Eating The Whole Animal Back In The Days Containing Gluten And PUFA

cantstoppeating said:
oxidation_is_normal said:
cantstoppeating said:
jyb said:
cantstoppeating said:
Meanwhile, I'll follow the latest scientific experiments using caffeine, aspirin, methylene blue, antibiotics etc that seek to alter our body through an accurate understanding of the cell in order to increase lifespan, cognition, fitness, vitality. No need to rely on x, y, z cultures or whatever else -- just peek into the body directly, remove inhibitors and introduce accelerators to establish a new baseline of work/productivity/efficiency.

Observations and scientific studies are not mutually exclusive. The fact that babies seem to be close to "peak efficiency" means that their diet is interesting to think about. Looking at babies and some populations and their health gives observations to complement studies. Interesting opinions like Ray's articles try to explain both observations and scientific studies of cell health. I actually think milk gives better intuition than most studies I've read over the years. But many studies gives an interpretation that seems consistent with what's in milk being very useful, so it's not always contradictory.
Re: Eating the whole animal back in the days containing gluten and PUFA

Of course not but when posters like you and others in this thread keep invoking arguments for why products of evolution are good for us precisely because they're products of evolution, you're skipping the 'science' part and clinging onto the 'observation' part.

You and others completely miss the point that evolution is always happening and it's a two-way street between the organism and the environment. What was good for us then doesn't mean it's good for us now or will be good for us tomorrow.

And it's an interesting diet to think about insofar as you're a layman without any knowledge of biochemistry, evolution and critical thinking. I'm beginning to think these evolutionary debates are just conversational fillers for layman to mimic intellectual discourse.

It's apparent that you just start attacking people on this forum when you don't agree with them. Not cool.

It's not an 'attack' to directly and bluntly say that your arguments and points are useless. You can't refute any of my arguments. cmon son.

Yes I have. You and others completely miss the point that evolution is always happening and it's a two-way street between the organism and the environment. The current state is that humans have lots of bacteria in their guts. Since that is the current state of evolution and we cannot escape evolution, we must work from within these constraints. So instead of calling us non-sterile-gut folks "layman," tell us how you know your has fewer bacteria that the rest of us.

cantstoppeating said:
cantstoppeating said:
jyb said:
cantstoppeating said:
Meanwhile, I'll follow the latest scientific experiments using caffeine, aspirin, methylene blue, antibiotics etc that seek to alter our body through an accurate understanding of the cell in order to increase lifespan, cognition, fitness, vitality. No need to rely on x, y, z cultures or whatever else -- just peek into the body directly, remove inhibitors and introduce accelerators to establish a new baseline of work/productivity/efficiency.

Observations and scientific studies are not mutually exclusive. The fact that babies seem to be close to "peak efficiency" means that their diet is interesting to think about. Looking at babies and some populations and their health gives observations to complement studies. Interesting opinions like Ray's articles try to explain both observations and scientific studies of cell health. I actually think milk gives better intuition than most studies I've read over the years. But many studies gives an interpretation that seems consistent with what's in milk being very useful, so it's not always contradictory.
Re: Eating the whole animal back in the days containing gluten and PUFA

Of course not but when posters like you and others in this thread keep invoking arguments for why products of evolution are good for us precisely because they're products of evolution, you're skipping the 'science' part and clinging onto the 'observation' part.

You and others completely miss the point that evolution is always happening and it's a two-way street between the organism and the environment. What was good for us then doesn't mean it's good for us now or will be good for us tomorrow.

And it's an interesting diet to think about insofar as you're a layman without any knowledge of biochemistry, evolution and critical thinking. I'm beginning to think these evolutionary debates are just conversational fillers for layman to mimic intellectual discourse.

It's apparent that you just start attacking people on this forum when you don't agree with them. Not cool.

It's not an 'attack' to directly and bluntly say that your arguments and points are useless. You can't refute any of my arguments. cmon son.

Yes I have. You and others completely miss the point that evolution is always happening and it's a two-way street between the organism and the environment. The current state is that humans have lots of bacteria in their guts. Since that is the current state of evolution and we cannot escape evolution, we must work from within these constraints. So instead of calling us non-sterile-gut folks "layman," tell us how you know your has fewer bacteria that the rest of us.

Let's be clear, I'm not calling 'non-sterile-guy folks' layman, I'm calling you and others who keep perpetuating these irrational point of views as layman.

So, let me break this down for you.

Evolution cannot be escaped, yes that's clear. No one here said it could.

Here's an example of altering our environment for a specific purpose and thereby altering the course of evolution -- by consciously deciding what of our bodies we want enhanced.

If you want bigger aesthetic muscles, you learn muscle physiology, make a workout and nutrition plan and hit the gym. With some time and persistence, you will gain bigger muscles. Although this seems mundane and irrelevant, what this actually shows is how we've consciously altered our environment for a particular purpose, in this case, larger muscles. Hundreds of genes were turned either off or on as a change of purposeful nutrition and exercise (i.e. the environment) and these changes will be passed on to the next generation.

Viola. We've co-opted and directed our own evolution for the betterment of ourselves.

What's next? How about removing gut bacteria to see if it can enhance longevity, vitality etc? Who knows, perhaps we'll see some benefits.

In any case, good luck -- you'll understand this one day... hopefully.

YuraCZ

Westside PUFAs said:
YuraCZ said:
Then I watch some videos my favorite YT celebrity Durianrider.

A picture I found. Rapid aging in just 6.5 years. I think it's because of lack of animal protein like taurine, b12, and way too much exercise and water intake.
I agree 100% and it is not just taurine. It is especially glycine. That's why his skin looks so old.. But I still enjoy his videos. :) Btw he takes B12.

Brian

YuraCZ said:
Westside PUFAs said:
YuraCZ said:

A picture I found. Rapid aging in just 6.5 years. I think it's because of lack of animal protein like taurine, b12, and way too much exercise and water intake.
I agree 100% and it is not just taurine. It is especially glycine. That's why his skin looks so old.. But I still enjoy his videos. :) Btw he takes B12.

I'd say his skin aging would probably be pretty typical for a light skinned person of his age who gets lots of Australian sun. Although his skin looks significantly better than other light skinned person I know in their late 30's who has had a lot of sun. I'm sure more balanced amino acids and fat solubles would help, but I think the sun is the greater factor here.

Also his extremely low body fat percentage gives a more aged look as well. Overall he's probably in great metabolic health but would probably benefit from a little more protein, calcium and fat solubles.

BobbyDukes

Westside PUFAs said:
YuraCZ said:

7301vq.jpg

That has to be the most pointless, meaningless post I've ever come across. I could find two pictures of you, with a similar timeframe and manipulate it by choosing the best and worst photos, to make a point. And that includes pictures of Ray Peat.

Also, in that second photo of 2015, what exactly is wrong with his skin? People here, are sometimes so blinded by their own beliefs, it ends up affecting their true judgement of things. The guy does super low PUFA just like most people here and, according to Peat our saviour, that's the answer to pretty much everything. So, I don't think Durianrider is that bad off, health wise. And people here need to pull their heads out of their asses if they think that a human being cannot survive without animal protein.

I bet his digestive system is ten times better than mine. I wonder what would happen if I got him to drink some milk for a few days? Throw in some meat and ice cream. He's been super low PUFA for at least a decade. He lives on mostly raw foods, so his body won't be very toxic. His metabolism is probably pretty good. After all, carbs spare protein, don't they? I wonder what Peat's foods would do to his body?

Most taurine is found in fish/meat. Meat is anti-metabolic, and most fish is toxic. Peat recommends a diet based on dairy. So your argument for taurine =fail. B12 deficiency can be found in people who's whole diet is based on animal products.

I agree with you on the exercise and water intake.

YuraCZ

The bottom line is. If you breaking down your body with cycling, running etc. like this guy. No way NO WAY you will be able to repair your body only with fruits and some starches.. Pro cyclists have after training whey protein shake+ BCAA+ L-Glutamin where they have more building blocs(aminos) for recovery than durianrider has in a day or two and they know why... You need much more protein, collagen for body repair as a athlete, then someone who just watching TV 24/7. He will be ****88 up 10 years from now if he continues in damaging his body this way. It's not rocket science...

YuraCZ

Crazy acceleration of aging no question about that. It's not just low body fat and skin damage from the sun LOL. It's epic protein deficiency.. I have done this myself for maybe 6 months and my skin looked like 40 years older. Now with the liver, collagen, glycine it's better a better..

YuraCZ

"Actually, he eats a lot of PUFA as of late form all of those oily Thai dishes."

I don't think this is true. He don't eat add fats. It's no problem to order dishes without fat and salt. Btw WHY is he so anti sodium? I really don't see any reason. Especially when he's sweating all the time with all that cycling..

YuraCZ

Btw How looks your diet Westside PUFAs? I'm trying something like 80-5-15. Without nightshades and low FODMAP and almost no fat. Max 1 egg a day and what is in low fat meat, fish and here and there some sardines or mackerel for some omega3 for better ratio with omega 6. So I eat rice, rice cakes, buckwheat, pink lentils, corn pasta, vegetables, bananas for my carbs. No added fat and protein As I wrote..

cantstoppeating said:
Westside PUFAs said:
cantstoppeating said:
I don't care what babies eat or about 'intuition', or about the Hadza tribe or about x, y and z people.

I only care about how our bodies work and giving it whatever it needs to operate at peak efficiency.

You can toil away years into studying all sorts of cultures and what our ancestors ate, about the types of bacteria in our guts (as products of evolution) and the only answers you'll find is what we've adapted to as a result of foods available (i.e. the environment) thousands of years ago -- we did the best with what we had so we could survive long enough to replicate.

Good luck with that.

Sounds a little authoritarian. Do you know of this quote from Peat?:

“For the present, the important thing is to avoid the use of the least appropriate food products, while choosing natural foods that have historical, epidemiological, and biochemical justification.” - RP

Notice the words “historical” and “epidemiological?”

“Much of my early nutrition investigation was how to get good nutrition at minimal expense, so that poor people could improve their energy and learning ability. The process of cooking corn in lime was discovered long ago, to get more nutrition with less expense. Getting ketoacids from potatoes is a similarly economical solution, that opens opportunities by improving functions while reducing expenses. Milk, rather than meat, is another ecological/economical alternative, that improves health, wealth, and longevity.” - RP

Pretty simple. No fancy biohacking with methylene blue.

cantstoppeating said:
“thousands of years ago “

No. More like only 50 years ago.

Did the process of discovering and attaining ketoacids from potatoes and realising their beneficial effect on the body materialize out of thin air? Or would you have me believe some quantum leap in logic was made from an observation of some x tribe eating potatoes?

The very process of isolating the beneficial parts of a food, in this case ketoacids from potatoes, is a process that shows exactly what I'm talking about: findout how our bodies work (i.e. ketoacids are beneficial, starch is bad) and mold the environment to suit (i.e. isolate ketoacids from potatoes, eliminate the starch). This isn't something you'd conclude solely from observational or evolutionary lines of enquiry.

All you're doing is quoting Peat without actually thinking through his statements. Don't be lazy.
The Peat quote you're referring to doesn't specify if he was talking about poor people juicing potatoes or simply just eating them.

What about this quote? It doesn't say anything about juicing:

“Two pounds of well-cooked mashed potato has the protein value similar to a liter of milk, about 33 grams of protein. A person would be able to live for a long time on two or three liters of either milk or 4-6 pounds of potatoes per day. The milk drinker would eventually need to supplement iron, the potato eaters would need to supplement vitamin A, possibly B12, but both of them are nearly perfect foods.” - RP

I've been eating potatoes almost daily since October and I'm doing well. If I weren't getting any protein from them because I'm not juicing them then I think I would know.

Isolating foodstuffs can be great. I love refined tasteless coconut oil. It allows me to use it in ways that I couldn't use virgin oil.

YuraCZ said:
Btw How looks your diet Westside PUFAs? I'm trying something like 80-5-15. Without nightshades and low FODMAP and almost no fat. Max 1 egg a day and what is in low fat meat, fish and here and there some sardines or mackerel for some omega3 for better ratio with omega 6. So I eat rice, rice cakes, buckwheat, pink lentils, corn pasta, vegetables, bananas for my carbs. No added fat and protein As I wrote..

I'll do a post on my diet soon.

Onehumin

Archeologists have discovered organized food storage structures dating back over 13,500 years.
They were used for the storage of grains! Gluten Smuten, i eat it all!!!! I just rotate foods to avoid any negative reactions. Unless your highly reactive choose whole foods you enjoy and live al little.
Remember the book... "The sugar Blues?" you can make a case for or against anything in this world. its more important to learn how to enjoy food, bless it and let the body extract all the goodness and excrete all the waste.
The body is inherently smarter than any lab tech on this planet. the map is NOT the territory, and the microscope is NOT the reality. it is a snap shot of an event in time, a clue but not the Gospel.

i think reducing PUFAS are good practices and they reflect the lies we have been told about food and diet, but lets not get too crazy. Sometimes the environment dictates what food choices we have, so we bless it, eat it enjoy it and move on. i think the mental obsession about food is more detrimental than the food itself. with a little common sense we can move Beyond food.
Peace out

Onehumin

Hey Westside.. The Lobster is the Cockroach of the Ocean is a winner, hands down!
I will still eat it!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals