Thymus, Thoughts, Sex, "Natural state" and UG Krishnamurti

Over my 30+ Years I haven't seen and experienced more fascinating human being than UG Krishnamurti. I've researched this guy for 5 years. Read everything, watched everything and after all that I can boldly make this claim.

In short, he was a guy who was searching for "Spiritual Enlightenment" all of his life and on his 49 birthday some biological transformation happened. People claimed that he got enlightened but he forcefully rejected that term and said that what happened to him was some kind of biological alignment. He called that state of the body a "Natural state". Body free from the control of thought. He didn't offer any advice on how to "achieve" what he has achieve because he claimed that he was "lucky" and he doesn't know what happened. He often said that what happened has happened not because of his wants and desires but in spite of them.

After that he talked about "physical glands" and not "spiritual chakras". In this little part of this lovely forum I'm sharing some of his thoughts, for no reason:

Q: What track would that be?
UG:
It is all chemical. If, as they say, desires are hormones, then the whole ethical code and culture that we have created through centuries to control the behavior of human beings are false. So, desire cannot be false. Anything that is happening within the [human] organism cannot be false.

Q: Are you saying that there will always be sexual desire even without thought?
UG:
There is no sex at all without thought. Thought is memory. These experts make fun of me when I say that the most important of all glands is the thymus gland. When I discussed this subject with some physiologists and doctors they made fun of me. Naturally so, because according to them, the gland is inactive. If it is activated through any external means, it would be an abnormal situation. But, you know, the thymus is the most important gland, and feelings operate there without the element of thought.

Q: From the thymus...?
UG:
Yes, from the thymus. You see, medical technology has ignored that for a very long time. They considered any unusual condition of the gland to be an abnormality and tried to treat it. It is true that when you reach the adolescent age, it becomes inactive, and then your feelings are controlled by your ideas.

Q: By culture rather than by natural biology....
UG:
...than by natural biology. Feeling, to me, is like this: if you trip, I don't actually trip along with you; but the whole of my being is involved in that `tripping over'. That is the kind of feeling that I am talking about; all other feelings are emotions and thoughts. The distinction between feeling (not in the sense that I mentioned just now) and thought is not really something ....

Q: It is just artificial.
UG:
It is very artificial. It is cultural. "The heart is more important than the head" and all such nonsense are absolute poppycock. When once this [U.G.'s] kind of disturbance takes place in the hormonal balance of the human body through this catastrophe, through this calamity, through whatever you want to call it, not only is the thymus activated but also all other glands such as the pineal and the pituitary are activated. People ask me, "Why don't you submit yourself to medical testing to validate all these claims?" I tell them that I am not selling these claims.

What I have against medical technology is that you want to understand the functioning of these things with a motive. When once you have some idea of how these glands function, how the activation of these things will help mankind, you are not going to use it for the benefit of mankind.

Q: And that is the reason why you are not interested in....
UG:
...not interested in studying all that. If you don't accept what I am saying, it is just fine with me. If some top physician wants to reject what I say, that fellow will say that I am talking rubbish. But now volumes have been written in America on the subject of the thymus gland. I am not claiming any special knowledge of these things. What I am trying to say is that the feelings felt at the thymus are quite different from the feelings induced by thoughts.

ALSO:

UG: "When I talk of 'feeling', I do not mean the same thing that you do. Actually, feeling is a physical response, a thud in the thymus. The thymus, one of the endocrine glands, is located under the breast bone. The doctors tell us that it is active through childhood until puberty and then becomes dormant. When you come into your natural state, this gland is re-activated. Sensations are felt there; you don't translate them as 'good' or 'bad'; they are just a thud. If there is a movement outside of you -- a clock pendulum swinging, or a bird flying across your field of vision -- that movement is also felt in the thymus. The whole of your being is that movement or vibrates with that sound; there is no separation. This does not mean that you identify yourself with that bird or whatever -- "I am that flying bird." There is no 'you' there, nor is there any object. What causes that sensation, you don't know. You do not even know that it is a sensation.

'Affection' (this is not my interpretation of the word) means that you are affected by everything, not that some emotion flows from you towards something. The natural state is a state of great sensitivity -- but this is a physical sensitivity of the senses, not some kind of emotional compassion or tenderness for others. There is compassion only in the sense that there are no 'others' for me, and so there is no separation"

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I know Ray has claimed that Thymus is extremely important gland on several occasion so maybe someone can chime in and talk about the ways of how to protect and "re-activate" the Thymus gland.

I know Ray has said Sugar is extremely important for protecting the Thymus. Some medical studies are claiming Zinc as extremely important. Are there any other thoughts?

I'm a fan of both UG Krishnamurti and Ray Peat. I think both have a philosophy of the body containing an inherent intelligence that goes far beyond culture, and is stifled or distorted by the supposed educated authorities who instead mold it into harmful ways of living. UG Krishnamurti seemed to focus more on the religious/spiritual/cultural distortions, Ray Peat more on the health/scientific/cultural distortions, although he definitely gets into the philosophy side of things in Generative Energy or Mind in Tissue. I don't have the quotes on me but Peat has talked about learning from one's on body's cravings as indications of things gone awry (suggesting nutritional deficiencies, or things wrong in one's own environment) and people having an instinctual ability to know what's wrong with them, in contrast to the misleading approach of modern medical authorities.

Quote from Ray Peat:
"The culture of adaptation creates a life trajectory, in which what they want is contrary to what life needs. Remembering yourself as the one whose future is always in question, in doubt and open, you know where youthful energy lives, and I think it starts to feel as though gravity is pulling for you, making things roll toward you—that is, things indicate where they need to go, so it isn’t necessary to plan, instead, to keep perceiving the possibilities as they open up better generalities."
Ray Peat, Email reply to Karen Mcc, 2015 (#903)

"Our brain grows into our culture, and the culture lives in our nervous system. If a person grows up without hearing people speak, he will have grown a special kind of brain, making it difficult to learn to speak. When we ask a question and find an answer, we are changed. Thinking with learning is a developmental process [...] But many people learn at an early age not to question. This changes the nature of subsequent learning and brain development."
[...]
"In the middle ages, the Divine Right of Kings was derived from certain kinds of theological reasoning. It has been replaced by newer ideologies, based on deductions from beliefs about the nature of mind and matter, words and genes, “Computational Grammar,” or numbers and quantized energy, but behind the ideology is the reality of the authoritarian personality."

"In a world run by corporation executives, university presidents (“football is central to the university's mission”), congressmen, bankers, oilmen, and agency bureaucrats, people with the intelligence of an ant (a warm ant) might seem outlandishly intelligent. This is because the benighted self-interest of the self-appointed ruling class recognizes that objective reality is always a threat to their interests. If people, for example, realized that estrogen therapy and serotonin-active drugs and x-rays and nuclear power and atomic bomb tests were beneficial only to those whose wealth and power derive from them, the whole system would lose stability. Feigned stupidity becomes real stupidity.

"But apart from ideologically institutionalized stupidity, there are real variations in the ability to learn, to remember and to apply knowledge, and to solve problems. These variations are generally metabolic differences, and so will change according to circumstances that affect metabolism. Everyday social experiences affect metabolism, stimulating and supporting some kinds of brain activity, suppressing and punishing others. All of the activities in the child's environment are educational, in one way or another."

Quote from UG Krishnamurti:
"Each individual is unique, unparalleled; there is not another one like you in the whole universe. That is your natural state.' But we ignore that fact and try to put everybody in a common mould and create what we call the greatest common factor. Our education, religion and culture are geared towards producing copies of acceptable models, and, in the process, destroying that unique, living quality in a child, in every human being, which is yearning to blossom and express itself. Otherwise, there would be more human flowers. But, given its nature, society cannot be interested in such human flowers. At best, it can put them on a pedestal, domesticate them and make them a part of its structure."
Source: Each individual is unique - Ug Krishnamurti

Others from UG:
"To be yourself requires extraordinary intelligence. You are blessed with that intelligence; nobody need give it to you; nobody can take it away from you. He who lets that express itself in its own way is a "Natural Man"."

"Society or culture or whatever you might want to call it, has created us all solely and wholly for the purpose of maintaining its continuity and status quo.“ — U.G. Krishnamurti Source: Thought is Your Enemy (1990), Chapter II: Throw Away Your Crutches
Source: Society or culture or whatever you might want to call it,…

"Q: But there is no conditioning of the body.

UG:
The conditioning of the body is its intelligence. That is the native intelligence of the body. I am not talking about the instinct. The intelligence of the body is necessary for its survival. That intelligence is quite different from the intellect which we have developed. Our intellect is no match for that intelligence. If you don't think, the body can take care of itself in a situation where it finds itself in danger. Whenever the body is faced with danger, it relies upon itself and not your thinking or your intellect. If, on the other hand, you just think, then you are frightened. The fear makes it difficult for you to act. People ask me, "How come you take walks with the cobras?" I have never done it with a tiger or any other wild animal. But I don't think I would be frightened of them either. If there is no fear in you, then you can take walks with them. The fear emits certain odors which the cobra senses. The cobra senses that you are a dangerous thing. Naturally, the cobra has to take the first step. Otherwise, it is one of the most beautiful creatures that nature has created. They are the most lovable creatures. You can take a walk with them and you can talk to them." No Way Out/Chapter 8 - Wikisource, the free online library

Last edited:
OP
UG Krishnamurti
Thanks for chiming in sharing all those quotes. I'm very familiar with these Ray's and UG's statements.

I think there are lots of similarities between Ray and UG and that is what drove me closer to Ray after I first heard him talk.

Inaut

I was always a fan of Krishnamurti. Something about his aura and how he communicated his thoughts. He was unlike many "gurus" of his time. I am also most interested in the thymus and have posted a few things about thymus thumping. Not sure if there's any measurable effects from doing the action but it definitely wakes me up and gets me out of my head. Thyme and thyme oil may also have importance and connection to the thymus, more than just etymologically. Maybe just anecdotal though

golder

Thymus is extremely important gland on several occasion so maybe someone can chime in and talk about the ways of how to protect and "re-activate" the Thymus gland.
I was thinking this exact same thing the other day when accidentally stumbling on some peptides that were apparently very supportive for the thymus (TA1 and Thymulin). Hopefully some people can chime in with some good general practises for thymus health!

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I was always a fan of Krishnamurti.
I just want to make a distinction between UG and Jiddu Krishnamurti. They both have the name Krishnamurti (In india that is their name and not their last name) and Jiddu is way more popular and famous than UG. :)

Interestingly UG was a student of Jiddu Krishnamurti and at the end UG left Jiddu and started searching on his own.
I am also most interested in the thymus and have posted a few things about thymus thumping. Not sure if there's any measurable effects from doing the action but it definitely wakes me up and gets me out of my head.
Thymus thumping. Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Thyme and thyme oil may also have importance and connection to the thymus, more than just etymologically. Maybe just anecdotal though
I've also seen some anecdotal evidence of Thyme oil and thyme in general being supposedly good for thymus.
I was thinking this exact same thing the other day when accidentally stumbling on some peptides that were apparently very supportive for the thymus (TA1 and Thymulin).
Interesting, thanks.
"Thymulin is a nonapeptide hormone whose active structure requires Zn" - HAROLD H. SANDSTEAD, WILLIAM AU, in Handbook on the Toxicology of Metals (Third Edition), 2007

Ben.

I too heard zinc could be usefull altough the dosages need to be quite high so other minerals/elements would need to be supplemented aswell. I think @Hans mentioned it?

Theres also the idea that human growth hormone (HGH) and DHEA could help.

Thymus peptides, maybe Thymus organ meat mixed in with ground beef/pork or as supplement could be helpfull aswell.

Im just speculating tho.

Makrosky

It might seem a frivolous comment, but it is not. Think about it...

Why Krishnamurti always had a sad, melancholic face? Not much bright on his eyes I would say.

Not to say his teachings (maybe best called unteachings) don't have value, because they do.

I believe face is a reflection of inner soul.

Makrosky

I too heard zinc could be usefull altough the dosages need to be quite high so other minerals/elements would need to be supplemented aswell. I think @Hans mentioned it?

Thymus peptides, maybe Thymus organ meat mixed in with ground beef/pork or as supplement could be helpfull aswell.

Im just speculating tho.
AFAIK nobody in thisnforum has ever discussed thymus gland supplementation. It would be very interesting to know its effects. Do they sell it?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Why Krishnamurti always had a sad, melancholic face? Not much bright on his eyes I would say.
I believe you are thinking of Jiddu Krishnamurti and not UG Krishnamurti :)
UG was the energetic, loud, "cynical", anti-authoritarian and white sugar/heavy whipping cream eating guy xd

NIce suggestions. Will look into it.

mm33

Forum Supporter
Thanks UG for this thread. I read about UG Krishnamurti years ago and it was all probably way over my head back then lol. Thanks for the summations above. The thymus talk is also quite fascinating.

Ben.

AFAIK nobody in thisnforum has ever discussed thymus gland supplementation. It would be very interesting to know its effects. Do they sell it?

Well i came across it when i learned about Prof. Vladimir Khavinson some russian guy. Apparantly they found peptides to be helpful in the sense of returning both animals and soldiers back to a biological baseline health of their respective organ before some traumatic or hurtfull event happened (stress, malnutrition, severe wounds from war etc.). Atleast i think so, it's been a few years since i read/watched infos on it.

Yes it led to it being sold as tablets/pills eventually. The peptides are derived from animals (prolly some cheap mass producing farm i assume). However from that logic atleast consuming these organs should deliver the same thing. It is something organ meat advocates and organ supplement companys advertise with anyhow. Thoose organs usually contain alot of nutrients they themself need so i don't think the whole idea is to far fetched.

Peptides on their own however are usually extremely expensive and the amount of fraud in that market is insane so actually getting your hands on a valid source that contains the amount you pay for, if it contains it at all would be most fortunate. Thus organ meat seems to be a sensible approach if one would take it.

But don't take my word for it i just read/heard about it so take with a healthy teaspoon's worth grain of salt.

Haven't watched UG's stuff in years. Thanks for the reminder, interesting character.

I know Ray has claimed that Thymus is extremely important gland on several occasion so maybe someone can chime in and talk about the ways of how to protect and "re-activate" the Thymus gland.
Any other places he talks about it than this?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHnKOux7QKE

Also, it is interesting that the thymus gland is associated with the "8th chakra" and in the bible it is talked about circumcision happening on the 8th day, and about real circumcision being the circumcision of the heart.

Makrosky

I believe you are thinking of Jiddu Krishnamurti and not UG Krishnamurti :)
UG was the energetic, loud, "cynical", anti-authoritarian and white sugar/heavy whipping cream eating guy xd

NIce suggestions. Will look into it.
Oh, yes, sorry. I thought you meant Jiddu. Is UG a relative of him or what?

Makrosky

Well i came across it when i learned about Prof. Vladimir Khavinson some russian guy. Apparantly they found peptides to be helpful in the sense of returning both animals and soldiers back to a biological baseline health of their respective organ before some traumatic or hurtfull event happened (stress, malnutrition, severe wounds from war etc.). Atleast i think so, it's been a few years since i read/watched infos on it.

Yes it led to it being sold as tablets/pills eventually. The peptides are derived from animals (prolly some cheap mass producing farm i assume). However from that logic atleast consuming these organs should deliver the same thing. It is something organ meat advocates and organ supplement companys advertise with anyhow. Thoose organs usually contain alot of nutrients they themself need so i don't think the whole idea is to far fetched.

Peptides on their own however are usually extremely expensive and the amount of fraud in that market is insane so actually getting your hands on a valid source that contains the amount you pay for, if it contains it at all would be most fortunate. Thus organ meat seems to be a sensible approach if one would take it.

But don't take my word for it i just read/heard about it so take with a healthy teaspoon's worth grain of salt.
No, it makes sense all you said. Super interesting. I just checked and ancestral supplements sell it. They advertise it for immune support.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
No, it makes sense all you said. Super interesting. I just checked and ancestral supplements sell it. They advertise it for immune support.
Hahaha it's a common mistake until you actually listen to them both hahahha

They are not relatives it's just the fact that "Krishnamurti" is a common name in India like for example "John" in the US/England...
But UG was the student/friend of Jiddu in his younger days until he left him so that's the only connection between the two...

I actually recommend audiobook called "Mystique on enlightenment" - available on youtube - if you find this topic interesting. There he also discusses his "biological transformation/alignment" and talks about his life.
All of his books were written by his friends basically interviewing him and than selling the books.

The most fascinating and interesting thing that will paint a small piece of picture of what a character UG actually was - is in his statement: „My teaching, if that is the word you want to use, has no copyright. You are free to reproduce, distribute, interpret, misinterpret, distort, garble, do what you like, even claim authorship, without my consent or the permission of anybody.“ :)

Makrosky

Hahaha it's a common mistake until you actually listen to them both hahahha

They are not relatives it's just the fact that "Krishnamurti" is a common name in India like for example "John" in the US/England...
But UG was the student/friend of Jiddu in his younger days until he left him so that's the only connection between the two...

I actually recommend audiobook called "Mystique on enlightenment" - available on youtube - if you find this topic interesting. There he also discusses his "biological transformation/alignment" and talks about his life.
All of his books were written by his friends basically interviewing him and than selling the books.

The most fascinating and interesting thing that will paint a small piece of picture of what a character UG actually was - is in his statement: „My teaching, if that is the word you want to use, has no copyright. You are free to reproduce, distribute, interpret, misinterpret, distort, garble, do what you like, even claim authorship, without my consent or the permission of anybody.“ :)
LOL! Wonderful quote. I guess he had other economical means to survive? lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals