting the serotonin system as primarily inhibitory and protective (Anne Frederickson, 1998, Neil Goodman, 2002). Goodman describes the serotonergic system as one of our "diffuse neuroregulatory systems," and suggests that drugs such as LSD weaken its inhibitory, filtering effect. (Jacobs, 1983, 1987: by changes in the effects of serotonin in the brain, produced by things that affect its synthesis, release, catabolism, or receptor action.) LSD depresses the rate of firing of serotonergic nerves in the raphe nuclei (Trulson and Jacobs, 1979) causing arousal similar to stimulation of the reticular formation, as if by facilitating sensory input into the reticular formation (Bowman and Rand, 1980)."

In confirmation of this statements, the study below discovered that the brains of awake babies have very similar activity to adult brains while in state of dreaming and the brains of animals given LSD. Blake thought that the doors on perception are artificially kept semi-closed for cultural reasons - i.e. the ability to focus and do work for the enrichment of the powers that be. While Blake is not known to have used LSD, he stated several times that the child-like state of open/full perception can be restored by increasing exposure to novel situations and avoiding authoritarian (I think he called them "stiff") minds. Aside from LSD, other anti-serotonin chemicals also have similar effects. In my experience, while serotonin antagonists like cyproheptadine are not hallucinogenic, they also have quite a liberating effect on openness to new experiences and creative thought. Less sedating alternatives like ondansetron have also been reported in animal studies to increase cognitive ability and creative problem solving.

For Babies, Life May Be a Trip
"...But recently, neuroscientists have started to explore other states of consciousness. In research published in Nature in 2017, Giulio Tononi of the University of Wisconsin and colleagues looked at what happens when we dream. They measured brain activity as people slept, waking them up at regular intervals to ask whether they had been dreaming. Then the scientists looked at what the brain had been doing just before the sleepers woke up. When people reported dreaming, parts of the back of the brain were much more active—like the areas that are active in babies. The prefrontal area, on the other hand, shuts down during sleep."

"...A number of recent studies also explore the brain activity that accompanies psychedelic experiences. A study published last month in the journal Cell by David Olson of the University of California, Davis, and colleagues looked at how mind-altering chemicals affect synapses in rats. They found that a wide range of psychedelic chemicals made the brain more plastic, leading brain cells to grow more connections. It’s as if the cells went back to their malleable, infantile state."

"...In other words, the brains of dreamers and trippers looked more like those of young children than those of focused, hard-working adults. In a way, this makes sense. When you have a dream or a psychedelic experience, it’s hard to focus your attention or control your thoughts—which is why reporting these experiences is notoriously difficult. At the same time, when you have a vivid nightmare or a mind-expanding experience, you certainly feel more conscious than you are in boring, everyday life. In the same way, an infant’s consciousness may be less focused and controlled than an adult’s but more vivid and immediate, combining perception, memory and imagination. Being a baby may be both stranger and more intense than we think."

Think about it for a minute--- what on earth have I done?

How could anything be stranger than that?
:)

nwo2012

I was using Tianeptine in small roughly 10mg doses and it did sharpen focus.
Then the powder, over time, clumped together to make a large gooey blob. I broke a small piece off and ate it. Couple of hours later it felt like a real high, similar to the bad old days of recreational drug use. I wanted to talk much like being high on cocaine/amphetamine.
Weighed a similar sized piece and it weighed 250mg. Good ***t!

cellboy

I once overdid lisuride after a heavy fapping session and then got dizzy and started seeing shadows haunting me from every corner. After an hour i got terrible headaches and passed out. To this day i dont really know why that happened. Definitely not a pleasant experience imo

Peatogenic

I do this often, say I have a crush on a girl, I can create a dream of me and her walking through a garden as vividly as dreaming or life while I’m just sitting awake in the day, eyes open and everything else dissolves away.

That seems more like imagination. "Dreaming" is so vague. And imagination would actually be more fitting if Blake is going to be brought into the picture.

magnesiumania

I think psychedelics has planted the seed needed to more deeply understand metabolism at all., for me. This experience of enhanced metabolism gives also insights into how the body works.

Collden

"Aldous Huxley was one of the first people to think about the general biological meaning of drugs such as LSD. Referring to the ideas of Henri Bergson and William Blake, he suggested that the brain usually acts as a filter, or "reducing valve," to make us disregard most of the information we are receiving through our senses, and that the psychedelic drugs temporarily remove the filter, or open the sensory reducing valve. Bergson had suggested that the filter was a practical measure needed to allow us to focus on practical survival needs; Blake had suggested that the doors of perception were kept closed for cultural reasons." - Peat

I've never taken LSD but when I took a very high dose of mushrooms I would not describe the experience as hallucinating, in contrast it made the world appear far more vivid and real than ordinarily. Made ordinary waking consciousness seem like a grainy black and white photograph representation of reality, or as if I had just awakened from a deep slumber and was experiencing the real world for the first time.

Since thyroid antagonizes serotonin, would that mean that with high thyroid function the doors of perception become more permanently opened? Are high-thyroid individuals experiencing everyday life as if on a low dose of LSD?

Last edited:

Cloudhands

Energy is literally the potential to do anything, and LSD elicits extremely novel thought patterns, images and creativity, making it presumable that there may be a correlation between lsd and the energy transport of an organism. But its not the LSD molecule directly responsible, but rather all of the effects it has on neurotransmitters and horomones

Peatogenic

"Aldous Huxley was one of the first people to think about the general biological meaning of drugs such as LSD. Referring to the ideas of Henri Bergson and William Blake, he suggested that the brain usually acts as a filter, or "reducing valve," to make us disregard most of the information we are receiving through our senses, and that the psychedelic drugs temporarily remove the filter, or open the sensory reducing valve. Bergson had suggested that the filter was a practical measure needed to allow us to focus on practical survival needs; Blake had suggested that the doors of perception were kept closed for cultural reasons." - Peat

I've never taken LSD but when I took a very high dose of mushrooms I would not describe the experience as hallucinating, in contrast it made the world appear far more vivid and real than ordinarily. Made ordinary waking consciousness seem like a grainy black and white photograph representation of reality, or as if I had just awakened from a deep slumber and was experiencing the real world for the first time.

Since thyroid antagonizes serotonin, would that mean that with high thyroid function the doors of perception become more permanently opened? Are high-thyroid individuals experiencing everyday life as if on a low dose of LSD?

Makes me think of an opposite experience to dissociation/depersonalisation.

Frankdee20

Anyone ever discuss DMT on here ? It’s the king of psychedelics, but also a tryptamine (serotonin structure)..... What’s up with the entities and elves ?

boris

@Frankdee20
Regarding entities. One aspect of the psychedelics effects is a crosslinking or openness between different brain regions and memories. Another is perceiving an effortless approximation to an aesthetic form. That aspect is also visible in the perfect fractals that you can experience like the mandelbrot set. On certain mushrooms you can look at scratchmarks on a board and when you soften the focus of your eyes everything will shift around slightly and rearrange itself into a pleasant composition based on the golden mean. The same can happen with an idea or a problem or sounds and music. And often your brain will recognize human and animal faces in a pile of clothes or any pattern or surface you look at really.

I think these effects are involved to create the "entities", it's as if you worked on creating a character for a movie, but it happens instantaneously just like the scratchmarks rearranging themselves into an artwork or you recognizing a face in a treebark on a low dose of mushrooms. On a certain dose of DMT you lose all sensory input from outside, when associations are completely free to roam I think the brain tends to create these living characters. Think about how your brain creates realistic interactions with other humans when you dream.

[I would avoid DMT though, it seems like people can shift more easily into a negative place on it, especially on low doses without the full visuals setting in. Don't know if it's related to the purity of the extraction or the molecule itself. LSD and mushrooms seem easier to navigate. But I am not sure about that.]

Collden

Makes me think of an opposite experience to dissociation/depersonalisation.
Thats interesting, I never experienced depersonalization but in some spiritual circles it seems to be considered the flip side of achieving oneness with reality as a result of ego dissolution, as if ego dissolution had the potential to make you either completely detatch from reality, or to immerse yourself in it more fully than ever. I think this can be because for some people, their consciousness interprets ego dissolution as the ultimate threat (that of dying), and for some it will be interpreted as the ultimate liberation, allowing them to move beyond the fear of ego death and fully and fearlessly engage with life.

