Egg Fermentation Increases Vitamin K2 Levels And Eliminates Antinutrients

bignamer

I tested this out 2 summers ago, when my hens had laid an absurd amount of eggs. I left 12 eggs in a jar at 73f room temperature, airing out the jar every day for 365 days. On day 365 i cracked open all of the eggs and shipped it off to my friend who works in a food lab that tests for nutritional content in foods. Results came back in 2 weeks and the Vitamin K2 levels nearly quintupled in the eggs. All traces of the anti nutrients: avidin and ovomucoid.
Present day: I only eat self fermented eggs laid by my hens now with a minimum of 1 year fermentation. The more time fermented, the higher the vitamin content levels.
What are your guys thoughts?

Do you mind posting lab results?

lampofred

Vitamin K can be produced by bacteria so maybe it just means that there were more bacteria?

Fermentation increases lactic acid so I think high lactate levels is a potential risk.

I tested this out 2 summers ago, when my hens had laid an absurd amount of eggs. I left 12 eggs in a jar at 73f room temperature, airing out the jar every day for 365 days. On day 365 i cracked open all of the eggs and shipped it off to my friend who works in a food lab that tests for nutritional content in foods. Results came back in 2 weeks and the Vitamin K2 levels nearly quintupled in the eggs. All traces of the anti nutrients: avidin and ovomucoid.
Present day: I only eat self fermented eggs laid by my hens now with a minimum of 1 year fermentation. The more time fermented, the higher the vitamin content levels.
What are your guys thoughts?

Sounds good enough for me!
absurd amount of health achievable,do i see that right?!
please post pics,sounds insanely yummy!

Vitamin K can be produced by bacteria so maybe it just means that there were more bacteria?

Fermentation increases lactic acid so I think high lactate levels is a potential risk.

Bacterial fermentation of animal protein creates things much worse then lactic acid - cadaverine for example. And there is no way predict final chemical composition of such fermentation. Too many factors are involved.

There is that Chinese so-called 100 year egg. There are dead fermented seals stuffed with seagulls in some Inuit tribes. Those seals are proven to be deadly poison for not Inuit population in many historical tragedies.

Bacterial fermentation of animal protein creates things much worse then lactic acid - cadaverine for example. And there is no way predict final chemical composition of such fermentation. Too many factors are involved.

There is that Chinese so-called 100 year egg. There are dead fermented seals stuffed with seagulls in some Inuit tribes. Those seals are proven to be deadly poison for not Inuit population in many historical tragedies.

+1

Serious,this is ultra-high risk-food.Dont do it.
Fermentation refers in Foodscience to a highly controlled
process.This is decomposition.

postman

What wrong with cadaverine?

OP
bignamer

bignamer

I have been consuming these fermented eggs for 2 years now and my receding hairline has come back, maybe due to the higher vitamin content from the fermentation of the eggs?

High meat. I mean high egg.

burtlancast

Hilarious.

Try eating a 2 months expired egg that's left in your fridge and see what happens next.

Ritchie

You're either flat-out trolling or attempting to suss out just how gullible peeps on this forum are, and how much they will believe from some random dude posting about some ridiculous thing he does.. The comment about you growing your hairline back is too much lol.. Classic M.O. on how to sell something to people on the Ray Peat forum: tell them it grows your hair back :lol:

vulture

You're either flat-out trolling or attempting to suss out just how gullible peeps on this forum are, and how much they will believe from some random dude posting about some ridiculous thing he does.. The comment about you growing your hairline back is too much lol.. Classic M.O. on how to sell something to people on the Ray Peat forum: tell them it grows your hair back :lol:
lol. There's a hair obsession here. I think most of our problems in the forum would end if we gave up the hairloss and penis size stuff.

BTW, if you leave enough time the egg bellow the chicken most of the time it increases it's volume significantly, as well lots of it's nutrients, but beware, it would even be capable of running away from you :D

Xisca

I also have fermented eggs from my hens... Usualy I make fun by breaking them, and they explode! With sulfur smell... I hope you guessed that I don't brake them with my foot...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals