Egg Fermentation Increases Vitamin K2 Levels And Eliminates Antinutrients

redsun

Maybe the perceived benefits are actually an immunosuppressive effect from toxins like that of fish oils. I remain sceptical.

You are making it more complicated then it is. Sv3rige himself doesn't seem to understand it either. He says the bacteria are beneficial and you want them in your gut. The funny thing is he doesn't even realize that he made his stomach acid very very strong from eating carnivore and keto before hand. Truly strong stomach acid will kill virtually everything in the foods you eat like it is supposed to. If it is weak or not as strong as it should be, then you are more likely to get problems from foods assuming those particular strands in the specific raw or aged food you are eating are harmful to humans when they aren't killed by acid.

Aged foods aren't immunosuppressant at all... quite the opposite. Aging foods raises histamine content.

boris

I feel like there is a difference between aged foods and high meat. Usually you don't eat the rotten outer layers of aged meat. He eats it all with the mold growing on top and everything.

Maybe you are right about the stomach acids, I don't know much about this topic.
What do you think where does the "high" feeling come from? Products of fermentation?

redsun

I feel like there is a difference between aged foods and high meat. Usually you don't eat the rotten outer layers of aged meat. He eats it all with the mold growing on top and everything.

Maybe you are right about the stomach acids, I don't know much about this topic.
What do you think where does the "high" feeling come from? Products of fermentation?

Something directly from the food that causes but I haven't looked into it much. So yes I would imagine certain chemicals that are produced from fermentation are likely responsible. We do consume mold daily even if we don't see it with the naked eye. That is what the stomach acid is for, microbes of all kinds.

burtlancast

By the way, people should look up the difference between fermentation and putrefaction, as not to confuse one another...

Amazoniac

You are making it more complicated then it is. Sv3rige himself doesn't seem to understand it either. He says the bacteria are beneficial and you want them in your gut. The funny thing is he doesn't even realize that he made his stomach acid very very strong from eating carnivore and keto before hand. Truly strong stomach acid will kill virtually everything in the foods you eat like it is supposed to. If it is weak or not as strong as it should be, then you are more likely to get problems from foods assuming those particular strands in the specific raw or aged food you are eating are harmful to humans when they aren't killed by acid.

Aged foods aren't immunosuppressant at all... quite the opposite. Aging foods raises histamine content.
The guy wroted an article:

- Putrid Meat and Fish in the Eurasian Middle and Upper Paleolithic: Are We Missing a Key Part of Neanderthal and Modern Human Diet?

"Fermentation provides an effective means of inhibiting the ‘autoxidation’ of the lipids that leads to rancidity. When decomposition first begins, the microflora in the carcass at the time of death is predominantly composed of aerobic taxa. These bacteria deplete the available oxygen, rapidly transforming the aerobic environment in the carcass (and meat) toward one favoring fermentative anaerobic taxa (Finley et al. 2015: 628; Forbes and Carter 2016: 19; Hyde et al. 2013: 7). For the very same reason, fermentation may be one of the most effective ways to preserve and store the lipid-rich brains of both fish and mammals, because the two principal LCPUFA’s in brain, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (AA), are very unstable and quickly turn rancid, even when refrigerated."​

boris

Thanks :thumbup: @burtlancast . Maybe putrefication gives more insights into what happens with high meat.

I found this here quite interesting, regarding gut bacteria after death:
Postmortem succession of gut microbial communities in deceased human subjects
"Using qPCR, we found populations of Bacteroides and Lactobacillus declined exponentially as decay progressed. This suggested that the microbial communities changed in structure over time, and led to the hypothesis that other populations of bacteria may be useful as biomarkers of time since death."

"Over time, the bacterial communities exhibited decreased diversity. As richness was not affected, this indicates a reduction of evenness, as the communities become dominated by a few dominant genera. This is typical of a disturbance response or a bloom event. In a decomposing body, likely both scenarios occurred: the rapidly shifting environmental conditions and production of putrefaction products likely stressed some members of the community, while others were more tolerant and proliferated on the newly available substrates."

/

@Amazoniac Interesting article :thumbup:

Probably some 8 or 9 month old beef, although I didn't air it regularly after the first couple of months. It has a very nasty rotten taste, although it does develop some interesting nutty garlicky very strong spicy flavors. I don't eat it anymore, not worth the time and effort and taste but it definitely has a therapeutic effect. I don't know if it's healthy or not but it might be worth looking into for those dealing with melancholia.

This clip is a bit misinformative, it's not meant to be consumed every day, Aajonus didn't consume it every day, it was meant as medicine to be taken like once or twice a week.

Wow, that's some old meat. People who have tried high meat say that it does make depression go away.

The video is little misleading for sure. I had already watched that video before, and, since I didn't read a lot of AAjonus' work, I was under the impression that he was consuming a lot of rotten meat every single day.

Thanks for sharing.

Amazoniac

I thought that I had shared before, but couldn't locate:

- Not all rotten fish stink: Microbial changes in decaying carcasses increase cytotoxicity and potential risks to animal scavengers

"The principal aims of this study are to a) characterize changes in the culturable microbes of decaying fish on ocean beaches, and b) determine whether changes in necrobiome correlate with changes to the toxicity of carrion [animal carcass] to potential animal scavengers. Specifically, we developed three predictive models of change based on the types of microbes colonizing animal carcasses during decomposition, metabolic products produced by bacteria that decompose carrion; and the biology of scavenging vertebrates. These hypotheses were

1) that toxicity did not change significantly over time, so ‘all carcasses are attractive’ to beach scavengers,
2) that toxicity increases linearly with time, so ‘fresh is best’, and
3) that toxicity peaks at an intermediate time post exposure to the elements, meaning that ‘fresh and aged carcasses are best scavenged’​

(Fig. 1)."

1640556826637.png

"Cytopathic effects (CPE) peaked distinctly in carcasses aged 9–15 days, reaching a maximum of 95% rounded and detached cells on day 11 of the experiment (Fig. 2), thereby following predictive hypothesis 3; ‘fresh and aged carcasses are best scavenged’ (Fig. 1)."

1640556864280.png

"The results from the toxicity test may suggest that palatability of a carcass to scavengers increases initially, as microbes break down chemical bonds in the composition of the carcass, creating odours which scavengers have adapted to detect (Heale et al., 1996; Houston, 1986). As the carcasses become replete with decomposer microbes (some of which may also produce toxins), scavenging animals may become repelled – a hypothesis first suggested by Janzen (1977)). Finally, when a carcass enters the late, dry stages of decay, and toxicity decreases, palatability to particularly resilient scavenging vertebrates may again increase. Most bacterial toxins are proteins (Henkel et al., 2010), so it is plausible that cytotoxicity of the fish filtrates declined due to degradation or denaturation of the toxins as the fish carcasses aged and dried."

"The findings of this study suggest that there might be two periods during the process of carrion decay that are of lowest risk to scavengers: fresh flesh which has been on the beach for less than 5–6 days, and older flesh which has been drying on the beach for greater than 20 days. This has consequences for the conservation and management of beach scavengers. Programs seeking to deploy carrion to augment the available food for scavengers (Cortés-Avizanda et al., 2016) should be careful in leaving carrion exposed for periods of between 6 and 20 days, as this is likely the period of greatest risk for scavengers. Although several authors have surmised that scavengers have evolved mechanisms to mitigate the pathogenic effects of carrion (Cheng et al., 2015; Maeda et al., 2013; Roggenbuck et al., 2014), these defences are not always effective (Roggenbuck et al., 2014). Negative effects of consuming carrion are, however, reliant upon the levels of toxins identified in this study being biologically important to the scavengers occurring on beaches; if these levels are below their biological thresholds for toxin processing, then this may not be of significance."