The article by Peat linked in the OP is a really great piece on the link between physiology and consciousness. Serotonin is the main regulator of sensory gating (ie inhibiting/closing the doors of perception) and also the main hormone involved in defensive and harm/threat avoiding behaviors. It then implies that there is a direct link between psychological trauma or the extent to which a person is fearful of his environment - and the richness/vividness of his lived experience. The more anxious, fearful and harm-avoidant an individual is, the more his brain will filter out sensory perceptions and essentially shut down his consciousness, narrowly focusing only on that which is deemed necessary for survival.

The fact that depersonalization is strongly linked with intense psychological trauma seems to bear this out - when you are so traumatized that existence itself becomes threatening, your brain has no choice but to shut off its consciousness to such an extent that your whole lived experience seems fake, unreal and drained of all vividness, to prevent your psyche from becoming overwhelmed.

Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation
"Some recent reviews have discussed the evidence supporting the serotonin system as primarily inhibitory and protective (Anne Frederickson, 1998, Neil Goodman, 2002). Goodman describes the serotonergic system as one of our "diffuse neuroregulatory systems," and suggests that drugs such as LSD weaken its inhibitory, filtering effect. (Jacobs, 1983, 1987: by changes in the effects of serotonin in the brain, produced by things that affect its synthesis, release, catabolism, or receptor action.) LSD depresses the rate of firing of serotonergic nerves in the raphe nuclei (Trulson and Jacobs, 1979) causing arousal similar to stimulation of the reticular formation, as if by facilitating sensory input into the reticular formation (Bowman and Rand, 1980)."

"...In this newer view, high serotonin production causes behavioral inhibition and harm avoidance, which are traits of the authoritarian personality, while anti-authorians tend to have "novelty seeking" personalities, with high dopamine and low serotonin functions."

"For example, there have been suggestions that early life isolation of an animal can affect its serotonergic activity and increase its anxiety, aggression, or susceptibility to stress (Malick and Barnett, 1976, Malick, 1979, dos Santos, et al, 2010), and these effects are associated with increased risk of becoming depressed, and developing organic problems. Animals kept in darkness (or with blurring lenses) become nearsighted, as the eyeball grows longer under the influence of increased serotonin, and the eyes are protected against myopia by serotonin antagonists (George, et al., 2005). The incidence of myopia is increasing, at least in countries with industrialized economies, and is more common in females."

"The increase of inhibitory serotonin with stress and depression is probably biologically related to the role of serotonin in hibernation, which is an extreme example of "harm avoidance" by withdrawal. A diet high in polyunsaturated fat increases the tendency to go into hibernation, probably by increasing the brain's uptake of tryptophan. When this is combined with an increasingly cold environment, the form of MAO that removes serotonin decreases its activity, while the form that removes norepinephrine increases its activity. The metabolite of serotonin, 5-HIAA, decreases, as the effect of serotonin increases."

"Researchers in Brasil have suggested that the serotonergic system facilitates conditioned fear, while inhibiting the fight or flight reaction, and that this can protectively limit the stress response (Graeff, et al., 1996). "5HT systems reduce the impact of impending or actual aversive events. Anticipation of an aversive event is associated with anxiety and this motivates avoidance behaviour" (Deakin, 1990). In a stressful situation, the serotonergic nerves can prevent ulcers. In other contexts, though, increased serotonin can cause ulcers.

The protective, defensive reactions involving serotonin's blocking of certain types of reaction to ordinary stresses, are similar to the effects of serotonin in hibernation and in Alzheimer's disease (Mamelak, 1997; Heininger, 2000; Perry, et al., 2002). In those extreme conditions, serotonin reduces energy expenditure, eliminating all brain functions except those needed for simple survival. These parallels suggest that improving energy production, for example by providing ketones as an alternative energy source, while reducing the stress hormones, might be able to replace the defensive reactions with restorative adaptive nerve processes, preventing or reversing Alzheimer's disease."

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals