Issue With Excessive Dreaming

faxmulder

Hi guys,

my issue, that presented in the last year, is kinda odd, i.e. "too much dreaming". I understand that the REM stage is an essential component of sleep, but I think I have it in excess, and it is a hindrance to reaching the Deep Sleep stage.

I wake up quite often in the night, always from a dream, and seem to continue dreaming as soon as I fall back asleep again. They are not nightmares, I'd say vivid dreams.

It's like my mind is never shutting off when I sleep. I can usually fall asleep without problems (even if I'm a night owl, so I'm going to bed past midnight) and can generally fall asleep again within minutes of waking in the night.

Is there anything that could help me in reducing REM sleep in order to improve deep sleep?

Thank you!

boris

Cannabis eliminates dreams for many people. But I don't know the mechanisms behind it and wether it would be beneficial.

Do you feel rested after sleep or still tired?

redsun

Hi guys,

my issue, that presented in the last year, is kinda odd, i.e. "too much dreaming". I understand that the REM stage is an essential component of sleep, but I think I have it in excess, and it is a hindrance to reaching the Deep Sleep stage.

I wake up quite often in the night, always from a dream, and seem to continue dreaming as soon as I fall back asleep again. They are not nightmares, I'd say vivid dreams.

It's like my mind is never shutting off when I sleep. I can usually fall asleep without problems (even if I'm a night owl, so I'm going to bed past midnight) and can generally fall asleep again within minutes of waking in the night.

Is there anything that could help me in reducing REM sleep in order to improve deep sleep?

Thank you!

Are you taking things that are boosting acetylcholine? Certain B vitamins, too much choline intake in the afternoon in combination with B vitamins can easily do it then the increased acetylcholine will make you aware of your dreams when you enter those stages of sleep.

reality

Cannabis eliminates dreams for many people. But I don't know the mechanisms behind it and wether it would be beneficial.

Do you feel rested after sleep or still tired?

Yeah until you stop it, and then experience the craziest wacked out dreams as part of the R.E.M. rebound

lampofred

I have the same issue and I've been trying to think of different ways to approach it. My current guess is that it happens if ATP is low, even if temperature is high, because of food being turned into heat instead of ATP. Increasing thyroid and calcium/vitamin D (which shift the balance to ATP production from heat production, as opposed to salt) might help.

GreekDemiGod

Throught the years, my frequency of dream has gone down more and more. Since I started peating and listening to subliminals, I dream more often.

OP
F

faxmulder

I have the same issue and I've been trying to think of different ways to approach it. My current guess is that it happens if ATP is low, even if temperature is high, because of food being turned into heat instead of ATP. Increasing thyroid and calcium/vitamin D (which shift the balance to ATP production from heat production, as opposed to salt) might help.

thanks mate. This is interesting, since I have low vit D (started supplementing 3000UI/day with K2) and low thyroid symptoms (such as cold hands).
Other than vit D, recent bloodworks showed only low LH. Maybe there is a correlation. What could I take to increase thyroid and LH?

Lejeboca

I was taking haidut's thyromix before bed (1-2 drops on the wrists) and I slept without dreams (and without waking up at night).
I have stopped thyromix a couple of weeks back and I started to dream (again) and often remember my dreams.
This didn't bother me, so I didn't make this connection until now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals