Babies Experience Life As An LSD Trip, As A Result Of Their High Metabolism

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Travis

Travis Member

I would be careful about doing that, as I had started tripping just from just watching that video alone. That video + 50γ LSD would create colors in your head that Crayola™ could only dream of—i.e. alizarin green, mauve chrysanthemum, terramarine. And if they had actually developed them, necessarily through psychedelic use, these colors are not wax-soluble so you'd never be able to see them any way besides.

Gotta go; it is time for my daily lithium pills, those I'll just probably hide under my tongue this time (lol).

I think you must read this study here:

Ramaekers, V. T. "Folinic acid treatment for schizophrenia associated with folate receptor autoantibodies." Molecular genetics and metabolism (2014)

'Fifteen of 18 patients (83.3%) had positive serum FRα auto-antibodies compared to only 1 in 30 controls (3.3%). FRα antibody titers in patients fluctuated over time varying between negative and high titers, modulating folate flux to the CNS, which explained low CSF folate values in 6 and normal values in 7 patients. ―Ramaekers

Since this is a larger difference than what is observed in CSF histamine levels (~2.6×), it could be fair to assume that these autoantibodies are a greater contributing factor. Low brain folate reliably reduces brain tetrahydrobiopterin, serotonin, and dopamine and even disturbs myelination leading to epilepsy—sometimes explained by the reduced methylation of phosphotidylcholine, although low alkylglycerol monooxygenase activity could of course play a role—yet does not appear to effect histamine metabolism.

2. smith

smith Member

everyone loves Babies and LSD

3. Aaron

Aaron Member

This forum is like an LSD trip sometimes.

4. zewe

zewe Member

[QUOTE="Travis, post: 359090, member

I think you must read this study here:

Ramaekers, V. T. "Folinic acid treatment for schizophrenia associated with folate receptor autoantibodies." Molecular genetics and metabolism (2014)

'Fifteen of 18 patients (83.3%) had positive serum FRα auto-antibodies compared to only 1 in 30 controls (3.3%). FRα antibody titers in patients fluctuated over time varying between negative and high titers, modulating folate flux to the CNS, which explained low CSF folate values in 6 and normal values in 7 patients. ―Ramaekers

Since this is a larger difference than what is observed in CSF histamine levels (~2.6×), it could be fair to assume that these autoantibodies are a greater contributing factor. Low brain folate reliably reduces brain tetrahydrobiopterin, serotonin, and dopamine and even disturbs myelination leading to epilepsy—sometimes explained by the reduced methylation of phosphotidylcholine, although low alkylglycerol monooxygenase activity could of course play a role—yet does not appear to effect histamine metabolism.
    [/QUOTE]

@Travis I couldn't bring the study up:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    ");"><Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Request has expired</Message>
    <Expires>2018-07-29T06:34:01Z</Expires>
    <ServerTime>2018-07-30T05:34:11Z</ServerTime>
    <RequestId>749BF13C9542F3C4</RequestId>
    ");"><HostId>
    /8/bRDtV01CdKWLQRimMCc/vgWvSGZ4r4Kk1KauvJtZDmDTNXafczQpDZ8hDUsC70z8guDLBKkU=
    </HostId>
    </Error>

Would you please post it for me?

5. Travis

Travis Member

Sure. There are many free links to that particular study, and this one here should be more reliable.

6. zewe

zewe Member

@Travis
    Many thanks for the link.

I'll have to print it and take some time reading it. I've recently gotten back my ability to focus intently, but that
    fluctuates.

Would it be alright if I message you?

7. Travis

Travis Member

Sure. There would also be lots of indirect data on FRα autoantibodies, folates, and schizophrenia because you would expect to see many reliable changes measured previously by others: (1) brain serotonin reduced, (2) brain dopamine reduced, (3) brain acetylcholine reduced, and (4) all brain pterins reduced because the FRα on the blood–brain barrier transports all of them. Folate and tetrahydrobiopterin are cofactors for many brain enzymes, and those responsible for synthesizing above-listed neurotransmitters are: (1) tryptophan hydroxylase, (2) dopamine hydroxylase, and (3) serine hydroxymethyltransferase coupled with methionine synthetase.

The enzyme serine hydroxymethyltransferase needs folate as a cofactor in a process that actually creates a methyl group, or breaks a carbon–carbon bond for one. The thus-formed methylfolate is then is available for methionine synthetase, an enzyme where is serves as co-cofactor along with vitamin B₁₂. As you probably know, the latter enzyme regenerates S-adenosylmethionine from S-adenosylhomocysteine, perhaps explaining the low concentrations of SAM observed in many schizophrenics. Folate is needed for methyl groups, and ultimately for high-acetylcholine synthesis.

Folate is also needed for the synthesis of three out of the four dNA bases.

8. Barliman

Barliman Member

General Practitioner

Think about it for a minute--- what on earth have I done?

How could anything be stranger than that?
    :)

9. nwo2012

nwo2012 Member

I was using Tianeptine in small roughly 10mg doses and it did sharpen focus.
    Then the powder, over time, clumped together to make a large gooey blob. I broke a small piece off and ate it. Couple of hours later it felt like a real high, similar to the bad old days of recreational drug use. I wanted to talk much like being high on cocaine/amphetamine.
    Weighed a similar sized piece and it weighed 250mg. Good ***t!

10. cellboy

cellboy Member

I once overdid lisuride after a heavy fapping session and then got dizzy and started seeing shadows haunting me from every corner. After an hour i got terrible headaches and passed out. To this day i dont really know why that happened. Definitely not a pleasant experience imo