Wet Dreams Indicative Of Underlying Issues

CDT

Hey everyone. Been on nofap for many weeks now and I've noticed that I am starting to get heavier wet dreams. I have had two in the past 4 weeks, and I am wondering if that is abnormal.

Also, do any of you have awareness on whether or not that wet dreams could be indicative of underlying stress response of hormonal imbalances? I struggled with PMO in 2018 and have since been able to have enough discipline to stop relapsing, and I think I am finally on the path to health, but every time I have a wet dream, something feel wrong. Thanks in advance for your time and responses.

Simply this: orgasms even wet dreams cause hormonal disturbances. You are doing things right. Very well. Congratulations. Part of the brain, let’s call it the lizard brain, craves release and wants to tell the conscious paper-thin prefrontal cortex, “you are doing it wrong...”

Just acknowledge the wonder of the lizard brain. Thank your lizard brain. And keep doing what you are doing.

The next stage which is very, very important is to be around women. Are you getting out? If you are from a culture such as American that dates, are you dating? This is vital now...

OP
C

CDT

Nope, not getting out much, but I really don't mind it at all.
Simply this: orgasms even wet dreams cause hormonal disturbances. You are doing things right. Very well. Congratulations. Part of the brain, let’s call it the lizard brain, craves release and wants to tell the conscious paper-thin prefrontal cortex, “you are doing it wrong...”

Just acknowledge the wonder of the lizard brain. Thank your lizard brain. And keep doing what you are doing.

The next stage which is very, very important is to be around women. Are you getting out? If you are from a culture such as American that dates, are you dating? This is vital now...
Nope, not getting out much. I just workout, cook, and study during the summer. I also volunteer in a lab.

rei

By not masturbating you signal inability to find a suitable environment to your physiology. This will result in metabolic changes that increase the chance to find a partner. It starts mediated by dopamine/testosterone, but if the situation persists it moves over to be driven by serotonin/estrogen. As this happens the wet dreams start to go away.

You need to either stop the signal or just wait from weeks to months for the physiology to stabilize if you decide to continue like a monk. We all can read in the news what kind of perversions these men and women of god acquire when they denounce sexuality, so i suggest you choose wisely.

Last edited:

ShotTrue

By not masturbating you signal inability to find a suitable environment to your physiology. This will result in metabolic changes that increase the chance to find a partner. It starts mediated by dopamine/testosterone, but if the situation persists it moves over to be driven by serotonin/estrogen. As this happens the wet dreams start to go away.

You need to either stop the signal or just wait from weeks to months for the physiology to stabilize if you decide to continue like a monk. We all can read in the news what kind of perversions these men and women of god acquire when they denounce sexuality, so i suggest you choose wisely.
This is a very good summary, makes sense to me. I always felt NoFap to be unbearable and I felt weaker, after several weeks or months of abstaining.
They've shown it reduces testosterone in the long run.
I don't think people need to Nofap, most people who do just have poor social skills/lack of mental confidence that they think is somehow caused by masturbation

ShotTrue

Semen has so little zinc in it (less than 10% RDA) I find it ridiculous people think it ruins their bodies nutrition. If anything you feel different because of the surge in test and dht, which if you're healthy has no negative effect (DHT is linked to inflammation in the scalp which is why some people feel it makes hairloss worse, but this only happens in a comprised health state)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals